Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Twilight Princess

21 posts in this topic

Posted

Green potions and Din's Fire are your friends in that battle. And I was a little dissapointed with TP. After the rush of the great gameplay wore off, the game as a whole just seemed a little... meh. For a Zelda game I mean.

That's how I beat him the first time, but I was tring a glitch.

Anyway TP was a good game. It was just really hard. I still don't see what was so bad about it. It was a good game no matter what you people say.

Posted

Nobody said it was a bad game. I actually rank it above OoT in enjoyment.

Posted

Nobody said it was a bad game. I actually rank it above OoT in enjoyment.

Yeah, but some people say that it's not as good as they though, and it was missing someting. I just don't know what that something was.

Posted (edited)

It did lack a cohesiveness about two thirds through (six dungeons). The Oocca were totally superfluous, even though they were cool. Being a wolf wasn't very fulfilling in regards to my repressed, feral nature :rolleyes: The world and its residents felt less intertwined than in past games. Other than those points, and a few minor ones unspoken, the game was fun, it was a good legend.

Edited by Sheogorath (see edit history)

Posted

It did lack a cohesiveness about two thirds through (six dungeons). The Oocca were totally superfluous, even though they were cool. Being a wolf wasn't very fulfilling in regards to my repressed, feral nature :rolleyes: The world and its residents felt less intertwined than in past games. Other than those points, and a few minor ones unspoken, the game was fun, it was a good legend.

Yeah, really. My only beef with it is that the races don't play a good role, like they did in OoT. Their homes were huge, they talked a lot, but in TP they got a lot smaller, and less important feeling.

That's it. Oh, and the Twilight citizens made awesome noises, but they didn't talk. :fear:

Posted

I don't think Twilight Princess surpasses its predecessors, and it should have with the time they had to make it and the capabilities of the gamecube/wii. it didn't give me that "zelda" feeling. I don't know if anyone else relates, but that's one reason I don't think it matches up to the others. Based on the time it was made and the time they had to make it, it should have had a more fleshed out storyline. Don't get me wrong, the storyline is AMAZING until after the third dungeon, where the game just seems to go from dungeon to dungeon without much plot. Yeah, they threw in a couple of side ventures, but it didn't feel cohesive like Wind Waker did. Ocarina of Time was not very cohesive, but that's forgivable because of when it was made.

Twilight Princess should have surpassed Ocarina of Time and even Wind Waker in all categories, and the only thing it beat Ocarina of Time in was graphics. It matched the amount of dungeons in Ocarina of Time when it should have surpassed it. Wind Waker couldn't match up in amount of dungeons, but the storyline was cohesive all the way through, whereas Twilight Princess seems to lose its luster. Also, I can count the number of side quests on my hands, but Wind Waker was abundant in them. For the amount of dungeons Twilight Princess had, you should have plenty of side quests in between. One thing I liked about Twilight Princess was the unique idea of the wolf. Too bad the times you get to use the wolf are...boring to say it nicely. The storyline wasn't as dark as Majora's Mask, and it had better graphics and a T rating. They also dumbed down the boss fights to make the game more playable for casual gamers. Casual gamers don't need to be playing hardcore games, end of story.

All in all, I think they were trying to please too many groups of people with the game and couldn't make it what it should have been. The casual gamers, the adult link fans, the Ocarina of Time fans, the Majora's Mask fans...They should have just made the game the way they wanted to, like they did with Ocarina of Time, Wind Waker, and Majora's Mask.