Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DSi to North America April 5

31 posts in this topic

Posted

[center][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v472/Joshua_hatesYOU/DSiBlueBlack.jpg[/img][/center]

Nintendo has announced that it will release the Nintendo DSi in North America on April 5, 2009.

------

The Nintendo DSi, the successor to the DS Lite, will retail for $169.99 ($20 more expensive than the DS Lite) this April 5 in matte black and matte blue. The DSi is around 12% thinner than its predecessor (2.6 mm), 3.25 inch screens, as opposed to the DS Lite's 3 inches, and features two VGA cameras: one centered in the internal hinge, and another on the corner of the top cover. The DSi is also SD card compatible, but loses its compatibility with Game Boy Advance peripherals--a feature both the original DS and DS Lite had.

"Ever since the arrival of the first Game Boy, consumers worldwide have turned to Nintendo for their portable gaming," said Cammie Dunaway, Nintendo of America’s executive vice president of Sales & Marketing. “Nintendo DSi builds on Nintendo’s commitment to bringing fun and creative entertainment to everyone, and will allow consumers to personalize and share their very own experiences.”

The DSi first released in Japan on November 4, 2008 and has sold over two million units since release. DSi is scheduled for release in Australia on April 2, and a to be announced April date in Europe.
[i]
Image courtesy of [url="http://www.vooks.net"]Vooks[/url][/i]

Posted

Thats pretty interesting. And cool. Man, I wish I had enough money for anything nowdays.

Posted

yay now I get to sell my gamecube :cry: to buy this! thank god for emulators

Posted

crap!I'm not gonna have enough money by then!I was going to buy Mario Tennis new motion play controls in march,but,looks like I gotta wait

Posted

That's awesome, I bet it heats up like [spoiler]dicks[/spoiler] though.

Posted

LOL!!!

Posted

Yeah I've read... :)

But I think I'm not gonna buy it at all... if it only have a camera, menu , Internet build in , and no GBA...

I will stick with the Lite ;)

Posted

Who deleted my post?
That is so un-cool. Seriously. Don't do that.

Anyway, I stand by what I said in my previious post:
It's a waste of money. Guys, just keep your DS and buy a digital camera.
Easy as that.

Posted

Wow! This is so cool! Anybody know an effective way to break my DS so I can get this? :D

Posted

Cool. I don't think I want it though. I mean sure it's cool, but still.

Posted

What is wrong with you exactly? It is so teh shiz. It's a DS. But with a camera. What's not to like but for the certain price increase?

Posted

[quote name='Jesus' post='204785' date='Feb 19 2009, 05:08 PM']What is wrong with you exactly? It is so teh shiz. It's a DS. But with a camera. What's not to like but for the certain price increase?[/quote]
Nothing. I mean I do want it, but I just can't get it unless my other one breaks, or I get more money.

Posted

I repeat;

What is wrong with you exactly? It is so teh shiz. It's a DS. But with a camera. What's not to like but for the certain price increase?

Just break your DS. Do it now. >:(

Posted

[quote name='Jesus' post='204798' date='Feb 19 2009, 05:16 PM']I repeat;

Just break your DS. Do it now. >:([/quote]
I'd rather get a job, but I can't. I will clean my room. Muahahaha

Posted

Fuc[i][/i]k your room. Break your DS.