What games are you playing currently?

1908 posts in this topic

Posted

For those that care, there is a big fighting game sale on PSN. I bought soul calibur 5 and mortal combat 9

Posted

I just got Skyrim and Dead Space is installing. I'm running out of games to play so I just picked up whatever.

The first thing I did in Skyrim was turn God Mode on and wreck everything, and it was at that moment that I remembered that Skyrim has the most horrid and atrocious combat I have ever seen in a game in my entire life. It is so puppying slow and clunky and bad and it doesn't feel good at all. I originally just got the game to mod it but now I'm not even sure if it's worth it.

I'm getting Dead Space because I want to play a horror game that isn't some shitty indie schlock like Slender or Fnarf or some other degenerate Let's Play bait.

I'm also going to get Sonic Generations because I adore that game whole-heartedly.

T1g likes this

Posted

MH4U with t1g hella

T1g likes this

Posted

Just finished VLR. Got the Sigma, Luna, and Phi endings, and beat the game. In one sitting. I might have got a bit too enthusiastic there, because now I feel like I've been overloaded. So much information. The writers have such a hardon for their carefully crafted plot that it feels like pacing was an afterthought when it came to the finale. Or maybe I shouldnt have played it 6 hours straight until 2am. This required an awake mind, and so many revelations in so little time is hard to take in.

T1g likes this

Posted

Nah like this author is pretty well known for doing this kind of thing. Lots of crazy shit happens towards the finale, which is based off of all the little breadcrumbs that are scattered throughout the various routes of the story. Go check out Ever17 if you are interested in something else he worked on

Teto likes this

Posted

My Duck Game Game is unbeatable

3sHshIE.jpg

3lMlwdm.jpg

Posted (edited)

I beat Ace Attorney 5, Professor Layton & the Curous Village and Professor Layton & the Diabolical Box recently.

I'm playing Professor Layton & the Unwound Future right now. Just doing the first Layton trilogy for the time being so I have enough Layton knowledge to play Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney, but I'm enjoying them a lot and I think I might start on the second trilogy sometime after I beat that.

Going to be all caught up with the Ace Attorney series after I beat PLvPW, I really hope Dai Gyakuten Saiban is announced for localization at some point.

Edited by Double45 (see edit history)
T1g likes this

Posted

Professor Layton versus Phoenix Wright is fine, but the problem is that its TOO DAMN EASY. Like there isn't mucch thinking to be done in either the trials or the puzzles

Posted

I am playing the demo for Etrian Odyssey Untold II: The Fafnir Knight on the Nintendo 3DS.

The feeling I get from this demo is the same feeling I get from every Etrian Odyssey demo: This is an hour long demo and it's still already 10000x better than the previous game. With every new installment, there is always nothing but improvements to what the Etrian Odyssey series has already brought. In this remake of Etrian Odyssey II, there are changes to:

-The gameplay speed. You can adjust the settings to that battles move at an incredibly fast pace, even faster than the previous Etrian Odyssey Untold.

-A much smoother ui that has a very autumnal colour palette, using many varying shades of orange and green.

-Improved storytelling elements. In the last Etrian Odyssey Untold, most of the story was told through simple dialogue boxes, and that was basically it and the occasional poorly animated cutscene. In this game, instead of cutscenes, there is instead really good looking art to reflect the situation.

-An enormous and incredibly complex skill tree for every class. Each class has its own skill tree that gives players many new ways to customize and strengthen their units. The skill trees in this game are far more in depth this time around.

So farEtrian Odyssey Untold II: The Fafnir Knight Demo Version is probably the best Etrian Odyssey game I've played so far. If you enjoy dungeon crawling and cartography, I'd highly recommend downloading the demo as soon as possible, because the full game releases in about a week or so.

Posted

Releasing demos in advance of the actual product? That's either a very good or very bad choice. They'd have to have faith in their game to get away with that.

Posted

Well, all the Etrian Odyssey games are good so I guess it's fair to have faith in your game.

Posted (edited)

I thought I was nearing the end of Persona 4 and maybe had one more dungeon left after the one I'm at. And then I saw a formula for fusing a Persona twice my level, and you can only fuse persona's of your own level and lower, so that worried me a bit. Then I looked up some average play times to beating the main story. Yeah, I have a lot left to go.... somehow. The true Demon's Souls hasn't even begun I'm sure.

Meanwhile, I've started up a game of Dragon Age Origins and it's going splendidly. I'm a huge sucker for BioWare's characters and world-building, and the KOTOR-style combat works well most of the time. I do however feel dumb for starting a second super long RPG now that I know I'm not actually close to the end of P4. I'm not used to games taking this long.

Edited by Agent Zako (see edit history)

Posted

i swear to god this hurts to look at but im being forced to play ;-;

hyperdimension_neptunia_by_dogstreetxero

Posted

Yeah I know of that series because of a disgaea 4 cameo but idk if it's any good. It's in the humble bundle currently though

Posted

It's absolute disgusting anime fanservice squealy pink haired anime girl desu neko chan san garbage.

T1g and Knuckle like this