Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

When and how did you first discover Zelda?

75 posts in this topic

Posted

This is my story:

When I was 10, in 2002 i think, my dad had to go on a trip to the US, so I asked him to bring me a PS1, because because I played it at a friends house and liked it a lot. When my dad returned he didn't give me a PS1...he gave me a N64 with two controllers and Super Mario 64. I was kinda dissapointed, but I had never owned a videogame console before that, so I was still excited. I was hooked with Mario inmediatly. Then, in 2001 I went to Blockbuster to rent a movie and saw OOT. I wanted to try it so I asked my dad to rent it too. When I was at home I started playing it and played through half of the Deku Tree. It was too hard for me so i opened another file and started exploring the world, without doing any sidequests or stuff because i didn't know English very well at that time, so I didn't understand much... I absolutley loved it. Then I had to return the game, my house was robbed (and my N64 :unsure:) and all sorts of things happened. Then, about 2 years ago I went to my friends house and he had WW, but he thought it was too hard...(He didn't even get the sail from Zunari...lol) I tried it and helped him a lil' bit. I loved it! A year after i got a GC and WW, along with the Collectors Edition Disk. I beat WW, then OOT and MM and have loved the games ever since. :) (whoa long story!)

Posted

I first got into Zelda when I got my Nintendo 64 in 1999. I only had Super Mario 64 at the time, so

I went to a friend's house to see what games he had. He had Perfect Dark, Mario Kart, SSB, and

Majora's Mask. I played Majora's Mask for an hour, and got into in quickly...I didn't play Ocarina of Time until last year. :):embarrassed:

Posted

i figured everyones zelda experience would first be in the 64 days, which is when i first got into it

but get this, as near-obsessed as i am about zelda...

so my bro had a NES and when i was about 3 i was playing it, and with no surprise i sucked at any game i tried to play lol, i wasnt even in school yet!

and i was hooked big time on contra, but i tried the first original zelda several times, and zelda II, the adventure of link, but the cartriges sucked and for some reason couldnt save anymore, and plus being 3-4 yrs old (didnt play a 64 till i was like 6-7) i had NO CLUE what i was doing in zelda lol

but then of course i got the 64 one christmas, star fox 64, which i was hooked on, and my bro got OoT, i was like o wow stupid zelda game, then i get tired of star fox and play a bit of OoT, it took me awhile to get used to it, and the deku tree took me FOREVER...lol..but once i got to Gohma (had to try to beat her several times...remember i was only 6 lol) i started to LOVE the game, i'd sit and think about it at school all day, and once the game really started, once you went to hyrule and all, pssh that was my life!! :D

took me like, 10 months to beat that game, best game ive ever played hands down! which is why im so STOKED for TP cause ive been waitin for another mature epic zelda game with adult link since after MM, WW kinda dissapointed me, not cause of the cartoonism, but the kiddy tone to it, and how easy it was(but i dont think there has ever been a zelda that has sucked..except for the 3 zeldas made by that other company, forget the names, you played as zelda in one, i never played them but they looked so cheesy, no wonder nintendo has covered those up so well...

but anywho, thats how i got into zelda, it rlly was OoT that did it, even tho i had played the first two, i plan on dl'ing a link to the past when i get the wii...i still need to find oracle of seasons, even though i think when capcom helps out with a zelda game, its a lil less zelda-ish, and minish cap, but i CANT find my GB, its killing me

anywho again, LONG LIVE THE LEGEND OF ZELDA

Posted

hehe

simple

I was about 6 maybe 7 when I started playing Ocarina of Time

I can't remember HOW he got it, I think my older brother, Travis liked zelda games, so we always got games whenever they game out.

I remember the first boss, Gomah or something, you know the spider; I was scared to DEALTH of it

and the monsters in the field at night

and wolves (surprisingly) and the redead...

well hell, I was scared of all the bosses and dead things XD

long story short, my brother wil, and a friends of mine that also liked zelda, L.J allways helped me beat the bosses XD

I was also scared of water, which is one reason I never finished the water temple XP tell I got older and smarter and well, less scared :D

Posted

Nice stories! :)

Posted

My first zelda experiance was Link To The Past (To this day, still my favourite zelda game), I was really into games when i was a child, and this one had only just come out. That would have made me about 3 or 4. My brother was is a bit older and he also loved the same kind of games, so he ended up getting it for a birthday present and we both played it alot. when we got it, I loved it. It has got to be one of my top 3 favourite games ever. I still occasionally play the rom.

Posted

I think I had Heard about Zelda BEFORE Soulcalibur 2. Oh yes, know I remember. I originally got the Wind Waker when I bought my GC, but that didn't hook me. I still liked pokemone and always bough the games up to......Soulcalibur 2. I really liked that game and especially how link looked. That was how I first stated to Love Zelda. I am currnetly trying to try out every game, but after TP, I might not wnat to try previous ones. But yea, Soulcalibuer 2 got me ABSOLUTLU Hooked on Zelda. Don't knolw hwy my Firend Andy didn't convert to Zelda-ism and still liked Pokemon after playing Soulcalibur 2. The World may never know......:D

Posted

That's funny. Getting into Zelda games without playing one. :):unsure:

Posted

That is very weird that you got into Zelda with Soulcalibur 2...at least you finally got into it, though... :P

Posted

I play Zelda in the first nes in 1986 when I haved 25. From that day I play all Zelda and I'm a fan of Zelda. I pre-purchased TP in august 2004 that means two years prior to the release day.

Posted

idk?? uhh i ..uh no that was pokemon uh hmmmmmm <_< uh o yeah i played oot at my friends house and bought it anmd so on ect......potatoes are good!

Posted

idk?? uhh i ..uh no that was pokemon uh hmmmmmm <_< uh o yeah i played oot at my friends house and bought it anmd so on ect......potatoes are good!

RANDOMNESS! :D XD :wacko: + :D = XD

Posted

Christmas many years ago:

I wake up super early (as usual; it's Christmas, after all) and wake Centauri up. We then proceed to rip open our presents. My combined Christmas/birthday present:

Centauri: "Wow, that's a big box! Who's it for?"

Me: "Not for you, those are your presents over there."

Centauri: "Open it!"

*ripping paper*

Me: "An N64! YES!"

Centauri: "Hey, this too!"

*ripping paper*

Centauri: "Ocarina of Time?"

Me: "It's a Zelda game!"

Centauri: "What's Zelda?"

Me: "A game series Kaio told me about once."

Centauri: "Play it! Play it!"

And so I rip open the box and plug the N64 in. A couple hours later my parents walk in to find us completely absorbed into the game; I had by then gotten halfway through the Deku Tree. And so it began.

Posted

Well, lesee...

I got my N64 the christmas it was released (Like all of my Nintendo systems. Wii also!) and my brother and sisters and I got absorbed into the awesomeness that was Star Fox 64, and Mario 64.

Well my brother had a friend who also had an N64, AND the Ocarina of Time golden cart. I was fascinated, but my brother rarely let me play it.

I always watched him when I was bored, and one time I walked in, I saw the Wallmaster.

OOooh, such sleepless nights.

But that was like Age 6.

Nowadays...

I walk into a room with a wallmaster...

*WOOOOSH*

AAH!

Roll out of the way

Turn around

DIE EVIL HAND!

I turn around and SLASH THE LIVING HELL OUT OF IT.

...Run away..

RUN BACK AND SLASH IT'S CORPSE, THEN SHOUT AT THE TOP OF MY LUNGS A VICTORY SHOUT.

But he let me play around in the forest temple on my own file. I got absorbed...

Now, we borrow the OoT cart from a friend. I finished it the other night, killing Ganon without the aid of Light Arrows!

(This isn't how I got into Zelda, actually...*turns to his Adventure of Link cartridge, Golden*) *Siiigh*....

Posted

Lets see here, I was about 3 or so and I saw my brother and sister playing games like Zelda and Metroid, so one day I picked up the controller and tried to get Zelda to work but the game just wouldn