Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

When and how did you first discover Zelda?

75 posts in this topic

Posted

Wow, a good question, and I remember mine perfectly! I was really young, like 4 or something, and my brother was like 9 yrs old. He came home one day with this big game for the N64 called The Legend Of Zelda 'Ocarina Of Time' I was interested in the title, so I decided to go watch him play this game (I always watched him play games, and I still do, although now I usually play them lol) The minute he created a file and started playing, I didnt want to leave, I thought it was the most awesome thing! After watching him for a full day playing the game, I went to bed and (this is kinda funny) I had a nightmare about the Deku Tree dying and coming back to haunt me...yes it seems really funny, but I was 4! C'mon! Anyways, the next day I wanted to create a file, so I did, and I died within like 10 minutes of the game! lol Over the years I played it and played it till I beat it, and now I love the Zelda games! Long story huh? :P

Posted

I thought this topic was dead... Cool stories! Keep posting! :P:)

Posted

Well,about 6 or 7 years ago (Do the math >_> It's good for your brain),I visited my cousin's house (about a state over.HA!). We got bored of the adults, and strolled into his room. It's one of them rooms where you can never find anything...

I found his N64 and the game 'Hey You,Pikachu!' Played.... Got bored... Searched through the box again, and found Super Smash Bros. Why not?

`k then, moving on. Got bored of that as well, then found...(dun dun dun) Ocarina of Time. I played for a bit.. Got hooked until I got stuck in the Deku Tree. It was where you had to get that OTHER spider web,the one that requires a lit stick.

A year or so later, I found the Collector's Edition for Zelda, and bought it (I never actually HAD an N64, I was much too busy with other parts of life). ....

I don't think I should go on, that kinda described it. :embarrassed:

Posted

I think my first Zelda experience was 3 and a half years back when I played The Wind Waker.... Good times..... Good times..... But, anyway, I heard all of these great things about it, so I decided to give it a try. But I also got the Ocarina Of Time with it.... But I am most certain that I played The Wind Waker first! And that's my first Zelda experience! :D:embarrassed::D:embarrassed:

Posted

I first discovered Zelda back in the mid 90's when I first got a SNES. I played ALTTP and was hooked from there. Before that I had heard about the previous games for NES but I did not own any of them. After ALTTP I moved up to OOT and then MM and finally WW. I'm just glad I have the Zelda Collector's Edition for my GCN so I can play the original NES games. :D

Posted

Wow, people are this crazy for Zelda..... The nuts cases! :D

Posted

I first got into zelda when I went on a trip to Atlanta Georgia with my grandma. I had an n64 with super mario 64 and star fox, which were both awesome games. My friend told me that a game would be coming out with 3d graphics and its about a boy with a fairy and a sword. I was like yeea (I was 6) and so I said ok ill get it and see wat its like. My gradma gave me 10 dollars a day for good behavior,(60 in all) and i went back home and bought it at babbagges. sry i don't kno how to spell that. anyway, I started playing it and before long, i was hooked! Now, i have beaten every zelda game created (except for those 3 bogus ones and the bs ones in Japan) and I love the series. It's my favorite series. Hands down. Duh! :D

Posted

Posted

I was about six and when I first got an N64 I got Oot and my dad played it and loved it so we got into it.

Posted

You're dad's into Zelda too? I wish mine were...

Posted

You're dad's into Zelda too? I wish mine were...

Me too...

Anyway, I found out about Zelda because my cousins who are a lot older than me gave me SNES and Nintendo64. It came with about 30 games, including LTTP and OoT. Amazing how everyone here understands those shorthands... ;)

Posted

Mine first one was OoT. Plain and simple. :embarrassed:

Posted

i played my first zelda game when i was two and a half didn't beat it until a year later.

it was the first game and i was (technically) brn into the series with my parents playing them

Posted

I got my first taste of zelda in the form of a commercial. it was for Oot, and i thought it was the most amazing thing i had ever seen. I don't think i had ever played any video games except super mario bros. for the snes. anyway, i got an n64 and zelda and mario for christmas 1999, and i have loved nintendo ever since.

Posted

I played the first one when I was 2 and I forgot when I was 5, saw OoT and wanted it and my mom said no. 5 years later I got my second game cube and OoT was in the collectors addition.

Was it fate?