Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Twilight is a VIRUS.

104 posts in this topic

Posted

At one point last year, I had a positive outlook on the book. It seemed to be a good book, as many female friends had told me. The movie just completely reversed my opinion.

I was annoyed with it last year. The girl kept talking about it English. We wrote sentences in the morning, and she put down things like this.

"Although Edward was a vampire, Bella loved him very much," and "Even though Edward is over 100 years old, he is still really hot." I swear my head was going to blow up. The movie is not helping one bit.

Posted

Today my girlfriend was looking for "Breaking Dawn", the last of the Twilight book saga, at Walmart where we were doing a car wash for a school club. It seemed the book was sold out. I asked her why she is obsessed with it, and if it is really that good. She just responded, "You know, you could actually learn something from these books." I have a feeling that was an insult... :mellow:

I'm not sure it was an insult.

Some friends I have are in this fanclub and they all think that Edward is the perfect man in the world. Something quite stupid because A) he's not uhman, he's a vampire and B) he doesn't exist.

But, well, my friends are always saying that guys could learn about how to behave with women from this books, if you see Edward as an example.

Again, I liked the first two books but thinking ike that is over reacting. The Anti-Twilight stuff is a little bit too much too... but oh well, everyone has the right to do whatever they want to.

Posted

@True Gamer, yeah.

That probably was an insult. Probably because you insulted her holy bible of books.

Posted

The first rule of staing alive during Twilight is don't insult Twilight in front of people who like it. You might get killed, or hurt.

Posted

Today my girlfriend was looking for "Breaking Dawn", the last of the Twilight book saga, at Walmart where we were doing a car wash for a school club. It seemed the book was sold out. I asked her why she is obsessed with it, and if it is really that good. She just responded, "You know, you could actually learn something from these books." I have a feeling that was an insult... :mellow:

This is why women shouldn't be allowed to read books. Be a man and forbid her from reading them. She's getting these ideas of "the perfect guy." Don't let her undermine your authority.

In all seriousness, though, you shouldn't take that too hard at all... It was actually a really doggiepooy thing to say. I'm not sure exactly what she was implying by saying that, but I bet none of it held any truth or importance, etc.

Posted

This is why women shouldn't be allowed to read books. Be a man and forbid her from reading them. She's getting these ideas of "the perfect guy." Don't let her undermine your authority.

And that's what I mean with "over reacting". Don't you think that's a little too in the edge of things?

Posted

And that's what I mean with "over reacting". Don't you think that's a little too in the edge of things?

Someone didn't read the rest of that post.

Posted

Please.

Posted

Someone didn't read the rest of that post.

I did, but it doesn't change the part of "why women shouldn't read books" or "Be a man and forbid her to read them"

Posted

I did, but it doesn't change the part of "why women shouldn't read books" or "Be a man and forbid her to read them"

I thought it was funny.

Jesus. Women have no sense of humor these days.

Except the girl who laughed at the "I have the pussy, I make the rules -> I have the pussy, I make the food" shirt shoop.

She has a sense of humor.

Posted

The book isn't bad,but the movie just sucks.I'm not that much into it,though.It's just a book,and nothing to rave about constantly.

I think there is a cure for the virus,though,and that's just growing out of it.The Twilight craze is starting to die out.

I love reading stuff were people make fun of it,though.It's hilarious,and I do agree that the vampire concept sucks.

...Vampires wear glitter.Who would have guessed...

Next thing we see will be vampires prancing around with fairies and waving wands around.And I don't mean Zelda fairies.I mean child fairy-tale fairies.

Posted (edited)

The book isn't bad,but the movie just sucks.I'm not that much into it,though.It's just a book,and nothing to rave about constantly.

I think there is a cure for the virus,though,and that's just growing out of it.The Twilight craze is starting to die out.

I love reading stuff were people make fun of it,though.It's hilarious,and I do agree that the vampire concept sucks.

...Vampires wear glitter.Who would have guessed...

Next thing we see will be vampires prancing around with fairies and waving wands around.And I don't mean Zelda fairies.I mean child fairy-tale fairies.

Please, for the sake of god, two spaces after a period, one space after a comma. It really helps readability.

Edited by Django (see edit history)

Posted

Alright. It's just a bit odd to me, seeing as how I never had any problem reading it.

Anyway, if you like Twilight, good for you. Don't constantly rave about it. If you don't like Twilight, good for you. Keep up the good jokes.

AND FOR GOD'S SAKE, don't rave about the movie. No. Just, no.

Posted

That's much more readable, thanks.

Posted

That's much more readable, thanks.

No problem, but it's going to be a hard habit to break.