The Legend of Zelda: Door to Darkness

346 posts in this topic

Posted

Oliver saw the world around him turn grey and then into a darker, more sinister colour. He heard Rachal behind him, this made him feel less scared and the fact that there were no monsters just waiting to maul them both to death was a bonus as well. He stepped forward slowly and then sped up as he felt more secure, he broke into a run and headed south, for the Faron region of Hyrule Field.

Posted

I need Esme to make a post before I can do anything else...

Posted

[ Sorry Taco! D; ]

"Well... I... guess so..." The boy spoke, and as he did, the girl's smile widened, almost sinisterly.

"Really?!" She clapped, jumping a bit. "Ohohoh! This is soo exciting!" Esme nodded, and slowly regained her composer, smoothing the front of her dress. "Back to, um, buisness? How are we getting out of here?" She turned on her heals, her back now to Tor, arms crossed and a foot tapping. Her question was a good one. She didn't know any teleportation spells. Even if she did, teleporting to people? That's not easy. Esme than tapped her chin, looking over her shoulder at Tor. "How'd you even get here? Coudld we just like, go the same way?" That seemed reasonable enough, after-all, but the magicain was pretty certain it wouldn't work. Her shoulder's sank as she thought, her arms hanging at her sides now.

Posted (edited)

I see you, Skull_Kid

Farore focused.

'O Hyrule, send my hero to where a hero is required, let him defend and not destroy, let him shine out this darkness...'

let him shine out the darkness..

Karnil hoped for a miracle.

*hint* *hint*

They're at Zora's Domain and they're going to die without your help. Why do you hate the puppies? :(

Edited by Bathykolpian (see edit history)

Posted

[OoC: that was actually the line that would get me to wherever my friend was, whenever she decides to post.. lol..

Uuuhhmm.. gah, I guess i'll go to Zoras Domain, gimme a sec to think it out.]

Posted (edited)

Damn you all. Need to be more active }:[

Edited by Captain Tarrius (see edit history)

Posted (edited)

Ooc: You know, it makes no sense to label this RP as a prequel to the Dark Race. In the Dark Race, Link had been alive to be in the Twilight Princess storyline. Anyway. I've been having a hard time planning what I want for Sanshi, so I'm going to just start typing and see what happens.

Bic:

Sanshi stopped climbing the stairs for a moment to look out of the window. She was in her father's old house in Castle Town, nestled right outside the Castle walls, just across the small moat. It was larger than most of the other houses, but, of course, Sashi's family were all nobility.

The house was empty; only herself and Shad lived there now, since their father had passed away five years ago. But, thought Sanshi, Shad wouldn't like what I am doing....I'm glad he's not here to see it.

Looking out the small window, she saw the eerie spectacle of the barrier still looming over Hyrule Field. Sanshi was determined to find out what it was, and she knew she wouldn't be able to do it alone. That's why she needed the book.

Entering the room that had once been her father's, she took a small, gold key out of a special hiding place in the floorboards, then crossed the room to where a wooden chest lay. Working quickly, she opened the chest and took out the only thing that occupied it. It was a very old leather-bound book. On the cover, only a few Hylian characters were stamped: "T..W...I...L...I". Sanshi didn't know what the word meant, but her father had talked about the contents of this book. he had said something about a banished people, and a sealed magic. But the book had also contained a drawing; and that drawing matched exactly the strange barrier that lurked outside.

Shad had never seen the drawing, of course. When Father had told him not to disturb the book, he had obeyed. But Sanshi had a more adventurous nature.

Sanshi stuffed the book into her bag, which she slung over her back. She began to leave, pausing in the doorway only a moment. "I'm sorry...Father." she said quietly. Then she departed.

--------

Just under an hour had passed. Sanshi had her father's book open in front of her on the saddle. Thane, the large, grey stallion that had once belonged to her father, carried her at a steady walk along the road leading from Castle Town, across the Eldin Province towards Kakariko Village. It had been a prosperous town for many years, but recently, its inhabitants had begun to move to Castle Town because of the drought. Sanshi chose this as her destination because Renado, a wise man and friend of her father lived there.

Sanshi didn't know what else to do at this point. She had been tempted at first to examine the barrier herself, but at the last minute, fear had gotten the better of her.

Some knight I would make....she thought wryly as she turned the pages of the ancient text. Only been outside the city four times in my entire life, and too scared to investigate a little magic....

Sanshi was having a difficult time reading. The book was in Old Hylian, a language that her father had taught Sanshi and Shad to read years ago, but, of course, Sanshi had been more interested in fencing and archery lessons to give much thought to ancient languages. She had become very rusty, and could only make out half of the words.

She read aloud as she rode. "Interceptors......no, wait.....interlopers. Interlopers....attempting to use a magic...greater than that of the.....dogs....?" She shook her head. "Ugh......Gods! Gods.....okay.....hmm...."

She barely noticed that Thane had stopped walking to munch some grass as she narrowed her eyes in concentration.

"That means 'four'.....ghosts of light......directed byyy......" she leaned in very close to the text. "The three Goddesses.....baked the interlopers...in a pie?!?!?"

She slammed the book shut in frustration, "Why did I not pay attention to my lessons...?" she asked no one in particular. She put the book back into her bag and dismounted, stretching her arms and legs. Perhaps I should have gone with Oliver...she thought. This isn't the most exciting adventure in the world.

That was exactly when the Twilit pillars fell all around Sanshi, forming the red barrier and trapping her inside.

Edited by Gael (see edit history)

Posted

Sorry, Tarrius.

I posted and you replied. But my post was terrible, so I deleted it.

Proved you wrong.

Believe me, he didn't double post. I deleted mine from between his two. :D

Don't warn him.

I just merged 'em...

Posted

Pfft, my adventures? more interesting than yours? Yeah ok.

------

Oliver came to a stop, looking at the forest entrance. He'd never seen such a mass of trees before, he was quite unnerved

'Maybe I should've waited with Sanshi... I'm sure she's off on a less dangerous adventure right now.' sighing, he went through into the woods. It was warm and he felt relaxed somewhat. He heard Rachal behind him but he was more interested in the beauty of this new place he found. He stepped forwards and into the entrance.

Posted

Karnil and Kaero fought on. Kaero had managed to kill one and Karnil was yet to land a hit. Pfft. Must be agility. I'm still stronger. Karnil thought, quite envious at Kaero's fighting skills. There were four birds left now and they had been fighting for at least an hour. Karnil was tired. He could see that Kaero was the same way. One of the birds fell upon Karnil, taking another chunk of ice out of the ground, it's foot got caught on ice as it flew back out and Karnil saw his chance. He leapt at the beast, sinking his teeth into it's neck and jumping away as it fell to the ground. It's blood stained the snow black and the three remaining birds hesitated a little before attacking again. Karnil was encouraged. He dodged the next attack, jumping to the side of the bird and attacking, but missing as always. As another bord attacked Karnil, he saw out of the corner of his eye, Kaero taking down another bird. It fell and the black blood oozed from it's neck. As Karnil's attacker retreated, Karnil aimed for it's neck. He missed, but instead got it's talon. It flailed and fell. Karnil pounced upon it and bit into it's neck. It's twitched a little before falling still. Karnil and Kaero stood together, facing the final bird. It seemed hesitant at first, but determined. It attacked again and The two of them dodged. Kaero dodged sideways and Karnil underneath the bird itself. He turned quickly underneath the bird and sprung at it's stomach. It wailed and fell, leaving Kaero to deal the final blow to it's neck. It twitched a little like the previous bird. It then fell still, and the snowy area silent. Kaero and Karnil panted, stained with the blood of the beasts.

After a minute or so, Kaero spoke, "Karnil..." he panted, turning his head, "Where are we? How do we get back?" Kaero seemed worried. Karnil was too, but he had to remain calm. If he didn't he may make the situation worse.

"I don't know. But it can't be far. This looks like it must have been a river of some kind. There's a waterfall after all." Karnil pointed out, gesturing to the pillar of ice. "I'm sure that this is somehow linked to the lake. We can't be that far..." Kaero nodded and the left the area through a tunnel nearby.

They emerged in a new area. It wasn't as cold as the other clearing, but it was still cold. It seemed as if it had been dug out of the land. The earth making the walls were too tall to climb. There was a small wooden building and a door in the dirt wall. Karnil noticed another passage to his left (right if GC version of TP), it was the only noticeable method of escape from this place, so they had little choice. They followed through the passage.

As they travelled through, things seemed to be getting brighter. Karnil felt an odd feeling, as a great weight was being lifted as he walked. It got warmer too. And there was less ice. It was no a cold trickle of water, rushing past their feet.

As they emerged on the other side of the passage, the sight was as astonishing to them. The sun hung high in the sky and the windows of the majestic castle glittered in the morning light. It was Castle town. Karnil marvelled at the beauty of it. It was a sight he had never lain eyes upon. There were steps leading to the river bank ahead and a bridge joined the two sides together. As they approached the steps, it became obvious that there was less water than there should be. The great pool like structure was almost completely dried out. Karnil looked at Kaero. They both supposed that the water came from somewhere near the waterfall from earlier. The two of them stood on the river bank. Looking around, they saw little to fear. There were a few birds in the trees, but if they could handle the five from the waterfall, these would be no trouble if they turned hostile.

Karnil and Kaero walked around the field, observing the town's high walls. They guessed that this was the back of the town as there was no gate and frankly, the water supply system was a bit of an eyesore. The two of them wondered whether or not the town knew of the great curtain behind them.

Karnil and Kaero rounded the town and finally came to the south gate. They had travelled around the east (west in GC version of TP) side of the town and had met no trouble. They had seen the great twilight curtain. It seemed to be closing in upon the town. There was little hope for the townspeople now.

Ooc: Long story short, Karnil and Kaero are at the south gate of Castletown.

Posted

Oh boy, I just get out of here and I'm going straight back in! Rachal thought angrily. Nonetheless she followed Oliver, she did however find it to be a good idea to caution him. "I hope you know where you're going, you could get lost in there for years. Just like me." This last part she had murrmered, mostly to herself. He didn't seem to pay much attention. He had never seen the beauty of the woods and she assumed that is what was preoccuping him.

Posted

Something tells me Esme isn't coming back...

Posted

(I'm here! really, I am! Did you miis my last post, or did I miss yours, Taco? D; i'm sorry. My ast post was on page four, i think.)

Posted

Hmm, I thought I'd replied, but I must've been wrong...

Wait... Huh? I know I've replied... But my post isn't there anymore! D: Oh well.

"I got here through the Gerudo Desert..." Tor answered. "But it might be impassible from here. Unless you can walk up a huge, steep mountain of slippery sand, we're practically stuck here. It's probably worth a try, but I don't know... Maybe if we found a way up the dunes, we could work around and find another way out of the desert from there?" But then Tor remembered.

The Bulblins. "Oh... But... There's part of Zant's army waiting for me on the other side..." Tor and Esme were both silent for a few moments.

Posted

[ Ouch! That sucks! Well, if something like this happens again or whatnot, drop me a pm ;D ]

Esme hugged herself, letting out a deep, and haggled breath. This was a problem. A big one. Esme didn't like not having answers either. It frustrated her a great bit. "Well!" she huffed, the first one to break a cold silence. "That does sound like the best option, don't ya think?" She nodded, grinning. "I think, we should wait till night fall..." Her sentanced ended in mumbles, and her gaze seemed to drift off.. Zant.

Who was he anyway? He obviously had been casuing al this trouble. Tor didn't give a very good explaination, but Esme didn't want to ask for more details..

yet.

...And those Bulblins sounded exciting.