The Legend of Zelda: Door to Darkness

346 posts in this topic

Posted

The beast fell, and the ghost gasped. Oh dear! Materializing, he slinked over to Subae/Teto, caution in

everymove. Gulping, He loomed over the tiger.

"Hello?" His voice was like an echo. Cold and empty, but deep. It was almost like a rumble. He could sense some sort of internal comflict within the beast. Reaching out a bony hand, he gently stroked the beasts head. The fur was soft, and the apparition smiled a little. This tiger was his link. His link to his master. Then, he loomed backwards, and waited for the beast. Surely it would understand his troubles and help the ghost.

[so um, I though because Alabaster's a ghost, he should speck in italics, yeah?]

Posted

Subae twitched and awoke. His joints felt loose and his body ached. He staggered to his feet and ambled around aimlessly, regaining his balance as strength returned to him. He turned around and saw a ghost. He simply stared for a moment and the ghost stared back.

Ooc: Yeah...

Posted

They had just entered Kakariko Village. It was quiet, nobody seemed to be outside. Rachal looked up at the sky. No wonder! It's nighttime already? Kaero and Karnil were again talking in thier wolfish tougne and Rachal looked to see if she could find the famous Kakariko Inn. It wasn't hard to find, but the darkness made it difficult to tell one building from another.

They had all entered together. She was relieved that the wolves didn't recieve to many stares. She turned to the lady at the desk in front of her. "Do you want a room?" she asked. "Yes." Rachal answered. The woman turned around and rummaged in a basket until she found a key. "Room 23." Rachal took the key and, with the wolves following behind her, she climbed the stairs and opened the door to the room.

It wasn't anything fancy, one bed and a hard wooden floor uderneath it, the curtains were shut over the window. Kaero and Karnil lay down and Rachal didn't need the strange magic to know that they were complaining. She sat down on the bed and, exausted, fell asleep at once.

Posted

Alabaster just stared at the animal, though his face was hardly visable. "Are you alright?" The apparition asked, moving forward. "Don't worry, I won't bring you harm.." He coooed softly, as if talking to a small child. He didn't seem like a threat at all! More like a kind spirit than an mischevious demon. He smiled, well, the expression he made looked like a smile atleast. "I'm called Alabaster... and yourself? You are not purely beast.. are you? No... you're somesort of man... or perhaps a monster that wears a mask?"

Posted (edited)

"I'd rather not go into it. It's complicated and I'm not quite sure myself what's going on in there. I'm sure you already know." Subae explained. Alabaster watched him and Subae merely walked away, as if he actually had a clue where he was going. He glanced around the trees and back at Alabaster. "Do you know the way to the Sacred Grove by any chance?" Subae asked hopefully.

Edit: Correcting 'Alabastor'.

Ooc: 2:22am, can't wait for you post anymore, Esme. Have to go. :<

Edited by Teto (see edit history)

Posted

[ Sorry, Teto D: ]

The ghost watched the beast loom away, and was about to follow before he glanced back at the poe. "Do you know the way to the Sacred Grove by any chance?" Asked the tiger, hopefully. Alabaster chuckled softly, floating towards the tiger. "I have an idea." And then he floated past Subae. "I apologize for having no lanturn to light the way... though I don't know why its so dark..." The apparitioon seemed to sigh, looking back at the tiger. "What was your name again? I didn't seem to catch it easlier..."

Posted

"Subae." Subae answered simply. The ghost gave something that resembled a smile, though Subae wasn't entirely sure. "About your idea," Suabe began, "how sure are you of it exactly?"

The ghost shrugged. "Fairly sure." he said looking away into the darkness. Subae followed for a second before the ghost turned back to him. "What are you going there for exactly?" Alabaster asked.

Subae hesitated before speaking. "I'm going there to find a piece of the mirror of Twilight." Subae said quickly. Alabaster looked sharply back at Subae.

Posted

"The... The Mirror of twilight?" He questioned, a hint of panic etched in his voice. This would bring him closer to finding his master but it would also put them in danger. "Subae.. the realm of twilight it dangerous, as are the beast and men that come from there... but if you wish.." He bowed with a sigh. "I shall lead you to it, my dear beast.." He striaghtned, his shoulder sagged. "If you give me fair reason as to why, I suppose."

{Blahblahvlah. I've got like, mild writiers block ]: sorry this post sucked some.]

Posted (edited)

"Well..." Subae began

[Ooc: Why are we going again? D:]

Jimmy the chimney sweep lay in the grass. He had fallen from the beast and was struggling to keep himself together. It was then he felt a hand rest on his head. He struggled to see who was there. He saw their feet but couldn't quite make out the shape or colour. He looked up again, hurting his neck in the process. Looking down at him, as his vision cleared, was a woman with slightly pale skin and a beautiful shade of purple in both her eyes and hair colour.

[Ooc: Bringing my joke character back to help keep the RP moving]

Karnil reared his head from the wooden floor of the inn. Rachal got up too. Something had alerted her and both of the wolves felt it's presence too. Rachal darted to the window to the sound of screams from the townsfolk of Kakariko. As she peered down at the sight below, she made them out. Great, black, hulking beasts chasing down civilians who fled to their homes while others were caught and taken away.

There came a knock at the door and somebody burst in. The man opened his mouth to speak but, at the sight of Rachal's horror filled face, he saw that she knew already what was going on. "Come. I and the other guests are gathering in the lobby to discuss what's going on and our arrangements. We've long been expecting this. The man seemed to take them by surprise at his odd, ill-written, behaviour. He left the room and hurried down the stairs to the lobby. Rachal gestured to the wolves to follow as she too left the room.

[Ooc: Yeah, my post sucked a bit too. :<]

Edited by Teto (see edit history)

Posted

[ yay for sucky posts!

and um, we need to get to the twilight realm to stop ganny?]

Esme giggled, hugging Jimmy. "I bet your soul taste yummy! O:< "

[lol. Skully needs to post >: ]

Posted

[Ooc: Okay, I just forgot. I haven't been on this in a while, after all.]

"Well I'm sure, since you know I am no real beast, that you would be able to pick that bit of information out of my head." Subae looked at Alabaster. His expression was somewhat sceptical. Subae sighed. "Ganondorf. We have to stop Ganondorf. I have no real clue how but Esme is the brains behind this, not I. I'm merely doing the most I can to help."

[Ooc: Yeaaaah. I can't think of nothin'.]

Posted

Alabaster just shruged, and continued to listen to Subae, untill that one name. "Esme..." He looked over, than laughed. "Esme? The brains behind it?" More laughter, the ghost could just keel over now. "You're kidding! Esme takes the easy way out of everything unless she has something to gain! A cruel woman she is.." Then, he suddenly stoped.

"How... How is she? I fear she'll get herself killed. She's rather rash.. And seeing you seem to be allied with her, I shall take you to the Sacred Groove and the piece of the Twilight mirrior."

He than started to float away, mumbling and he seems sad. "Come, dear beast... And please excuse my ingorance, but who is this 'Ganondorf?"

Posted

"I'm not entirely sure myself. All I know is... Well... I forget. :X" Subae said actually voicing the emoticon out loud.

[Ooc: Seriously, I forget how he's described in games D: Why am I even on this site?]

It was then that the God of Zeldapedia came swooping down and gave unto Subae this knowledge.

Subae perked up and quickly explained. "Ganondorf, known as the Great King of Evil or the Dark Lord, is the primary antagonist of a majority of the games in the Legend of Zelda series. Ganondorf is the king of the Gerudo tribe of the Gerudo Desert in Hyrule. As the wielder of the Triforce of Power, he staged several coups against the Royal Family of Hyrule to take the Hyrulean Throne by force. In the game manual of A Link to the Past, his full name is stated to be Ganondorf Dragmire, and his alias before his incursion into the Sacred Realm is stated to have been "Mandrag Ganon," meaning "Ganon of the Enchanted Thieves."

"Ganondorf came to power in the Gerudo tribe by means of tradition, being one of the sole male children born every 100 years. Even prior to his birth, his people were tormented by deadly sandstorms during the day, and a freezing cold that pierced their homes at night. The gentle, calm breeze that blew across Hyrule Field brought things other than suffering and ruin, and thus his longing for control over the kingdom was sparked out of a desire to bring his people to peace. However, after delving into research about the Triforce, a relic that was both omniscient and omnipotent, Ganondorf's mind was warped into believing that power was the only means to this end. Some time after aiding the King of Hyrule in unifying the land under the Royal Family's banner, he arranged a meeting with the King and became an advisor, further helping him in restoring order. In secret, however, he plotted to overthrow the King and unleash his own reign upon the land. Ganondorf turned against the King, entered the Sacred Realm and took the Triforce of Power, unleashing what history would come to call the Great Cataclysm.

"Following seven dark years of Ganondorf's rule, the Hero of Time appeared, wielding the Blade of Evil's Bane, and sealed the King of Evil away, banishing him into the corrupted Sacred Realm in a conflict history would come to call the Imprisoning War. From that day forth, Ganon has broken free, been killed, and resurrected several times, each with a new Hero appearing to confront him.

"Ganondorf's Triforce piece had granted him near-immortality; the only weapons that can harm him are the Master Sword, Silver Arrows and Light Arrows. During a massive time paradox following the Imprisoning War, the universe was severed into two separate time streams, creating two different incarnations of Ganondorf, each having met their ends at the hand of Link, leaving uncertain futures for both. Both incarnations of Ganondorf sport a chin curtain."

Alabaster nodded.

Posted

[That was so epic o: i don't think my post can top it at all.

or any post after it XD ]

Alabaster nodded. To think! He thought this Zant fellow was bad news. "Oh." He stated simply, continueing his way threw the deep darkness. This was bad, really bad. "And... and Esme? Is she well? She hasn't been causeing trouble has she? If she is, I do apologize..." Another sigh. "A cruel woman indeed..." Alabaster was silent after that, leading Subae deeper into the thick forest, grumbling. They were almost there..

Posted

It was all so easy.

It took only a simple spell from the Book to teleport Sanshi out of the Twilight Realm. She needed no assistance from the Mirror of Twilight, or even from Ganondorf. She had only to find the appropriate spell.

And even that had been effortless. Ganondorf had powers of the mind at his disposal. Being a Gerudo by blood, traces of that power were granted to Sanshi. She had only to concentrate on what she wanted; a spell to take her into the World of Light, and the pages turned themselves as if blown by a gentle breeze. When they stopped, her eyes wandered the open pages, and there she found the spell.

"Twimen......intwimennilii...."

Only moments later, she stood on a high cliff, overlooking Hyrule Field. A gust of wind blew her hair all around. It was a warm wind; Sanshi found that she was enjoying warmth and sunshine much, much more than she had thought she would. A tiny part of her subconcious wanted never to go back to the cold, dark Twilight Realm. But she pushed the voice aside. There was a job to be done.

She quickly found the next spell. A spell of seeking. She concentrated on the person she sought. Princess Zelda......

And suddenly, Zelda appeared in her mind. Sanshi could see the Princess in her mind, standing in Hyrule Field, not too far from where Sanshi stood now. Sanshi smiled to herself.

It was too easy.

With another uttered spell, Sanshi appeared, seemingly out of thin air, among the group travelling to the Heavens. There stood Zelda, as well as Epsil the Skull Kid, Esme, and an odd, green-clothed man that Sanshi had never seen before. They all stared, astonished. Then, finally, Espil spoke.

"It's Sanshi!" he seemed delighted, despite Sanshi's odd entrance, and even stranger appearance. "Sanshi's back! She's okay....." his words trailed off as Sanshi began to walked forward, slowly, and calmly. "Sanshi...?" he said in a low voice.

Sanshi strode past Epsil, past the strange man, past Epsil. She came to stand directly in front if Zelda. Zelda stared back at her, looking deep into Sanshi's now red eyes. Zelda's own eyes grew wide in realization.

"Ganondorf." she said in dismay. It was the last thing she said before Sanshi thrust her long knife into Zelda's midsection.

Esme screamed in shock, and the others were too stunned to move, let alone speak. Zelda stood for a moment, eyes wide and pupils dilated, before Sanshi yanked the blade back out. It was covered in blood. The Princess fell to the ground. She was dead.

Zelda was dead.

"That was too easy..." uttered Sanshi coldly, before vanishing nto the air once again.