Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chatters Rejoice! New & Improved Fun Chat! (less mean people)

21 posts in this topic

Posted

Many of you have told me how you don't come to chat due to abuse by some chat mods as well as abusive chatters. Well no longer! We have cut the chat mods to a very select few and banned some of the problem chatters (think trolls) so the chat is new and improved! I encourage you ALL to hang out there and please give it another chance. Set your browser to join the chat and hang out while you browse the internet, chat while you procrastinate doing homework. Let's have fun in the chat without the trolls! Read on for the new mod list and some info on the bans.

------

Owner: Dustin
SOPs: Arcticfire, tropix
AOPs: SirJoshizzle, Tappy, Dreezy
HOPs: Sahaqiel (upgrade if he ever gets on more)
VOPs: AgentSnoop

Recent chat bans (until an undetermined time): DungeonMaster, Fierce_Muffin
Recent forum suspensions (3 day): Bathy
Recent forum warning and ban threats: Claire

I normally wouldn't announce this like this but it's causing major problems in the Hyrule community and looking back on it, it's been a long time coming. We have all given people a lot of chances but sometimes a line has to be drawn to prevent harming the whole community. In case there is any doubt: Purposely harassing users to make them not come to the chat or leave the site entirely (ie the harassment on specever) is not acceptable whatsoever. This is supposed to be a place where we accept people and don't harass them; a safe place.

Posted

Well I must say that is all some good improvement.

And also that we now have a special [img]http://www.hyrule.net/forum/style_images/hyrule.net/moderator.png[/img] & [img]http://www.hyrule.net/forum/style_images/hyrule.net/administrator.png[/img] bar in forums :D
I like that one, and the orange "Knights of Hyrule" thing. :)

It looks superior. :P

Thanks for all this Dustin! (& Tappy and Arcticfire!)

Posted

Why did you take away my staff forum seeing powers? :

Posted

[quote name='Dustin' post='206454' date='Feb 28 2009, 02:00 AM']Recent forum suspensions (3 day): Bathy[/quote]
Yeah, that'll really help chat. Even though I stopped trying to be mean and when I ran Specever out, that was ages ago and I've already stopped. If you've been on chat, or have been reading my more recent posts, I'm not as bad.

Why is that when I start trying to be nice and to change myself, that's when the warns flood in and I'm banned.

Also, Dustin. I can't even read the full PM you sent me about it as, guess what, I'm banned. That's something you should fix. I can't move away from the Assistant and that cuts off half the PM.

Posted

For a while there I thought I was the only one noticing them. Its good to see some bans and what not (as long as I'm not on the list!).

Posted

S:Shut the puppy fat man!
C
S:Indeed.
C
S:Indeed.
C
S:Indeed
C

Posted

C:Indeed.
S
S

C:di

doo

Posted

Stop saying:

"That was ages ago"

Look, If you kill someone, the cops will look for the one who killed that "someone"...

It can take a few days... or a few years till they find the guy who killed "someone".

Than that guy will be in Jail anyways... for a long time / for life...

No excuse... (And don't take this too high... it is just a example...)

What you've done... You've done...

Edit:
Clone guy you'll be banned... no excuse...

Posted

Your metaphors suck.

Posted

[quote name='Jesus' post='206531' date='Feb 28 2009, 03:15 PM']Your metaphors suck.[/quote]
You just didn't had to make these Clone accounts...

Of course I banned them...

You want to be next or what? :P

Posted

Of course not. But you have to admit, lemons are ace.

Posted

Pluuuuuuus, Dustin, you don't seem to get that you're only getting one side of the story, I'm also very nice. You say that I've gotten worse, when before, on the chat I used to be a dick to everyone. I've gotten better on the chat. Remember a year or so ago when I used to kick everyone and ban them? Exactly, I had SOP for, like, a month or so and I didn't even do anything with it. You also haven't seen that I've gotten nicer on the forums and the fact that I help people.

Deplorable mistake on your half.

Also, you said I can't troll on the chat, anyway, so I don't. ???

Posted

[quote name='Fierce Muffin' post='206564' date='Feb 28 2009, 11:10 AM']I'm also very nice. You say that I've gotten worse, when before, on the chat I used to be a dick to everyone. I've gotten better on the chat. Remember a year or so ago when I used to kick everyone and ban them? Exactly, I had SOP for, like, a month or so and I didn't even do anything with it. You also haven't seen that I've gotten nicer on the forums and the fact that I help people.[/quote]
All of this is true.

[quote name='Matthordika' post='206512' date='Feb 28 2009, 08:53 AM']For a while there I thought I was the only one noticing them. Its good to see some bans and what not (as long as I'm not on the list!).[/quote]
No, you're just the only one who lets them get to you.
Then again, this [i]is[/i] the internet. It's serious business.

Posted

I'm sure we all know my opinion.

Posted

Well I'm TRYING to log on right now and it SAYS Java, but, nope, no login.