Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Stallord

67 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Stallord is theorized to be the skeletal remains of one of Ocarina of Time's Death Mountain bosses, Volvagia or King Dodongo, or Gleeok from the original Legend of Zelda.

Stallord seems to be based on Volvagia for the following reasons:

* They both are (or appear to be) dragons.

* They both have hair.

* They both have horns.

* They both lack wings.

* They can both breathe fire.

* Both Stallord and Volvagia's head is not only their main weakness, but also the last part of their bodies to be beaten.

* Stallord's second phase music is a remix of the Volvagia and King Dodongo fight from Ocarina of Time.

* Both are revived by the games' main villains.

* Both are subterranean 'dragons'.

With all of this potential evidence, it is possible that Stallord is the skeletal remains of Volvagia. However, two facts discredits almost every bit of information here:

* While Stallord is a huge, almost dinosaur-like skeleton, Volvagia is little more than a snake in terms of appearance. The skull of Stallord alone is three times the size of Volvagia's.

* Volvagia's skeleton was disintegrated after its defeat.

With this in mind, Stallord is theorized to be the reanimated corpse of King Dodongo for the following reasons:

* Stallord's second phase music is a remix of the Volvagia and King Dodongo fight from Ocarina of Time.

* They can both breathe fire.

* Only part of King Dodongo's body was destroyed, rather than completely being destroyed.

* Stallord seems to be based more on a dinosaur, than a dragon.

* King Dodongo is approximately the right size to fit Stallord's skeleton.

However...

* King Dodongo is incapable of flight, with or without his body. However, Stallord's skull has the ability to fly. Although considering the power of Zant's sword revived Stallord, it could also have given it the power to fly.

* The horns atop Stallord's head do not match those of King Dodongo.

It might be theroized that King Dodongo might have withered and were eroded into each other.

Stallord might also be the skeletal remains of yet another boss, Gleeok, for the following reasons:

Stallord charging up an energy ball

Stallord charging up an energy ball

* Both Gleeok and Stallord can "live" with their head detatched from their body.

* When Gleeok's head was severed, it flew around and shot fireballs at Link, remarkably similar to Stallord.

* In Oracle of Seasons, Gleeok is found in the Graveyard, a place remarkably similar to Arbiter's Grounds, both of which have Poe.

* Stallord has only one head, while Gleeok usually has at least two but the Gleeok from Minish cap; Gleerok has only one head. Besides, even if Stallord was a two-headed Gleeok when it was alive, maybe only one skull was left intact after it had been slayed. There is also a possebility that the other head could be burried under all the sand in Stallords chamber.

Despite evidence any which way, one important fact remains: the skeleton was found in the Gerudo Desert, not Death Mountain. But perhaps, both King Dodongo and Volvagia were eroded to the Gerudo Desert. Stallord can also summon to his aid Staltroops, to defend his spine, an ability both Volvagia and King Dodongo lack. But then again, it could be the doing of Zant.

Another possible theory is that Stallord was the left over remains of a creature that may have attacked the land of Hyrule at some point in time. The creature may have been captured and imprisoned in Arbiter's Grounds where it was used as a monster to fight with prisoners of the massive dungeon. If it was used to fight with prisoners, this may explain the reason why Staltroop wander throughout the arena.

I think if he's anything, he's Volvagia. What do you think?

For those who don't know who this is, here he is.

Stallordrender.png

Edited by Bathykolpian (see edit history)

Posted

Well, there is the most evidence that he is Volvagia. But both Volvagia and King Dogongo burned up and Volvagia's skeleton exploded. Gleeok also sounds reasonable due to their similar fighting styles. But personaly I think that Nintendo didn't really think about that but if they did I think it would be Volvagia.

Posted

All the bosses burned up though. They just did that to clear up the battlefield. I think that they would have left some kind of skeleton though. But who knows? It could possibly be the remains of a boss in a game not yet released?

Could be. It would be weird if it was though...

Posted

All the bosses burned up though. They just did that to clear up the battlefield. I think that they would have left some kind of skeleton though. But who knows? It could possibly be the remains of a boss in a game not yet released?

Could be. It would be weird if it was though...

Well, that's a good point. If it was the remains of a boss in a new game, that game would have had to take place before TP so that would be strange. It is most probably be a boss from a previous game.

Posted

If not, it could just be a totally new boss. I'm going to look around a bit and see what I can see.

Posted (edited)

I could of sworn I posted here a few minuets ago. Oh well.

I don't think that he is Volvagia because as the thing said, "Volvagia is like a snake."

I've beaten LoZ when I was younger, but I can't remember it that well. Can you find a pic of Gleeok?

Wait I just saw the pic in the first post. Who the heck are we talking about? I thought Stallord was the giant dude in MM who gives you the mask.

Edited by Y. Link Addict (see edit history)

Posted (edited)

No. Stallord is the boss in TP in Arbiter Grounds. You use the spinning thing to kill it by mainly attacking it's spine.

Gleeok_Large.gif

Gleeok (In lots of different games. This is from the Phantom Hourglass version)

volvagia.gif

Volvagia

lores16.gif

King Dodongo (No way)

Edited by Bathykolpian (see edit history)

Posted

I see now. I think that it does look like Volvagia. I don't think it's the Gleeko dude because there's two of him. Unless he has two bodies in PH.

Posted

Gleeok and Volvagia look similiar...hm. I think it's Volvagia, because maybe Zant could've resurrected him with his sword, and

the Twilight could've formed the rest of his body.

___

Off Topic:

Hey what if Gleeok is the dragon that is shown in OoT's Water Temple? It looks similiar, and both are water element.

Posted

Not a chance. Stallord can't be Volvagia or Gleeok, because his body structure is fairly humanoid with a short neck. Volvagia is a serpent and Gleeok has a/two long neck(s). Plus, TP takes place in the "Child Timeline" whereas Volvagia was only revived in the "Adult Timeline". King Dodongo didn't burn up, he just became extra crispy after falling in the lava, but his remains never disintegrated. Still, once again, the body structure is too different--Stallord looks like a biped and Dodongos are quadrupeds.

Posted

I agree that Stallord is none of those. I think the just took a cool looking bosses at threw in a few ideas (Looks, fighting style, etc.) from previous games. Nintendo does that a lot. Like, the floating hands with arrow weaknesses, and Gohma's several reincarnations. (OOT Gohma from the Deku Tree, Armogohma in TP, heck, even the big fiery claw dude who like Valoo's tail)

Posted (edited)

I see now. I think that it does look like Volvagia. I don't think it's the Gleeko dude because there's two of him. Unless he has two bodies in PH.

I don't even think you read the quote.

Also, I think they just made him a boss because they needed a boss for this dungeon, which makes sense, because what would a dungeon be without a boss? Not a dungeon. So they were like, "Hey, this dungeon has a lot of skeletons and poes and dead stuff in it, so why don't we make the boss the same which is dead and maybe make him a little unique."

Makes sense.

I got an idea because I'm cool like you guys.

IT'S CAPTAIN KEETA BUT THE TWILIGHT ZANT CHANGED HIM, TRUST ME, MAKES PERFECT SENSE. BOTH CHILD TIMELINE WHATEVER THAT IS LOL MAKES MORE SENSE. THEY'RE BOTH SKELETONS. MUST BE TRUE!

Edited by Fierce Muffin (see edit history)

Posted

They do hinda look alike.

Posted

I don't even think you read the quote.

Also, I think they just made him a boss because they needed a boss for this dungeon, which makes sense, because what would a dungeon be without a boss? Not a dungeon. So they were like, "Hey, this dungeon has a lot of skeletons and poes and dead stuff in it, so why don't we make the boss the same which is dead and maybe make him a little unique."

Makes sense.

I got an idea because I'm cool like you guys.

IT'S CAPTAIN KEETA BUT THE TWILIGHT ZANT CHANGED HIM, TRUST ME, MAKES PERFECT SENSE. BOTH CHILD TIMELINE WHATEVER THAT IS LOL MAKES MORE SENSE. THEY'RE BOTH SKELETONS. MUST BE TRUE!

Captain Keeta. That's who I thinking this topic was about, and I was thinking he did look like him, but I was confused on who we were taking about.

Hold on a minuet I'm confused. How is TP in the child timeline if he looks as if he's 17 like adult Link?

Posted

You should read some books and then come back to this thread.