Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

A Goron Theory

22 posts in this topic

Posted

All of Sheogorath's theory posts are so fanfictiony...

Please don't make up situations without proof and call it a theory.

Makes me mentally and physically, to an extent, cringe.

Also, as an added bit of info, since the leader of the Goron village in MM, which looked ancient, had an infant child, it's safe to assume Gorons also mate for life.

Sahaqiel

Posted (edited)

Gorons don't seem to have "manhoods." If they did, they would probably be wearing pants/skirts/thongs lol. (well, they can) You know, you see those sumo wrestlers wearing those on TV, and the Gorons apparantly love sumo wrestling...

well, you never know, they might have

sex

by the male climbing on top of the female and yeah...

Edited by DukeTwilight (see edit history)

Posted

That wasn't a theory post, it was shooting the dwarf comparison down by providing a better one. The better comparison will then be used by those who actually believe it can unlock a new level of understanding for the series. For the record, there is no history to theorize with, because LoZ is the same story told differently each time. That you havn't discovered this baffles me. Thusly, theorizing = fanfiction, because there is. no. history. That just leaves varrying degrees of quality and imagination to be accounted for in terms of resemblance to that specific Zelda game.

Posted (edited)

Theories - educated guesses made on previously existing information or proof supported by a small amount of speculation and irrefutable proof.

Fan fiction - scenarios and stories based on a series that are not canon and have no basis or proof, merely meant to put the author's scenes and ideas into perspective.

You keep making up scenarios with fictional characters places, and situations. As in, fan fiction. ;\

There is a history to Zelda, as it's stated several times in the actual games which you may be missing out on. There are wars mentioned and explained, adventures and artifacts and tribes that deal with them. Simply drawing up that Gorons reproduce with rocks because they're life force for their children or something is without any kind of proof at all is fan fiction. Find something that backs it up and attach a logical situation to it, and it's a theory.

Sahaqiel

Edited by Sahaqiel (see edit history)

Posted

Well maybe you know how they roll into balls...maybe the male and female roll in to one ball and go super fast down the hill and....yeah stupid idea.

Posted

One (two) words.

Hermaphrodite (spelling).

Posted (edited)

The true answer shall never be known until an M rated LoZ is released. It would be a cross between God of War and Okami, only with a Princess named Zelda -- and a Triforce -- and Link.

Theory of my own -

The rock mines are more valuble to them than you think, they mine a special rock from within to be their children. The only rock mine in Hyrule was the one on Death Mountain, when Hrule was flooded, so too was the source of their childbearing rock. Thus, their numbers decreased.

As for why this isn't spoken of? Such a secret had to be closely guarded, if anyone were to know that the survival of their race hinged on a couple mines across the world, then by-by Gorons. Ganondorf had the Gorons by the balls, so to speak.

That sounds reasonable, with creating children with rocks. Who knows what can happen in Hyrule...

I found in the OoT manga a female Goron: http://www.zelda-infinite.com/files/manga/...p=4&page=12

Edited by Solianna (see edit history)