The Cave of Ordeals

18 posts in this topic

Posted

Well, I just beat the Cave of Ordeals this morning.

And I have NO IDEA why people say it's hard. Maybe I just play TP too much, and now find everything easy, but everyone who posted FAQ's and stuff about it said things like these as requirements:

-Make sure you have all 20 hearts

-Get the giant quiver, all of the bomb bags and the giant bomb bag

-Have completed the game

-Have all 4 bottles, filled with fairies

-Have all 7 hidden skills

-Have all items fully stocked

-Have the Magic Armour

-Have 1000 Rupees

Well, I finished it with a whole HALF of my arrows left over, I used maybe 10 bombs total, I haven't completed the game yet, I still had 2 fairies left, and I didn't use the Magic Armour at all. Oh yeah, and I only have 16 hearts and left the Cave with 3.

Why did they make it so easy?

Post your thoughts here.

Posted

I agree, it was pretty easy. At first I thought it would be like the Pit of 100 Trials in Paper Mario, but this was easy.

Posted

I agree, it was pretty easy. At first I thought it would be like the Pit of 100 Trials in Paper Mario, but this was easy.

Eh, I've never played Paper Mario, but from the way you're talking about this "Pit of 100 Trials", I assume it's hard.

Posted

The first pit of 100 trials in Super paper mario is manageable, but the second one is a real challenge when you try it on a low level. The one in Paper Mario: the Thousand year door isn't too bad either if you know what you're doing.

Posted

I had to use the armor in the final room, and I used a single fairy. Looking back it wasn't so tough, but I didn't expect it to be as hard as they said it would be. Were're all Zelda feinds after all.

Posted

I've never beat it. Heck I didn't find it untill 2 months ago.

Also what is the magic armor?

Posted (edited)

Its a suit of armor that absorbs rupees and damage. By helping the monopolist baby Malo, you can get it for a few hundred rupees at the castle town store. If you have the giant wallet and found all the poes, then you can remain in it indefinitely. In other words, its pointless.

Edited by Sheogorath (see edit history)

Posted

Its a suit of armor that absorbs rupees and damage. By helping the monopolist baby Malo, you can get it for a few hundred rupees at the caste town store. If you have the giant wallet and found all the poes, then you can remain in it indefinitely. In other words, its pointless.

Yes it is. Why would you wast ruppes just to get an item that sucks ruppes in the first place!?

Posted

There's nothing to spend rupees on, so they aren't really missed. Its best used by Links who are richer than they are courageous.

Posted

I'll clear this up. Every .4 of a second, you lose one Rupee, but in return, you are invincible. Once your Rupees run out, though, the armor becomes dormant and you walk around as if you had the Iron Boots on.

180px-Magicarmor.jpg

Posted

Ah, yes. That cave. I beat it too easily. They make it seem hard but they also say the game overall is hard, and sometimes even better then OoT.

Posted

Ah, yes. That cave. I beat it too easily. They make it seem hard but they also say the game overall is hard, and sometimes even better then OoT.

Liek zomg dere ish a Bionicle in our midst askldfhggljashgkl;ashgkl;ah

Also, I agree all too well.

Posted

Liek zomg dere ish a Bionicle in our midst askldfhggljashgkl;ashgkl;ah

Also, I agree all too well.

You are the first person outside of a Bionicle fansite to notice.

Posted

every time im i the cave i fall asleep so i never beat it :embarrassed:

Posted

You are the first person outside of a Bionicle fansite to notice.

I used to have an obsession with those little guys XD

[/offtopic]