Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Shibuya Scramble

2 posts in this topic

Posted

In Morse High School Seminar, we have what we call Creative Expressions. What it is, is basically what the title implies: we use our creativity to express ourselves in any way we choose--photography, sculpture, painting, movie presentations, etc.

In addition to Tokyo Highway, I'll be presenting this, <i>Shibuya Scramble</i> (officially 渋谷スクランブル Shibuya Sukuranburu).

It's a scene depicting the ever-busy, neon-lit and crowd filled Shibuya Intersection. Its title was inspired by the world famous scramble crossing shown here. All traffic stops, and over a thousand people fill the streets at each green light, neverminding if there are still cars inside the intersection. Here's a video of pedestrian crossing in action. You also might recognize this scene from the movie Lost in Translation.

The screen on Q-Front is displaying an advertisement for iPod touch, there's a screen showing the anime Bleach (it's the animation that shows when they break to commercial), another screen advertising Wii Fit, the Starbucks (reportedly the busiest in the world thanks to the intersection) is booming with business, among other things going on in the picture. Also, in a reference to Bleach, the sign under the Wii Fit advertisement reads "Urahara Shop".

Posted

Cool!