Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wii release date to be announced in September

22 posts in this topic

Posted

For those people desperate to know when wii (and of course twilight princess being a release game for it) will be out, you will be slightly disapointed now. Nintendo announced at a business briefing in Tokoyo today that they would announce the release date and final price of the wii in september at the latest.

------

Of course, this could mean a variety of things, the date won't nescessarily be announced then, although it would make sense because that's when the Tokoyo games convention is. Of course this shows that it is very unlikely that the wii will be released before then, so we're now looking at an october release at the earliest.

Some people are beginning to beleive that the wii will be released in december, although releasing so late in to the christmas season would be almost suicde, so that would also seem unlikely.

For the time being however, release date rumours are all we have to go by and just to geuss when we will finally get to play twilight princess.

UPDATE: having said previously that they will shop 6 million wii's worldwide before march, they have now become slightly more specific by saying that 4 million will ship before new year's day, so that discounts any rumours of the wii slipping to next year in release date

Posted

Posted

the release date of the wii will be the same as twilight princess, yes, but nintnedo havn't announced a date themselves, plenty of people are speculating, 15 of octboer as u said there, amazon says 24 novmber i think...

But nintnedo havn't released an official date and they will be september at the latest

Posted

Omg This s

Posted

well you say 2 years of waiting, but it's only been put back 1 year from the original rleease date and nintendo only announced it two years ago, so you can hardly expect it to release it as soon as they announce it.

personally i don't mind so long as it isn't delayed any more, i don't mind waiting for what should be such a great game (and console too)

Posted

I heard that the wii will be released on october 15 same as the legend of zelda twilight princess

Posted

its for the wii as well, it's coming out on both on the same day, as i thought i said in the article...

Posted

:o Last time I heard,it was going to be released in November! :D It`s coming out sooner!! (I think.. :embarrassed: )

Posted

there's still no firm idea of when exactly its going to be out, although i remember nintnedo saying before that they wanted to get it out in amercia at least before thanksgiving (what exact day is that, i live in England <_< )

Posted

Nintendo did not say that the Wii would be realeased in september they said that they will realease that info by september

Posted

In a bit of an update, most third party devlopers are preped for an october release and industry sources have relayed that the play is to "launch the wii before the ps3".

If this is anything to go by, nintendo looks to be cutting it very fine with announcing the actual release date which could mean they also plan to unveil the final details of the console when they do the name and price.

Posted

<_< God, I hate when they have to do this, it's just plain stupid in having to wait so long. If they are really going to release Wii in September, then September better hurry up and come already, I am SO sick of waiting already. Gah, It's so frustrationg waiting and waiting....

Who thinks that we should make a petetion and DEMAND that Nintendo put out the game ASAP!?Stupid idea but it may make them work alot faster if we do. *evil mechanical laughter* :embarrassed: Oopsie, sorry I just had to do it! :P

Posted

you need to learn to wait for these things? what woulkd u rather, have it now and it be rubbish or wait until octboer and it be the best game ever, hmmm?

Posted

You are waaaayy too impatient, I think....I am dying for the game too, but still... :P

Besides, ASAP=When they already planned it. Not really gonna be changed.

Posted

oh c'mon i'm new here and your already confusing me with these released daits!!! :(