The Legend of Zelda: Door to Darkness

346 posts in this topic

Posted

Esme moved quickly, kicking the sword away from Tor as she hissed and cursed under her breath. "Do you have any idea what this is, Tor?! You've got no idea!" She took in a deep breath, and then slowlt let it out. "You should have told me about this eailier!" She ruffled her already poofy and messy hair. "Ugh..." Her face relaxed, and looked kinder after Tor sumbled to his feet. Rumaging threw her bag, Esme pulled out a small bottle with a milky substance in it. Then, outstretched her arm to him.

"Here, drink this. It might make you feel a little better.." and, of course Esme knew what it was, she'd read about in it books, but.. "And I don't know what it is, I just don't like the look of it." She listened to Tor statement with a frown.

Fine. She wouldn't ask anymore questions...

about the sword.

"Tor, just becareful... And, I.." She just shook her head, then shrugged. "If you get yourself killed, don't expect me to save you again. But any way," The huanting girl started to walk again. "Hyrule castletown, right? Is that where you think the King of Twilight is?"

Posted (edited)

"The King of Twilight?" Tor spat. "He's no king. But yes, if he is anywhere, I should think that Hysrule Castle is the best place to start.

He tasted the strange milky substance. Almost immediately, he spat it out, disgusted with the taste. "What is this?" he asked with an annoyed tone.

"Just drink it," Esme replied. Tor gave her an angry look, but sculled the medicine down anyway. Then he slowly moved towards his sword, but as he reached towards it, Esme grabbed his wrist. "That's not a good idea, Tor." He could sense that Esme's normally airy character was serious about this.

"You can't make all my choices for me," he replied in a flat tone. "It's my sword, so I'm taking it with me." He shook Esme's hand off, then began to walk slowly, deeper into the cave.

They gradually began to move along at a faster pace, hoping to reach the end of the tunnel by dawn.

After what seemed like hours, Tor's legs began to grow weary. "It's getting cold..." he complained.

"I know. We must be getting closer..." As Esme finished, they rounded a bend, and came to the source of the river.

Or what was left of it. Most of the area was covered in a thick layer of snow. Where there wasn't snow, there was ice. And on the far side of the area, there was a massive icy pillar rising up out of the frozen lake. Tor realized with a jolt that it must have been a waterfall, once. "What... Happened here?" he asked, to nobody in particular. "I think... I think place is called Zora's Domain. But I don't see any Zoras..." He wrapped his cloak around him.

"Look!" Esme pointed towards a large archway, not far from where they were. It was made from bricks of stone, and had several unlit torches inside it.

"That's probably the Hyrule Castle waterway." Tor said. "If we follow that, we'll eventually come to Castle Town... Let's go."

Edited by Taco_Ninja (see edit history)

Posted

She giggled, Not a King? then what was this Zant?

"Just drink it!" She shook her head, sighing as they continued on their path. She was unusally still? Maybe it was just the sword that was making her uneasy?

Stupid boy..

"It's getting cold..." the boy complained. Esme rolled her yes. "Yup! I know.. But, I think we're getting close..."And she gasped when ther site of ice and snow came into view. "Its beautiful! Ohoh! Lookie Tor!" She pointed, then started tyo walk backwards towards it. "Isn't is pretty! Almost as pretty as Twilight...!" Esme froze where she stood, and covered her mouth. She didn't mean to say that. Though, she ment it. She was sure Tor wouldn't agree with her.

The purple haired girl quickly regained her composure, grinning a smile like thatr of one she would have when they first met. "Anyway, shall we?"

Posted

[OOC: Try speaking American, it's the only language I understand..

"Yes, I created them specifically so I could shun them with my cold indifference."]

Epsil suddenly felt a weight lifted from his shoulders... he looked down.. thin tendrils of green were being channeled into his chest.. his eyes slowly followed them.. they merged into the auras of 4 beings... He could pick out the aura of the girl, it was slightly brighter than the others...

His 'eyes' observed the auras.. Instead of working like the monsters had, their auras weren't diminishing as they fed his, they didn't need a 'source'.. It was as if each of them were generating their own power..

The heroes... A voice murmured softly in his head..

His eyes seemed to unfocus and he saw them. The they all took a step back.. He remembered how his eyes still looked. He shut them again before murmuring softly..

"Sorry.."

He tensed the muscles in his body slowly and then relaxed them.. He was at full strength.. Maybe even more?.. Was this Farores power..?

With his eyes closed he could still sense the auras around him.. He could still feel the suspicion they felt of his power.. He opened his eyes but looked at the ground so that his pupils couldn't be seen..

"I'm sorry about my eyes.." he repeated.

Posted

[shut up, Mokuba.

Blah blah! Card games blah!

Blah blah blah, attack mode blah!

Blah blah blah?!

... Blah.]

Tor was shocked by Esme's statement. "Almost as pretty as... Twilight?" he repeated. "That's the very thing that is sucking the life from this world! Or had you forgotten?" Esme didn't answer. Well, she knows when to speak and when not to, at least, thought Tor.

"Anyway, shall we?" the girl said.

"On second thoughts, no. I thought we could just sit around and wait until we freeze to death." Esme rolled her eyes at Tor's grim sarcasm. Then they both started towards the waterway.

That was when it happened.

Name: Dargon

Race: Hylians

Province: None

History: Not much is known about this evil sorcerer. He travels around Hyrule in times of peril, causing misery and grief to all he comes across. His true form has never been revealed, though he takes the shape of a cloaked man. Human bones hang from his belt, while a bone helmet shaped like a skull is worn on his head. He can cast spells without the use of magical objects; i.e. a wand or staff. He has been known to mess with necromancy.

Dargon watched from his icy peak, waiting for the two adventurers to get within range. The pair was an odd one; One of them, the male, was dressed in rough traveling clothing, while the other female had strange, purple, poofy hair. Dargon had been following them for days, and the roughly dressed one for even longer. His Stalfos had almost finished the job in the Arbiter's Grounds, almost... "Soon, soon..." Dargon hissed, soothing the beast that lurked within him. Finally, the travelers began moving again, towards the Hyrule Castle water supply. He charged up an energy ball, dark purple in color, in one of his hands. As he flung his arm downwards, sending a pulse of dark energy towards them, the male flung his arm out in front of the other one, apparently sensing their imminent doom. The purple beam slammed into the ground before them as they jumped back.

Tor flung his arm out in front of Esme. Something wasn't right... Just as he did, a purple beam of dark magic slammed into the ground before them, making a gaping hole straight through the ice. Both Tor and Esme, shocked by this, looked up towards the source of the magic. Nothing was there... Or so they thought.

They looked back down again, and before their eyes was a being of nightmares. He was dressed in a black cloak, with what looked like human bones tied to his belt. The most terrifying thing about him was the skull helmet upon his head.

The entity let out a hiss, just like a Gerudo Rattlesnake. Tor threw a punch at the monster's stomach, only to have it stopped by a wall of black shadows, which then dissapated. Esme, meanwhile, was preparing to send a rivalling blast of magic at the humanoid beast. It, whatever it was, noticed this action and somehow shrunk the swirling ball continuously, until it no longer existed. It threw her into a nearby drift of snow without lifting a finger, then grabbed Tor around the throat and lifted him two feet above the ground. Tor pulled his sword out from his belt, and tried to slice the creature in half, across the waist.

The blade merely sailed through him, not even cutting the cloak.

Tor, however, remembered his swordsmanship training, and followed the backhand with a stab to the heart. The being looked down at the blade stinking out of its chest.

"Fool," it hissed. "No mortal blade can kill me-!" Its last words were cut off as the wound began hissing. It let out a half shriek, half blood-curdling roar in pain. Tor fell to the ground as its grip loosened, then gripped his blade tightly and pulled it out. This time, when he touched it, another wave of hatred came with it, but so did something new.

The Blade of Light's Bane...

A voice was whispering in Tor's head.

The sword shich no good can touch...

The Shadow Sword...

It went away with one final word of resonance.

Darkness...

Dargon looked down at the blade sticking out of his chest, then back at the boy in his grip. "Fool," he spoke. "No mortal blade can kill me!" Then something stirred within Dargon.

Something he hadn't felt for centuries.

Pain.

The sword in his heart hissed and burned like nothing he had experienced before. He gripped the sword and tried pulling it out, but it was no use. Then, the boy, having fallen to the ground, got up and tugged the blade out himself.

"This is no mortal blade," he spat through gritted teeth. "This is...

The Shadow Sword." With that, he stabbed Dargon yet again, but this time in the face. Dargon feel to his knees, then onto his stomach.

Tor watched as the being fell over. But then, as Tor bent to pull his sword out, the body of the creature disappeared in a cloud of black smoke.

"You may have won this time, mortal, but I shall come back.

And when I do, you will die.

I, the great Dargon, will reign over Hyrule!"

Posted

History: Not much is known about this evil sorcerer. He travels around Hyrule in times of peril, causing misery and grief to all he comes across. His true form has never been revealed, though he takes the shape of a cloaked man. Human bones hang from his belt, while a bone helmet shaped like a skull is worn on his head. He can cast spells without the use of magical objects; i.e. a wand or staff. He has been known to mess with necromancy.

Ooc: Cool. Similar to my character. He wears a dark cloak and (unknown to you yet) he uses his left index and middle fingers to cast spells. Could be weird when Tor and Esme meet my character. :o

Bic: Teto saw the boy. He hung his head, hiding his face from sight. He looked at Sanshi. She seemed a little wary of the boy. Teto looked back. "What's wrong with your eyes?" Teto asked, he wasn't so bothered about them. He was fairly naive and foolish at times. He grabbed the boy's shoulder and the boy shook himself from Teto's grip. He looked back at Sanshi and thought that maybe the boy wasn't going to show them his face.

Sanshi managed to change the subject. "Were you the one who saved me? What's your name?" she asked calmly as to make him feel secure.

"Farore." Sanshi looked confused. "Farore saved you I mean. My name is Epsil." Epsil muttered. Sanshi wasn't any less confused, though Teto seemed to believe it openly. "You- You're the heroes?" he asked after a short silence. Teto now confused too. He had heard that there were heroes arising, but did Epsil mean him too?

"Us? Heroes?" Teto asked, looking back at their odd group. "You sure?" Teto asked again. Epsil shrugged. Teto looked back at Sanshi and the wolves again before crouching closer to Epsil, whispering so the others wouldn't hear. "Farore didn't bestow her blessings upon me. Only the wolf, the girl and several we are yet to find." The boy stepped back in shock. He showed his yellow eyes with the blood red pupils. Teto lifted his head again. His expression was still covered by the raven mask with the two large, red glassed bulb-like holes. His eyes could just be made out from behind them but the colour was unclear. They seemed purple. His chin was visible from under his mask. His skin was tanned also. Epsil hung his head again, hiding his eyes.

Ooc: I'm working in a few references now that I've seen the resemblance between Teto and Dargon.

Dargon - Wears long, dark cloak like Teto.

Zant - Wears mask like Teto.

Ganondorf - Can transform into beast and is a Gerudo like Teto.

But Teto's on the side of good of course.

Also, sorry to Skull_Kid if I got Epsil's features wrong.

Posted

Esme's eyes narrowed, and a certain look gleamed in them. So, he wanted to play? She'd play. She began to summon her own magic, but...

"No..." it was shrinking, and Esme just stood there, eyes wide. How...? The sorceress was the nflung into a snow drift with a lot of force. It knocked the breath out of her. Slowly sitting up, she watched the scene unfold infront of her. Tor knowknew what he held in his hands, hopefully... He'd manage with it. When the rivel sorcerer disappeared, Esme dragged herself out of the snow, brushing her self off. "Well! Eheha! That was fun. " And approched Tor. "You alright? Hehe.." She rocked back and forth on the heels of her feet. "Yes? Good! Let's get moving..." She grinned again, picked up her lanturn, which still remained unlit, and started walking again.

She didn't both waiting to see if Tor was following. She was to lost in her thoughts. They, no, Tor had another person to worry about. Poor boy! First, his village gets pounded, then he met her, oh dear. And now another sorcerer? Fun fun fun.

"Hurry up, Tor!" She shouted back, smiling manically.

Posted

Tor stood in one place as Esme called out to him. His breathing was heavy. He simply stood there, panting, looking at the place where the sorcerer had been.

Dargon...

The name still echoed through his head. But when he had stabbed Dargon, it felt as though...

He felt happy.

For the first time since he took refuge in the Arbiter's Grounds, he was content.

For now. Tor knew now knew that his sword, the Shadow Sword... Was much more than a simple blade. It was the Blade of Light's Bane. He knew that it was poisoning him, warping his mind to its liking, but when the sheer darkness that emanated from it pulsed through his body... He felt powerful. The disappearance of Dargon was proof enough that it gave Tor unnatural power. He lifted the blade and looked at it.

I could kill Zant with this...

And I will.

Posted

OMFG! SERIOUSLY YOU GUYS, I JUST NOTICED SOMETHING! DARGON IS AN ANAGRAM OF DRAGON AND TACO_NINJA IS TOTALLY INTO DRAGONS RIGHT NOW!!!1!!1!

This can't be mere coincidence. :unsure:

There are higher powers at work here.

Posted

OMFG! SERIOUSLY YOU GUYS, I JUST NOTICED SOMETHING! DARGON IS AN ANAGRAM OF DRAGON AND TACO_NINJA IS TOTALLY INTO DRAGONS RIGHT NOW!!!1!!1!

This can't be mere coincidence. :unsure:

There are higher powers at work here.

O3O

I've always been into dragons.

Try and guess what Dargon's "true form" is.

Crap, I just gave away his whole plot line...

Posted

Well I guess we'll just have to make a thicker plot line. I'm sure it will do so by itself as we progress.

And I thought you would automatically attack me for posting that. Anyway, I know what it's like to make an RP character on impulse. Just look at Teto, he's based on the Resident Evil character in my avatar. But male of course. The character in the game is female. Also, hurry up with meeting Teto so that I can post. I'd like to see how Tor would react to meeting a Gerudo clothed like Dargon and wearing a mask like Zant's. I'm not saying that Tor will automatically notice all of this though.

Posted

[oh no! o: Dargon? Dragon? I don't believe it! ]

Esme huffed, watching Tor, then gulped. This was annoying. "Oh please. Stop making love to you Shawdow Sword with your eyes and lets go." She sounded annoyed, and the tone of voice she was usuing was something new. Something that didn't seem rather Esme-like. She must have been really... mad.

Dargon! Who did he think he was!? What a stupid sorcerer. How did he just dispell her powers like that? No one had done that before.

Esme shook her head violently. "T-ooooooooooor! Come on! Its COLD!" Her tone had resettled into her usual manic one. She was now tapping her foot impaitently. "I'll leave you behind! Then you'll be lonely!

Posted (edited)

[:unsure: Neither do I.

Oh, yeah, @Bathy, hopefully by the end of my next post we'll have caught up with Teto and such.]

Tor snapped out of his stupor as he heard Esme's voice. He shook his head and then hurried to catch up to her. "I'm coming!" he called. Then they walked into the ice-filled tunnel, and were swallowed up by the shadows.

"How are we supposed to see in here?" Tor called. It was only about a minute since they had entered the waterway, and yet all traces of light were already gone. He heard a sigh of annoyance behind him, obviously Esme. She muttered a couple of words that were inaudible to Tor, then a small ball of glowing light appeared in her palm. "Is this better?"

"Yeah, thanks. How do you do that, anyway?" Tor answered.

Edited by Taco_Ninja (see edit history)

Posted

[ Haha :] ]

Esme rolled her eyes. She forgot. People of his... kind? couldn't see well in the dark. With a flick of her wrist, a ord of light appeared in her palm. "Aww, afriad of the dark? Is this better?" She laughed, and itr echoed throughout the tunnel. Which just made it creepier.

"Yeah, thanks. How do you do that, anyway?" The boy Questioned.

".....how?" She cracked her neck a bit to the right, with another sigh. "He wants to know how... Silly silly, don't you agree?" Esme coughed with a grimance. "I'm a sorceress, have you honestly never figured that out yet? Magic, its what I do. yeah?" The orb left her hand, and just floated next to her. She placed on and firmly on her ample hip, and the other's fingers pressed on her forehead. "Anyway! Lets move faster, I... I want to get to the castle!" Her voice was whiney, and although she looked like a mature young woman, she now sounded like a child.

Posted

[OOC: Eh.. is Dargon Ganon or Zant? Or a boss from a game I haven't played.. I know there was a mage "evil" in on the of the games.. I'm kinda confused. Lol]

[sKULL KIDS FEATURES:

Average Height

Slim Figure

Ragged Skull Kid Clothes (plain (brown/tan),layered, loose, with streamer like bits hanging off it)

No hat. Curly Boots. 8D

Very Pale Skin

Straight Black Hair, uneven in places + messy

Eyes are Yellow with dark red/black pupils (see Majoras Mask)

Sub-Physical Features:

-One of the 'heroes' of time.

-Slight Green flecked with dark purple particles.

-Power activates randomly, supposedly in times of 'need' or reacting with anothers power. [mask appears while power is in use]

-Power is.. well. Powerful? However even slight usage drains Epsil.

-When using his power, Epsil is prone to loss of control and possession by Majora.

-Near aura of other heroes, Epsil's power drains him less, and his willpower/ control are higher.

-Is able to 'sense' other 'auras'. Green surrounds the 'heroes of time'. Unable to see/sense his own.

Power Features:

-Usually working through noise, or a particular song.

-"Signature' song/power is song of storms. (Therefore the lightning).]

Epsil felt something tremor.. inside? no.. it was as if something had rippled in the world..

He glanced at the others. None of them seemed to have sensed anything.

He tried to figure out the resonance... There was a hint.. of Farore. That meant maybe one or two of the heroes.. He could feel the courage pulsing through them..

But there had been something else.. something had flashed.. He grasped a tendril of what it had been.. Darkness..

Epsil sighed, he was still alone, the heroes regarded him warily and suspiciously and Farore had dissapeared... Nothing was making sense.. He let the renosance of the auras slip away.. wait. The green.. he grasped it again and shuddered. There was something else there too.. He released the aura swiftly.

One of the heroes was tainted...

[Also, with the sword, did you pick that up from.. the thing you killed before? or is it the 'empty' master sword I left in the woods..?]