The Legend of Zelda: Door to Darkness

346 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

This RP has NOTHING to do with "The Legend of Zelda: The Dark Race / Betrayal".

This story takes place in the time that Twilight had begun to take over Hyrule, but Link, having been killed by Ganon's forces a substantial time in the past, has not been reincarnated, and the land is in peril...

Several heroes rise up from the four provinces to take back the land that was once theirs, and rid Hyrule of Zant's evil.

Template:

Name:

Race:

Province:

History:

I'll post mine in a few minutes, I have to have breakfast...

Name: Tor

Race: Hylian

Province: Desert

History: After Bulblins destroyed his home near the sacred Arbiter's Grounds and killed his family, Tor knew he would get his revenge on day. Biding his time, he hid in the Arbiter's Grounds and waited. He lived off whatever he could find. Rats, bats, the occasional spider... Water was especially hard to find. Tor hadn't left for months, terrified of what he would find when he left the jail.

adkl;jaslkfhl somebody else can start; otherwise I'll post my bit later.

Edited by Taco_Ninja (see edit history)

Posted

Yay! I've tried signing up for other RP's, but it seems only The Legend of Zelda can hold my attention. :) And we can interact with characters from the game, too. That should be fun, though events would be different seeing as there's no Link. (Such as Ilia being captured, Prince Ralis being taken to Kakariko, etc..)

But, I wonder, how is the spreading Twilight going to be dispelled...? And, at the very moment this RP is starting, what parts of Hyrule are under Twilight...?

Name: Sanshi

Race: Hylian

Province: Eldin (Castle Town)

History: A stable-hand, working and living in Castle Town. Did not want to be a scholar like her older brother, Shad, but wanted someday to become a knight of Hyrule. But, being a woman, she isn't allowed.

Posted

Name: Oliver

Race:Hylian

Province: Eldin

History: Oliver wanted to be a swordsman all his life, he trained night and day and when he was of age he applied for the Knights of Hyrule, he got turned down as he wasn't of sufficeint skill, Now he just hangs out in Telma's bar, waiting for an adventure to appear.

Posted

But, I wonder, how is the spreading Twilight going to be dispelled...? And, at the very moment this RP is starting, what parts of Hyrule are under Twilight...?

I suppose at the moment it's only the Gerudo Desert, Lanayru (Except for Hyrule Castle [Town]) and Snowpeak that are under Twilight. And the end of the Twilight'll probably be just like Link did it: Kill Zant.

Posted (edited)

[(This is like, my first RP.. Hope I do it alright.. >_<)]

Name: Epsil

Race: Skull Kid?~

Province: Unknown ~

History: Read below.

"The people of Hyrule have prayed, they have prayed for justice, they have prayed for mercy, they have prayed for an end to the twilight, they've prayed for a new light. A hope reborn. They pray for Link.

The power of their prayers echoes through the very essence of reality, denying the laws of creation and destruction, of control and chaos. This power is the part of the core of the Triforce. Farore, Nayru, Din. Through them, the power of Hyrule forces the hand of fate, beings from other worlds appear in unnatural ways around the world..

In the hustle of Hyrule Town Market, a boy skips aimlessly through the crowds humming a strange tune said to bring storms.. Heads turn occasionally, for the boys garb is ragged and strange, his age (appearing to be 15) is a strange one for him to be skipping and humming, but most of all they turn to see that which he wears on his face..

The few onlookers startle as the boy stops completely, his eerie tune cutting off suddenly. His head is hung low and his upper body seems to shake slightly. As more hyrulians turn to see what their fellows are observing, the boys shaking seems to becomes stronger, and stronger. A silence falls upon the onlookers, as while they watch they feel as if there is something inside of them, a sinister hand, gripping their hearts. In the silence they can hear the boy, he's laughing.

Yet to them, laughing is too fond a word, the noise has but the sound of a laugh. Its sends not warmth but a chill through the listeners spines. Even the deaf carpenter is somehow 'listening' to this sound. The sound grows louder, its power stronger. Soon it is echoing through the square, and in the towns strange silence, it is heard across the land.

..And then it stops and the singing begins. The boys voice is so pure, so strong, yet the sound is filled with misery.. He sings the song which he had been humming... The Song of Storms.

'Let you stop,

Let you hear,

Let you hear my melody...

Soa-ring through my voice,

Bea-ting with your heart,

Let you feel,

Feel this pain,

Tear-ing through your very soul,

Let yo-ou hear.. my song.'

As he sung the boy began to swirl around in strange erratic movements, it was as if his song had possesed him, and through him it was alive.

..Rain began to fall.

'Let you fear,

Let you cry,

Let you feel such suffering,

Soar-ing through my voice,

Bea-ting with, your heart.'

The boys voice grew louder and his strange dance grew more passionate, his feet beat the ground as if to shatter it and he leapt as if to tear at the darkening skies...

'Let you twist,

Let you turn,

Let you scream and feel the burn,

The burning of the storm,

The burning of the storm'

Thunder roared through the silence.

And he stopped, his hands hanging loosely at his sides and his masked face upturned.

Though his face was hidden, the people felt him smile.. his sinister laugh resounded through the town for what seemed to be an age...

And then, as with so many of his actions, he suddenly stopped and returned to skipping and humming his song. The crowd parted as he skipped back out towards the gates.

None of the hyrulians forgot that day, the day they had seen a boy with a mask pulled from legend.

Majora's mask."

"Zant smiled a slight, almost jolly smile.

Zant felt the land revolting against him, not just its people, but it was as if Hyrule had a presence of its own and it was attempting to sheild its people at all costs. This must be the strange power of the 'triforce' he had heard of. But long gone goddesses were no match for the spread of twilight.

However there was one problem. It seemed that this land had a hero, and though he was long dead his title as "hero of time' had been earnt by his repeated reincarnation. As he thought of this, he felt the everflowing power of darkness twist within him. As if it were angry. His powers should not have emotions he thought, pondering why his new powers acted so. But the thought was soon cast aside as he returned to his thoughts of the triforce.

The Triforce was surely the reason for the heros reincarnation, it was also said that in times of the heroes need, another would rise beside him to give him wisdom and guide his sword. The legends also spoke of the recurring evil, the embodiment of the triforce. He considered the events occuring within the conquered land.

Beings were appearing in strange conditions, beings of legends, beings which should be dead and forgotten.. Many had been killed, but others still lived. Volvagia, a firey dragon had killed much of his army, before retreating into a firey mountain.

A spider queen he believed had been known as Gohma still plagued his captured lands, spreading its children and infesting the forests.

There was said to be a Titan Jungle Warrior who might be Odolwa from the legends. It was said he lead raids with lizard warriors against his twilight beasts.

However it was because of this that Zant knew something. He knew that the land had defied the laws almost completely, it had opened itself to chaos in an attempt to revive its lost hero.

But it was this which made Zant smile. The land had used its last trick and the hero had not appeared, the blade of evils bane would not meet his army.

The Hero of Time was not going to stop him."

[Wewt, hope thats okai?]

EDIT

-Eek, I guess thats not really a RP Start but it is the character story, and it COULD be used as the Rp.. start thing.. sorry if its not right ._.-

EDIT#2

-DOuble Eeek, Small attempt at making it related to the storyline and therefore continuable.

(Edit: the song of storms ->http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=43IPAGw01IY I didn't make the lyrics go on for as long as the whole song.. cause its looped and im not creative enough for that ?)

Edited by Skull_Kid (see edit history)

Posted

That was AWESOME! When I was reading the lyrics to the Song of Storms, I actually got a chill. And I'm definitely sticking to the story you just wrote; Bringing monsters back from the old games seems like an awesome idea.

Tor paced back and forth in the cold central room of the Arbiter's Grounds. The blue flames of the four torches cast an eerie glow across the hard walls. Tor was trying to think of something, something that would help him get revenge on the Bulblin Army. There was nothing in the Grounds that he had heard of that could help him; Only far-fetched myths about spirits and dark portals. Maybe... Maybe somebody in Hyrule can help me! Tor thought. But how could I get there...? That damned fortress that the Bulblins've set up... I need a weapon. He raced to the door at the southern side of the room and slid the stone door to one side. The space beyond was originally a battleground, judging by the weapons and skeletal corpses strewn across the floor. At least, the parts of the floor that hadn't collapsed into the pits of sand. Tor walked to the nearest pile of bones and reached down to pick up its sword and circular shield. The tools of war wouldn't come loose. The skeleton had an iron grip on them. Tor began kicking its arms, but it was like the corpse was going to hold on no matter what. Then something happened that made Tor yell in astonishment and horror. The skeleton's eyeholes began glowing red, and as they did, it stood up and let out a piercing screech.

Posted (edited)

Just a short addition this time I guess, thanks for the support, this is fun! Just like a new Zelda game 8D

"The two mounted moblins lowered their spears towards the masked boy but he deftly spun around them and attempted to continue towards the other side of the bridge. The moblins rammed their spears into the ground in front of him creating an 'X' shaped fence against the boys advances. The boy noticed one of the spears decorated with the skeletal body of a small child and leaned forwards curiously to examine it.

He giggled.

One of the moblins boar mounts snorted, as if nervous and tried to turn away from the masked boy. Its rider pulled it back so its tusks were facing the boy once more. The other rider spoke, in a strange accent which was hard to distinguish due to both his muffled voice and interrupting snorts.

"It's dangerous for you to be playing -snort- on such a narrow bridge, you might -snort- fall." The other rider chuckled heavily and both moved their mounts closer towards the boy.

The boy giggled, stretched both of his hands out to pet both the creatures noses. "You never know -snort- on these bridges, I hear people get -snort- knocked off," The rider continued.

The two giant boars snuffled and sniffed as the boy patted their large circular nostrils.

The boy sniffed and snufled back, immitating the creatures. Before collaspsing on his back and rolling on the ground shaking with laughter. The riders glanced at eachother and chuckled in deep and heavy tones. The moved their mounts forwards until the laughing boy was between them.

"Your mother musn't love you at all if she lets you play out here," The moblin said in a raspy whisper.

The boy stopped laughing and turned his head upwards, looking at the two riders. They hefted their spears.

The boy giggled and immitated the snuffling and sniffing noises again. The two boars eyes rolled backwards and they squeeled loudly and shook their heads. The two beasts began to squeal louded and louder, while bucking and rising upon their hind legs wildly. One of them reared up and kicked the other. Losing its balance, the other giant boar twisted and toppled off the edge of the bridge, taking its rider with it. The one who had kicked it squealed louder and rose up, facing the other side. The rider upon its back finally lost his grip, unable to hang on with his heavy plate armor weighing him down and so he fell, the boy watched him fade into the mist of the lake below. The remaining beasts' squeals slowly calmed and its pupils faced forwards again, though wide with fear.

The boy giggled quietly, covering his masked mouth. Then he stroked the boar gently.

"It's dangerous to play on such a narrow bridge...""

Posted (edited)

XD

That last part made me laugh.

Tor stared in shock at the skeletal creature. The silence was broken only by the slow shifting of the sand below them. For what seemed like an eternity, neither of them moved. Then, all at once, Tor began running as the monster let out a piercing screech. At the same time, several other corpses around the room began to re-build themselves into more "skeleton-warriors". Tor, not looking back, continued south, jumping across the safe platforms and ducking as Sand Worms jumped out of the sand. He continued through the massive entrance, and found himself, for the first time in months, in the hot, sunny plains of the Gerudo Desert.

"What's happened here...?" Tor wondered as he looked around. The place where his village had once been was now unrecognizable. The once proud pillars and towers of the Arbiter's Grounds were now lain about in ruins. Tor though, shaken as he was by this bad turn of events, remembered to scout out the area before attempting an escape. A cluster of tents stood among the ruins, most likely housing a group of Bulblins. More Bulblins carried out their daily chores; Repairing weapons and garments; Building obstacles to hinder any intruders; Practising archery and other forms of combat. Most of them carried a bow and a large club, with the occasional unarmed soldier. A boar turned on a spit within the camp. A few live boars stood tied to posts, with a full set of tack on each. Apparently the Bulblins used them as battlehorses. Tor took extra note of these; They could come in handy.

Now for an escape route...

Edited by Taco_Ninja (see edit history)

Posted

Name: Alex "Nyfer the Second" Arbiter

Race: Twili/hylian hybrid

Province: Snowpeak

History: Year have past I still have my purpose in this

realm being the deity of this realm was enough but

what I went through was blasphemy. Towards my ongoing

campaign to rid the Twilight Realm of evil it lurk with in even my soul.

being the second of one is hard to in brace, but it has its rewards

towards me. Having to be the second last of kind is hard, but when

my leader died he a signed me to play out his role it was very hard

so I abandon it leaving it to another one. One thing I with never forget

is my leader Nyfer I was dubbed the second of his kind. Like him I was

born a hybrid, with a legacy to live up to. Then again I'm the

Twilight Deity. With an arm and part of my face infuse with the twilight that is instilled

with my bloodline feel as if I have crushed bones within my arm the pain gets to me

far too many times. My name is Alex, this is my story!

Posted (edited)

Epsil spoke softly to the boar as they rode into the Faron Woods..

"You know, I used to live in woods like these..." he let his hands trail along a tree branch as he walked past. "I lived by myself... for a while."

The boar stopped to snuffle at the ground before continuing on its slow, careful pace.

"Then I found a mask, abandonned like me, in pain like me.." The masked boys voice lost is purity and seemed to crack, and his voice became a hoarse, whisper.

"This mask.. It makes me feel.." he stood up on top of the boars saddle. "So.. so.. POWERFUL!" he roared as he leapt into the air before landing hard on the ground near the boar. The boar did not startle, for the boar did not know it was unusual for a creature to jump higher than the tree tops. The boy was whispering loudly again as he paced around the clearing.

"Sometimes it whispers to me.. It helps me.. This mask, it's my one. true. friend," He emphasised his last words by striking his palm against a tree, with each blow its bark withered and rotted more. In a whirl of his ragged garb he spun around to face the boar, he tilted his head to the side and his voice was pure again.. "When I smile," his hand ran gently along the back of the boar, "it smiles." The boar didn't notice its hairs dying and falling as his hand brushed over them..

He rested his hand upon its head. It hadn't noticed anything, not even the grass black and ashen against his strangely curled boots.

"It's angry when I'm angry..." The boar snuffled nervously, "It hurts, when I hurt..." The boar tried to pull its head away but the boy laughed and gripped it, and suddenly the dancing sparks of fear in its eyes faded. The boys words where a soft whisper again as the boar collapsed into the ground, "It kills.. when I kill..."

The boy started laughing again... "and then, when I laugh..."

He heard it in his head, the soft hissing sound which reminded him of bark being ripped from trees.

.."It laughs too.."

EDIT: Basically, I'm bored, it's against the rules to double post, so this one is getting bigger.

"Epsil kept walking purposefully towards his goal, the mask told him there was power there yet did not explain what. Suddenly the trees dissapeared and he stood before a broken temple, behind its white rock arch there was a slight platform, and upon it a-

Epsil leapt into the air just in time to avoid being cut in two buy a massive curved sword.

The mask spoke to Epsil..

~The same force that brought me back brought another ancient creature.. Hmmph, but it is not nearly as strong as us.~

The huge jungle warrior whirled around, the bright colours of his battle paints and his sheild melding for a moment in the air. His sword blurred towards Epsil..

..and slammed against his outstretched hand. Or rather the breadth of a finger away from it, the invisible barrier shimmered. Where it had been stopped, the blade had begun to rust.

The masked child looked up at Odolwa and in that moment he sensed not one but two sets of eyes peircing him. He lowered his sword and beat his sheild arm against his chest with a grunt.

"Urgh," and with that, the Jungle Warrior leapt onto a tree and then into the depths of the forest.

~I knew that being, a creature who knew whom was stronger than him.~

Epsil giggled and skipped into the crumbling ruins and onto the platform, strangely this part had not crumbled nor decayed. Neither did it decay under the pressure of his aura. Under his mask he frowned and strode forward to what lay embedded in a pedastal placed in the very centre of the platform.

~The Master sword...~

Epsil reached forwards to touch its blue crossguard. But as the tip of his finger touched it he was thrown far across the room against one of the crumbling pillars. He wasn't laughing any longer...

~I suppose it's not called the Blade of Evils Bane because it makes sweetbread?~ The mask giggled in his head. Epsil leapt off the pillar and landed next to it again. He felt the masks aura fill his hand and he reached for the sword. It did not repel him this time, he moved to pull it from the stone.

~No, leave it, we shall simply take some of its power.~

Epsils hand gripped tighter as he felt the blade seem to... tense beneath it. And then it released its power, Epsil felt the bones in his hand break and parts of his forearm, his scream tore into the forest. The masks power rejoined the bones beneath it and healed them. Then they were broken again. Then healed.

Epsil felt tears streaming down beneath his mask. But he could not let go... The mask was his only friend, his best friend, and his best friend needed this. So he held on. His hand broke again and was healed. It broke again and was healed. It broke again and was healed.

..And then the pressure was gone.

Epsil giggled again and then noticed something about the sword. When he had first seen it there had been three triangles etched toghether near the hilt of the blade. Now the space between where they had been had been filled in, and the other lines were gone.

~Ironic, that the power of the Blade of Evils Bane is the thing which starts my journey towards my original power... The power of the fourth. Even the triforce will quiver in fear against my power..~

..Epsil laughed..

..So did Majora."

EDIT: changed it to 'starts my journey towards my original power' seeing as my history outlines Majora as the 4th god (4th peice), and full power is a bit extreme.

Posted

OOC: Sorry for the double post. But, the last one is kinda big and now is.. slightly old, so some people might miss this.

Seeing as its an RP not a Fan-Fic... The characters have to meet somewhere.. right?... Or should we be waiting for more rp'ers... I'll probably start rp'ing elsewhere as well. XD. Don't want to completely drown this whole story in my (less than great) writing.

Posted

Name: Alex "Nyfer the Second" Arbiter

Race: Twili/hylian hybrid

Province: Snowpeak

History: Year have past I still have my purpose in this

realm being the deity of this realm was enough but

what I went through was blasphemy. Towards my ongoing

campaign to rid the Twilight Realm of evil it lurk with in even my soul.

being the second of one is hard to in brace, but it has its rewards

towards me. Having to be the second last of kind is hard, but when

my leader died he a signed me to play out his role it was very hard

so I abandon it leaving it to another one. One thing I with never forget

is my leader Nyfer I was dubbed the second of his kind. Like him I was

born a hybrid, with a legacy to live up to. Then again I'm the

Twilight Deity. With an arm and part of my face infuse with the twilight that is instilled

with my bloodline feel as if I have crushed bones within my arm the pain gets to me

far too many times. My name is Alex, this is my story!

Third-Person please...

Oh, and yeah, if you're in Snowpeak, you can't exactly go to the Twilight Realm yet... Unless your Twilight Deity can travel between realms at will. Seeing as this RP follows TP's storyline and all...

Also, @Skullkid, yeah, the characters do have to meet up somewhere, a few more people joining would be great, but I've never had an RP more successful than about a page.

"Augh, why does this always happen to me?!" Tor yelled. The mass of Bulblins behind him screeched and bellowed in a bloodthirsty tone. "I can't believe this!" Tor's predicament had gone from bad, to worse, just because of the turn of events not long before.

The Bulblins' camp was very tactically placed. They had an excellent view of the desert plains, and so any attackers would be picked off by the Bulblin Archers. And seeing as nobody except Tor dared to venture into the Arbiter's Grounds, there was nothing to worry about from that side. Tor ducked behind a broken wall. The bars of the cell window were still in place, providing the perfect cover for the time being. Several Bulblins passed in and out of Tor's sight, unwary of the intruder only several feet away. Tor looked to the right. A Bulblin was walking around the corner. He knew he had to do something, or else the Bulblin would raise the alarm. He snuck up behind the Bulblin, and kicked it in its side. The breath was driven from its body and it fell to the ground, unconscious. Tor took its bow and quiver, then tested the draw strength. It had barely enough power for a close-range shot. "Yep, trust these Bulblins to use toys..." he muttered. Then he tested one of the arrows againts the string and pulled it back to the maximum draw. "I guess this will have to do for now..." Then his hand slipped from the string, and the deadly arrow flew from the bow with a twang. It whistled through the air, and buried itself in a Bulblin's stomach. The Bulblin fell to the ground, groaning, as every other one raised the alarm and gave chase.

A couple of arrows whizzed past Tor's head. He turned and hit the ground running. "Good thing they have terrible aim..." he muttered. One of the Bulblins, though, had had the commonsense to take one of the boars they had on hand. It was much faster than Tor could run, and Tor knew he'd be captured, or worse, killed, if he was caught. A nearby rock provided the cover he needed to turn his situation around. The boar, knowing only to trample enemies, smashed into the rock and threw its rider off. The Bulblins, having shorter legs that Tor, eventually gave up the chase due to exhaustion and the inability to run fast enough. Tor sat down, took a quick breather in the hot sun, then began to make his way through the desert. "Next stop, Lake Hylia..." The thought of water made him choke on his dry tongue. "Water..."

Even Tor's supernatural endurance was no match for the Gerudo sun. Eventually, he collapsed on the burning sand. Dehydration and exhaustion had apparently gotten the better of his mind, for he emmited laughs that were touched with hysteria. "Hah! Armbiter's Grounds! Hee hee hoo! I made a joke..." He sighed and breathed in a mouthful of sand, then spluttered and choked to get rid of it. The rough grit was still lining his mouth, but Tor didn't care anymore. Then... He shuddered and coughed as another entity, one that felt as old as time itself, entered his mind. Words that were not Tor's own erupted from his mouth.

"The Twilight... Will take over... If nothing is done... Heroes will rise... From the land... And Zant will die..." Now confused and dying from exhaustion, Tor simply let go, and allowed the darkness of sleep... Or was it death...? To envelope him.

Posted

Name: Karnil (father to Kaero from the Dark Race RP. Of course though, this is an alternate reality, so I'm not saying they're in the same world)

Race: Wolf

Appearance: Not unlike Kaero. He is a dark grey but with two black scars of fur on his left side. He is large and strong and therefore imposing.

Personality: Power seeking, caring, fierce when provoked

Province: Lake Hylia

History: Born in Ordon, he grew up among his family until he was forced to leave them as he grew older. He roamed Hyrule for a time, searching for a new land in which to live. He found Lake Hylia. It had a few wolves, but it was suitable for him to live in and he was let into the community effortlessly. He soon made himself head of the pack of wolves, he was larger than the rest and none dared to oppose him.

I have devised a way to tie him into the Dark Race too. It should be fun.

Also, are we going to be resurrecting Link in this or something? I haven't really picked up whether that's where it's leading or not.

Posted (edited)

Name: Rachal

Race: Hylian/Stalfos

Province: Ordon

History: Rachal was born in Ordon and worked at the shop that is owned by her family. She went into the Lost Woods when she was 10 and she couldn't find her way out. The search party was unsuccessful in finding her. She lives in the woods now still trying to get out, she has met several of the less plesant creatures and has learned to avoid them. She hasn't seen other people for 5 years.

Edited by Dark Midna (see edit history)

Posted

Oliver was sitting at a table in Telma's bar, drinking an none alcoholic beverage, when he felt the urge to put down his drink, stand up and walk out of the bar, Telma shouted "Hey now! Where you be going? Last I heard, your parents kicked you out!" Oliver shrugged and walked of the door, Telma was taken quite aback by this, she ignored it.

Oliver walked through the town, eyes pointed to the ground, not knowing he was walking towards someone he bumped into them "Oh sorry" he looked up and saw a female, about in her 20s coming from the Castle entrance, she said something like "Oh, it's ok... What's your name?" He replied "Oliver, what's yours?"