The Legend of Zelda: Door to Darkness

346 posts in this topic

Posted

The man named Auru looked at the two newcomers. Sanshi, he had known since her childhood, but he had never seen Oliver before. "You there." he said. Oliver looked nervously at him. "What's your name?"

"It's...it's Oliver." answered the young man. He was still in shock from the ominous black wall in Hyrule Field. Sanshi spoke up, "He's a...a knight in training, Auru. But, Auru...what is that?"

"We don't know." answered the old man. "It appeared almost overnight, and no one has been willing to go anywhere near it. The Goddesses help the poor souls that are inside it right now."

"Wha....!" Shad suddenly cried out. "Look!" he pointed at the wall. "It just moved! I say....it's come closer!" The wall of Twilight had moved. It was now several feet closer to the Castle than it had been.

"It's moving fast...." said Auru, now visibly worried. He turned to Sanshi and Oliver. "I don't know what happens to what ends up inside that barrier. But, unless you want to find out....yes, I think that would best....you have to get out of Castle Town, Sanshi."

"But....Shad?" Her brother turned around. "What about you?"

He played with his glasses nervously as he answered, "Well, I.....I suppose I'll be staying here with Auru and Ashei. I can't just run off, you know, right? You need to get yourself somewhere safe."

Posted (edited)

Oliver asked "Can I come with you? I have nowhere else to go. All I need is to collect my sword from my house that I was left with. Perhaps I could sell it as well? I don't have a steed and I'm short on Rupees. I don't want to hinder you as well." Oliver made his way down the ramparts and into the street.

Edited by Captain Tarrius (see edit history)

Posted

OOC: How much of.. well, everything is covered in the Twilight now?

In the depths of his mind Epsil wept and twisted, screaming in anguish into the recesses of his consciousness. The word echoed through his mind even still..

Begone... Begone... Begone...

Begone... Begone...

Begone... Begone... Begone... Begone...

And then in the darkness... a whisper of a voice... A voice so beautiful...

"Come back..."

And then it began to sing.. so softly and gently..

Posted

OOC: How much of.. well, everything is covered in the Twilight now?

Pretty much everything, except for, well, Hyrule Castle.

Tor, as he was walking, noticed a ruckus on the other side of the empty lake. Several grren flame-like objects were flailing about vigorously, while floating several feet above the ground. But it wasn't the strange apparitions that disturbed Tor...

It was the giant monster bird swooping about them. It was black, and seemed to have no face. Just a trumpet-like head with red tendrils sprouting from it. It swooped down one last time, and then flew away with one of the green lights in its talons. Tor made haste to cross the lake. He hurried along one damp bank, then continued to one of the cliffs that would have once been another side of the lake. It was quite far out of Tor's reach, but there were enough ridges and handholds so that he was quite sure he could climb it. One foot... One hand... Tor made sure he had a firm grip before he began climbing. He followed his own rythmatic pattern, hand, foot, hand, foot, hand, foot, making sure to keep a grip on the cliff. At one point, his hand slipped and he thought he was sure to fall, but his great endurance prevented most of the exhaustion. He managed to hold on and kept climbing. One last shove... There! The top of the bank was finally firm under Tor's feet. He looked around, and saw something that made him want to jump down.

Posted (edited)

Edit: Oh, yeah, Dark Midna, I was just wondering, seeing as the Dark Race references are working out great in this RP, if we could make this like... The prequel to The Dark Race?

That would be cool. But it would mean that I would have to alter my idea a bit. I was thinking about having Karnil go to the dark world. That's where Rio and that come from anyway and it could be linked to other worlds maybe.

Also, I have an idea to just make it more interesting. You know we're saying that Destruction is the fourth piece here? Well in the Dark Race, Kaero held the fourth piece which is time. I think that maybe there are two fourth pieces. The fourth piece which is Time can only exist in a world with Link and Link can only exist if Time is there. But when Majora killed Link, Destruction won the right to be the fourth piece. Destroying Link, Time was destroyed. Therefore, Link can never come back as they are both gone. This would also explain how creatures from the past are appearing. Time is now easily manipulated by the powerful. I think this idea works almost perfectly.

I can't write much right now. My characters are still around Lake Hylia with the birds. I'm guessing you're near them Taco_Ninja? I'm not sure. But I'm not going to assume.

Edited by Bathykolpian (see edit history)

Posted

As the singing continued, Epsil felt himself being dragged from the darkness by each word and note radiated through him..

Sing with me..

Sing with me..

Sing your melody..

Rise with me..

Rise with me..

Rise now, through the dark..

Live, now with me and

Live, now with me and

Live now live, you're free..

Fire, flowing faster

Water, burning stronger

The Light shines for you.

The song finished and Epsil opened his eyes slowly...

Leaning over him was the most beautiful person he'd ever seen... Except he knew she wasn't a person. She had only the figure of a woman, her hair seemed to wrap around her to form her strange clothes, and every aspect of her being was green..

And strangely he felt as though he could do anything, he was fearless... somehow he knew the radiated from her..

And then he realised his mask, nothing could stop that fear. He scramble around the kneeling figure.

"M-my mask, were is it?!" He pressed his hands against his face, feeling the disfiguration and began to shake...

"It's gone," The figure replied softly..

"GONE? I need it!" Epsil pressed his knees and cried. "Wheres my friend... my mask... he was there when he.. but friends fight so.. SO WHERE IS HE?"

"My brother is within you," Farore replied.

Posted

Edit: Oh, yeah, Dark Midna, I was just wondering, seeing as the Dark Race references are working out great in this RP, if we could make this like... The prequel to The Dark Race?

Yeah, that would be fine with me!

Rachal had reached the bridge to Castletwon when she saw a mass of dark orange energy, the same that she had seen through out all Hyrule, as preading around the Castle. She had a nagging feeling that it was a bad idea to go there but what choice did she have? Lake Hylia! Rachal instantly turned around and started off towards Lake Hylia. It was only then that she realized that she would have to pass through Castletwon to get there. She squared her shoulders and rushed in throught the gate. Before long, she was pretty lost but then she saw several Hylians standing together facing the general direction of the black-orange stuff. They were her best bet, she approached them rather cautiously.

Posted

I can now promise you that Karnil will survive this entire RP. I just introduced him into Betrayal. Anyway, I hope this one lasts. It's getting good already. Although I haven't really done much. But since I have ideas as to what I could do, I guess I have to stay.

Posted (edited)

Epsil shuddered slightly, "Within me?"

"We sealed him within you, your body is used to his aura. It will contain it, or so we believe.."

"YOU KILLED HIM?! You killed my friend!" Epsil leapt at the figure and flailed at her wildly. Only to have his hands pass through her... Defeated and despaired Epsil collapsed back down onto the ground.

"He was the.. the only one who talked to me.. Father said words things like 'fetch water' or 'go away'.. But he wa the only one who was my friend... my only friend.."

Farore felt a tear run down her cheek and land on the parched sand beneath them.. A small patch of lush grass sprouted from where it had landed. What pain Majora had caused...

"Well perhaps, perhaps you can find another friend...?" She asked the child cautiously.

Epsil raised is head, but anothers eyes stared back... "Do you not hear him.. Sissterr? I am his only friend, I am the only one who will accept this.. monster." Majora blinked the boys eyes and the pupil became small and black with the rest of his eye becoming a shade of murky yellow.

Farore had always practiced restraint, and resisted the urge to use her powers in anger, but in that moment she was pushed to her limits to not destroy him.

"You cannot be known as my brother," she spat the word, "you are disgusting and repulsive.."

The child with the eyes of Majora rolled cackled, "Do you feel anger Farore? Pain even, that I've tained one of your creations so..?"

Farore was about to reply when what he had said struck her... "You've tainted?" She whispered hoarsely, barely containing her pure rage. Specks of black floated in her Aura.

"Oh you're having a hard time holding on aren't you.. Yes, I tainted this child. You see, some time ago a young woman collecting herbs to help with her pregnancy found a mask, a strange mask resting atop some herbs which she required. The mask seemed to scare her, so she placed it atop a nearby rock, so that whoever she believed had left it would see it. She refused the mask, but the herbs beneath it were most definately valuable during labour...

And so as she drank the brewed tea a part of something great ran through her and into her child..

When the child was born," Majora covered his face and laughed. "He was born like this!" Majora threw his hands apart to reveal the childs face again and laughed.. "It was not just how he looked. It was as if he had this.. this aura of darkness..." Majoras grin slid across is face as he continued in a softer voice, leaning forwards and whispering in his sisters ear. "And they hated him, they loathed him, they destroyed his will and created something perfect..."

Majora leaned back. "In his sorrow and suffering he became the perfect vessel. His companions forced him to become empty, and so he was." Majora leapt to his feet looked into the sky laughing. "And when his mother abandonned the boy in the forest, saying, 'begone'.." Majoras face lowered to face hers again. "It was all as the mask had planned, and soon the boy had a new. Best. Friend.

Majoras unholy laughter echoed through the desert.

[DAMN did i make Majora evil.]

Edited by Skull_Kid (see edit history)

Posted

[is it to late to join this game? It looks fun! <3 ]

Posted

[ Thanks, I'll post my profile, but I'll wait for the fourm's OP to give me the okay, unless you think he/she would be certianly fine wit hit?

Name: Esme

Race: Hylian[...?]

Province: Current resident of castle town.

History: A young, purple haired sorcerouss/magican, who seems genrally light-hearted, likes to dabble in the dark side of power and magic. She's considered "text-book" smart, but seems to get inot a lot of trouble and always seems to be owning some one a favor; good or bad. She carrys with her a lanturn rather similair to that of a poe's. though she is seen with out it. Perhaps Esme uses magic to summon it. The sorcerous travels frequently, never in the same place for to long. Now, even though Twilight has covered the lands, She wants to leave the safety of Castle town, she wants to see the destruction that Hyrule has become. She wants to watch it all burn down.

I'll have a picture of her up soon enough o: ]

Posted (edited)

As Oliver entered the street, he noticed that there was a special offer on adventure packs 'Adventure packs? hmm, I wonder what's in them' He went over and had a look, in the pack there was:

5 weeks worth of rations

A lantern, two bottles of Oil

Rope

Tinderbox

Map of Hyrule

Pieces of parchment

Some quills and ink

Book of Enemies(an incomplete one, mind you)

"Wow, that's like everything I need right there. But it comes to 50 Rupees, and that's all of my money spent..." He also noticed that there was a Hylian Shield and a new shiny sword included "Hmm, that's convincing, there's only one left as well... Beats my old sword and shield and it's getting dark as well" he finally decides to buy it and then procedes to go to his house. He gathers everything he needs and then puts them to one side. He tidies his house up and gets out his "For Sale" sign and nails it to the outside of the door. He puts his stuff in a backpack and mysteriously he finds some more rupees 'Weird' he thought, thinking nothing of it, he goes out again for a last minute buy, he buys a saddle. As he then goes back to his house, gathers everything he needs, puts most of it into the pockets of the saddle and then the rest into his backpack.

As he takes a last minute look at his clean house, he sighs. "This is it, now or never" he walked out of the door, locked it and then went to the Royal Stables, expecting no one to be there. Instead he found Sanshi. He was suprised.

Edited by Captain Tarrius (see edit history)

Posted

Suddenly Majora was choking...

"What.. Is this!?" he spluttered, gripping his throat.

Farore looked on, her anger slightly subdued due to her curiousity, however the black specks in her aura had not dissapeared.

The figure fell onto the ground, writhing and twisting.. and then it suddenly stopped, the grunts and hisses gone. Replaced with a soft sobbing sound..

Farore got up and walked to him, before grabbing his arms and lifting him off the ground and pulling him close. Tears were running down her face too.. dripping across his.. But as each drop fell, glistening in the light before splashing aross his face.. the area it fell on was cleansed.. and as more and more of the Goddesses tears fell, Epsils face seemed to change and heal..

Before long, his face was that of a pale boy with his eyes closed resting against her, his straight black hair brushing softly upon his face... And her tears stopped and she smiled at him..

Epsil had never been hugged before, never been held as if anyone cared about him... All he had gotten were beatings, and even then people seemed reluctant to go near him... And as the Goddess held him he felt himself heal on the inside.. just a little.. suddenly he felt her tears stop and he looked up at her... She was- had been smiling.. it had dissapeared as he looked at her.

Farores smile faded.. Majoras eyes still looked up at her.

Posted (edited)

(Yeah, Esme, you can still join. Oh, but remember, this RP is in 3rd-person.)

The creature reared up and screeched at Tor. It was an insect of some sort, though not any insect Tor had seen before. It was monstrous, twice as tall as Tor at least, and had only a single gigantic eye in the middle of its body. It had five legs, placed to resemble a hand... It swiped at Tor, who ducked just in time, then sprinted past the creature. Without looking back, he ran across several bridges, then came to a temple of some sort dug into the cliff. Seeing that as his only cover, Tor ran inside. By normal circumstances, the spring that he found inside would have been beautiful, but today, in the time of Twilight, it was tainted. Black bats with red lines across their wings flew past Tor's face. Something else stirred in a bush behind him. A man-eating plant of some sort suddenly flung itself out of the bush, diving for Tor's ankle. He only just managed to get out of the way in time, then kicked the beast into the wall where it lay still. All light then faded from the cavern as the gigantic insect crawled through the entrance... It looked around, then spotted Tor. Its eye glowed red... And it dived towards him.

(Hmm... I wonder if anyone will save Tor? *Hint hint*)

Edited by Taco_Ninja (see edit history)

Posted

[ Thank you 9: and I always rp in thrid person, teehe. its just betterthat way?]

A ghostly girl dashed forwards just a split second before the beast, lunging her entire weight forward. She had grabbed Tor, and shover him down in a roll. "Damnit!" She was immeditally back on her feet, her lips curled into a snarl. "What an ugly thing..."

Blasted Twilight..! She raised her left hand, energy started to collect in her palm. It was a vemonous shade of purple, almost sickly.

Something so dark, and destructive, yet, so beautiful. Her bright eyes looked back at Tor. "Run away." And she flicked her wrist, sending the small magic ball exploding towards the beast, tear, gnawing at its meat. "Now!" The sorceress acted quickly, dashing down deeper into the temple, laughing.

"Ahe-he-he!" But she suddenly stopped, waiting?

[i hope that acceptable [: ]