Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Star fox

24 posts in this topic

Posted

it's been 4 years since fox's most recent game. will we ever see him on wii?(Besides VC)

Posted

Star Fox Wii

The Nintendo game designer Shigeru Miyamoto has shown interest in creating a Star Fox game for the Wii console in the future. As of now, however, no plot has been announced. Miyamoto has suggested the Wii Remote would work really well for controlling an Arwing, while series designer Takaya Imamura has also said he has some ideas for a sequel.

There's hope yet. ;)

Posted

I'VE BEEN WAITING SO LONG FOR THIS MOMENT!

P.S Assault did NOT suck!

Posted

Another Star Fox game would be great at this time. SF Adventures was a great game, though I couldn't buy it, it is my favorite so far.

Posted

I never played Star Fox, it sounds awesome. More proper games for the Wii would be nice. :)

Also, long time no see =Zoe=.

Posted

I never played Star Fox, it sounds awesome. More proper games for the Wii would be nice. :)

Also, long time no see =Zoe=.

YEah, more games for the Wii!

Yeah, it's been a while since I was online... I don't recall your name, did you change it?

Posted

Yes, i did infact :) I was Daedric Lord before.

What's the backstory for Star Fox? Is it like the Zelda series with a basic storyline, or does each game have a different basic storyline?

Posted

Yes, i did infact :) I was Daedric Lord before.

What's the backstory for Star Fox? Is it like the Zelda series with a basic storyline, or does each game have a different basic storyline?

Oh! Daedric Lord! How've you been?

Well, I started playing with Star Fox 64, so I' not sure if there's any backgrounf of this but as far as I know:

Fox McCloud is the leader of a mercenary group called Star Fox, his father used to be the leader before him but was killed by Andross (the Ganondof of these series). After Fox destroy Andross in Star Fox 64, he travels until he has a mission in this planet I cannot remember its name, full of dinosaurs, after saving the day, Krystal, a female fox joins the team and in Star Fox Assault the team has to destroy the Apparoids, some sort of biomachines that are destroying everything in their way. That's how the story goes, it's been linear.

Still, I think there was a game before SF 64, but I'm not so sure.

Posted (edited)

While Assault itself did not suck, the special effects in it did. I think this new Wii game needs to have more rail levels, like 64.

And =Zoe=, there was a game on the SNES. Star Fox 64 was a remake/sequel to that game. (Kind of like Metroid: Zero Mission to the original Metroid)

Edited by Aethix (see edit history)

Posted

I really need a new Starfox. Adventures was good the first time through, but after that it gets pretty boring and stupid :(

Assault is good when you have people to play it with you. The Main Story line is boring after the first couple times though.

Never played the DS one... But it sounds pretty cool.

64 is the best, it's hard, arcadish, and original :o

Though I can never get past the STUPID FIRE LEVEL. OH MY GOD. THE EVIL PRAYING MANTIS OF HELL KILLS ME EVERY TIME.

'deep breathing'

Yeah, a new Star Fox would rock.

Posted

And =Zoe=, there was a game on the SNES. Star Fox 64 was a remake/sequel to that game. (Kind of like Metroid: Zero Mission to the original Metroid)

Oh, thanks! It's good to know that!

What's the story in the Star Fox for DS? I haven't played it yet

Posted

Oh, thanks! It's good to know that!

What's the story in the Star Fox for DS? I haven't played it yet

I have no idea XD

Posted

Oh! Daedric Lord! How've you been?

Well, I started playing with Star Fox 64, so I' not sure if there's any backgrounf of this but as far as I know:

Fox McCloud is the leader of a mercenary group called Star Fox, his father used to be the leader before him but was killed by Andross (the Ganondof of these series). After Fox destroy Andross in Star Fox 64, he travels until he has a mission in this planet I cannot remember its name, full of dinosaurs, after saving the day, Krystal, a female fox joins the team and in Star Fox Assault the team has to destroy the Apparoids, some sort of biomachines that are destroying everything in their way. That's how the story goes, it's been linear.

Still, I think there was a game before SF 64, but I'm not so sure.

I've been alright, ups and downs and such.

And oh, that sounds pretty cool. I might have to play it sometime. :) But yeah, they should make more for the Wii, it seems they're just selling themselves off to publishers where you can just get games on every console, kinda defeats the whole image i had for Nintendo.

Posted

I've been alright, ups and downs and such.

And oh, that sounds pretty cool. I might have to play it sometime. :) But yeah, they should make more for the Wii, it seems they're just selling themselves off to publishers where you can just get games on every console, kinda defeats the whole image i had for Nintendo.

I believe you can buy Star For 64 in the Wii Shop. If you have a Wii and can afford it, there you go!

I would lent you my game but... it would be a little bit too complicated

Posted (edited)

Nintendo's wayward space opera has some serious kinks to work out. They could make the story a bit more mature and less oh no come back to me sexy, blue anthropomorphic fox girl!, which is what they did for about six of the endings in Command. Next, they should up the difficulty, the first (just Star Fox) was like an early simulation. Then, they can introduce the characters they ditched in earlier games, by giving them character and history. Finaly, they will need to add an online function to spearhead Nintendo's competative online gaming. They can do this by adding the ability to create custom mercenary squads with others, and dog fight online over a few challenges ranging from protect the base(ctf), destroy the mothership, and good ol fashioned dog fights. I imagine the single player to be a simulation having great orchestral music, a plot (nothing great), character, and lots of customizablity. This would all be done inside an Arwing!

I do want Fox to remain shallow compared to the others around him; I like the ye olde games when main characters were sprites we project our own personalities on. I'm not saying I don't like well developed heroes, its just that Star Fox is one of Nintendo's older games, and I'd like to see a little of that preserved.

Its a thousand points to purchase it, I've got that and F-Zero X. Good stuff.

Edited by Sheogorath (see edit history)