The Legend of Zelda: Door to Darkness

346 posts in this topic

Posted

"Looking to steal a horse, Oliver?" said Sanshi with a wry smile. He narrowed his eyes. "No." he said defiantly. "I have money. I can pay for one." Sanshi shook her head. "None of these..." she said, indicating the very clean, fine-bred horses that occupied the stalls. "..are even for sale. If they were, about 700 Rupees might buy you an old one." She walked towards a sliding door at the back of the barn. "This way!" she said.

She slid the wooden door aside and crossed a small courtyard to a second stable area. Older, ramshackle even, and nowhere near as well-stocked as the Royal Stables, this barn housed a dozen or so animals. Several cart-horses, a donkey or two, and a few horses that Oliver felt compelled to take a closer look at.

Sanshi opened one of the stall doors and led one out by the bridle. It was a very strong, healthy male horse, with a gold-colored coat and a white mane and tail. "This is a true hero's companion.." Sanshi said with a sigh, almost dreamily. Oliver smiled at the sight of the horse. He seemed perfect.

Sanshi looked over at him suddenly. "So....you're going to do what Auru says and leave the city?"

Oliver nodded. "I really don't have anything to stay for.." he admitted. "And that thing out there....that barrier...it seems frightening, but at the same time, I feel really excited about it!"

Sanshi smiled. "That's the adventurous spirit." she said, and she handed the horse's bridle to Oliver. "He's yours."

Oliver was shocked speechless. Sanshi continued, "These are all my animals. They're mostly the ones no one else would buy, so I took them in and trained them. Take care of him, okay?"

Oliver nodded, still in shock, but happy. He stroked his new companion's mane, then looked at Sanshi. "What about you? You're not staying, are you?"

"I've got something I need to take care of before I leave. Hopefully, that barrier will stay away long enough for me to do so. Then I am leaving. Perhaps we'll see each other again, somewhere out there."

A quarter of an hour later, Oliver had packed his things onto his horse, and was riding out of the Main Gate, towards the unknown. Towards adventure.

Posted (edited)

"Run away."

Tor did as he was bade, all the while staring at the mysterious girl that had saved him. As he was running, he skidded to a stop as he saw the girl fling a purple energy ball from her hand. It struck the insect-monster right in the eye, and began sizzling and crackling. The beast began screeching and clawing at its eye, then fell over, dead. Before Tor could stop her, the girl began running deeper into the spring, all the while laughing maniacally. Tor thought once about following her, but then decided against it. He turned around, ready to leave, when he heard a large explosion behind him. When he spun around, the body of the insect was...

Gone.

And where it had been, there was simply a pile of ashes, which, as Tor looked on in horror, formed into a humanoid entity. It began speaking.

"So, you seek to destroy my army? Ha. I hope that you will re-consider. You see, nothing, NOTHING, will get in the way of my mighty Twilight. The World of Light shall perish in the depths of night, and I shall rule both realms! Although, I may have to dispose of you earlier than I thought. Queen Gohma, the beast that you saw killed was simply a ghost from the past, one that the Hero of Time defeated hundreds of years ago. You see, that relic... The Twilight Mirror shard that you now hold is one of four pieces. The Twilight Mirror as a whole has the power to open portals to many dimensions! Gohma, this pile of ashes... Was resurrected from the Realm of Death. Why am I telling you this? Because it will be much more fun to destroy you and your... friend myself, in my kingdom, the Twilight Realm!

Soon, very soon...

You shall face the wrath of I, Zant!"

And with that, the phantom of the being that Tor now knew as Zant disappeared. Again, Tor was distracted as he began to leave. Something silver caught his eye in the ashes of Gohma. On closer inspection, it turned out to be a dark black sword. It was apparently empty of any stones or jewels. To make up for that, it was visciously curved and had small thorn-like spikes along its length. And something about it sent a chill down Tor's spine. Perhaps it was just the look of it, or perhaps it was something far more ancient... "Maybe this is how the "Hero of Time" that Zant spoke of originally killed this beast..." With a shrug, Tor wrapped his cloak around it and stuck it through his belt. "I guess this will come in handy..."

Edited by Taco_Ninja (see edit history)

Posted

Esme turned around, silent, listening.

Zant?

Had she heard that name before? She couldn't remember. She advanced towards the boy, her brows arched and her shoes made a soft 'phhhaft' as she walked. "Are..." She stopped, standing beside him, but at least an arm and a half distance away.

"Are you alright?" Now that she was in better view, she was quite the queer looking lass. Her eyes where a acid purple, and her lips tinted the same shade. Her hair looked fluffy, and soft, and her skin was pale. It gave the pretty girl a ghostly appearance, and the clothes she wore didn't help. Mosty black with some gold accents. Another laugh. "EHeeee...."

"Who's Zant? He sounds.... a little..." She stopped, clasping her hands togather. "Oh! Nevermind." And the girl took a step closer to Tor, leaning towards him. "I'm Esme...."

Mirror of Twilight?

"What is the Mirror of Twilight? And that Zant-fellow sounds a little to roostery! ya?"

Posted (edited)

Brilliant Gael, I love the way you role-play :)

---------------

Oliver rode out for a while and then stopped "Hmm... Ugh, stupid hair" he parted his hair to one side, sighing as he did. "Should I head to the barrier... Thing... Or... Head to a safe place, no, I want adventure" he gently turned the horse towards the barrier, treating it carefully, he urged it on towards the barrier but it kept doing it's own thing, not paying any attention to the rider, Oliver finally summoned up enough courage and went "Hyah!" and kicked his heels into the horse's side, it sped into the direction of the barrier, he was soon beginning to regret his descision but he forgot about that as he approached the barrier, he jumped off, got out his sword and prepared himself for whatever was out there... Nothing came, just the looming wall coming towards him in an empty stare.

OoC: Uhm........ What happens when I go into the Twilight bit? Cause, like, you know, could we treat this as Dark World where we get turned into whatever's in our hearts or do we just become ghosts or whatever?

Edited by Captain Tarrius (see edit history)

Posted (edited)

Rachal followed the Hylian to another barrier. Whenever she was near one of the barriers she felt strange, tired and moody. Then, unfortunatly he spotted Rachal.

Edited by Dark Midna (see edit history)

Posted

What happens when I go into the Twilight bit? Cause, like, you know, could we treat this as Dark World where we get turned into whatever's in our hearts or do we just become ghosts or whatever?

(Well, if you want your character to have "powers" and have some significance in defeating Zant, you'll just stay a human, like Tor and Esme. I'll finish this post later.)

Posted

oh ok, that's cool.

Posted (edited)

Tor, after making sure his new blade was secure, stood back up, ready to leave yet again. He gave a start as he saw the girl from before leaning over him.

Edited by Taco_Ninja (see edit history)

Posted

OOC

1233133587.jpg

Made this to help my friend understand where everyone is so she might join.. I'll magic her in with my next post before Farore leaves if she decides to.

Sorry I don't know exactly where Esme/Tor are, nor where Rachal is exactly.

I assumed that Esme and Tor are on dunes which are in the dried Lake Hylia?

And I 'think' Rachal is near Esme and Tor?

"Rachal followed the two Hylians to another barrier. Whenever she was near one of the barriers she felt strange, tired and moody. Then, unfortunatly they spotted Rachal."

I'm assuming thats those two.

Sorry for not keeping track, as I figure it out I'll give people better colours or w/e and make a better looking display.

As Ganon, Zant, Zelda and Midna are NPCs but still important parts of the story (or so I'm assuming) I placed them on the map as well.

Ganons location is still unrevealed, despite him being the 'mastermind'.

Zant is appearing around Hyrule in random places.

Midna and Zelda haven't been 'written' out of the castle, so I'm guessing they're still there.

Oh, and about the west/east thing, please try not to mention which compass direction your going, just refer to the things you're heading towards. (Unless its straight north or south)

This is because Gamecube has link left-handed as usual, but Wii has him right handed, and instead of just changing his sword hands, I think they 'mirrord' the whole world.

~Either way its confusing. So try not to.

If everyone could define where they are in their next posts that would be great =)

Posted (edited)

Yay! :D

I like how well you've been following this. I've just been witing for my characters to be saved for ages. Also, if you meet them, Karnil isn't a spirit, but Kaero is. You wont be able to see or speak to Kaero at all during the RP until I decide that he shouldn't be a spirit anymore. I know that we can't attack poe or anything without wolf senses, but Karnil can't. That'll be Kaero's job. Also, I think you got Esme and Tor's position right.

Also, I'll try to treat this as the Gamecube version. I treated the Dark Race as the Wii version after all and this is an alternate existence, so I just thought it'd make more sense.

Will edit this post when I'm finished reading.

--------------------

Karnil slowly opened his eyes. He looked down on Lake Hylia and sighed. Might as well go back to sleep. he thought in annoyance, snuggling down into the bird's razor sharp claws.

--------------------

That made no sense whatsoever.

Also, congrats to Taco_Ninja for having 50% warn removed. ;)

Edited by Bathykolpian (see edit history)

Posted

Sorry about that I'll clear it up here.

Rachal watched as the Hylian left Castletown on his horse. Rachal also managed to find one and buy it off the owner. She kicked the horse forewards. The Hylian whom she was following reach another barrier and jumped down from his horse, Rachal did the same, although she was a little bit farther away. She thought that he looked a little bit strange and let a giggle escape her, he turned around and he spotted her.

So, Rachal was following Oliver.

Posted (edited)

I usually refer to the maingate as the bottom gate. Since it's the front and by my understanding castle's maingates are always at the front.

I also see this RP as the Wii version :(

-------------

As he was backing up from the barrier, he heard a giggle. He turned to see a young woman, he smiled and then waved "Hey! come over here."

Edited by Captain Tarrius (see edit history)

Posted

Rachal walked over to him, she was quite happy that she was wearing a cloak, she assumed that he wouldn't take well to a Hylian-who-was-almost-a-Stalfos. She knew that it would eventually start to wear of but for now, she had to be careful. She was puzzled by his strange manner of adress but she responed. "Who are you?" He answered her quickly "Oliver, you?" Rachal was rather hesitant but after a moment of tense silence she replied "Rachal, what is that barrier?" Oliver turned to the barrier and then back to Rachal and he said "Twilight."

Posted

Esme listened until she found a spot she could cut it. So, Zant was somesort of something that was bring back dead monsters? That sounded soo... fun. She was most certainly interested now.

"Where are you going to start?"

"I was getting to that... I think Castle Town is a good place. I'll have general access to most of Hyrule, and hopefully I can get some gear and supplies there. But why are you showing so much interest in this?"

Why am I interested?

Esme grinned, a full toothed grin. "I like fun... and... wait!" She giggled, her hands clasped togather again. "Castle town? Can I come?" The ghost girl looked hopefull. "I'm heading towards the Castle anyway! And It would be a horridly lonely trip otherwise.." She nodded, grinning again. "I could prove helpfull." Then it hit her.

"Why are you showing so much intrest in the Mirror of Twilight and Zant? You looked like you were in pain whe nyou talked abot it..." Her purple lips curled down into a sad expression.

Posted

Tor looked Esme in the eyes. His expression quickly turned savage. "Zant's army... Those damned creatures which came with the Twilight... They destroyed my family, my home, my life. And I'm going to make sure that... That he gets what he deserves!"