Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Elf gear theories.

9 posts in this topic

Posted

1.Theory of the hats, why the point?

2.Theory of the shirt kilt, why just a long shirt not pants(while a kid)?

3.Theory of the shoes, would an elf really wear an animals skin?....i doubt it.

4.Theory of the pouch, can it fit larger then capacity items in many times over?(eg. Santa's sac)

5.Extended theories, add whatever i missed and discuss.

My thoughts on the subject

1.Aerodynamics is one purpose. It was made to keep his long hair in, like the pouch, a magic hat that could hold far more then it's seen capacity.

2. I think just for unrestrained leg movement, maybe he only could afford that shirt being an orphan and all also.

3. I think he probably wore stockings, like most elfs and as a kid before he could afford stockings, bare feet.

4. I think the hat and the pouch were similar in that fact, yes.

Post at your pleasure any theories on elf gear you may have or wish to convey.

thank you for reading my post, forgive me if I am lazy with grammar.

Posted

I have just one thing to say... Link isn't an elf. I think the outfit is just old Hylian culture.

Posted (edited)

Do you think he would be abandoned with such a hat and attire if he were not an elf. I thought it was common knowledge he was an elf, the fairy, the hat, being abandoned in a forest not a town. Where in Hyrule or highland do you find people with similar attire anyways?

Edited by I_am_Link (see edit history)

Posted

Oh my god.

That was the worst piece of shit I have seen anyone ever theorise (spelling) about.

Posted

I'm so tired of people calling him an elf. Hylians are not elves regardless of the pointed ears. Just because you see pointy ears doesn't mean that the person is an elf. My friend Anna has a pinted ear with a point due to birth defect. Does that make her an elf? I think not.

Hylians have pointed ears because, according to folklore, the ears hear the gods. Hylians, supposedly being the closest beings to the gods, would have these ears to hear them. Not because they're little hippie elves.

Also, since when was the stereotypical elf supposed to have a fairy? If they are, then please note that Link doesn't always have a fairy.

Elf or no, please call him a Hylian. I loathe the term being used for Link or any other Hylian, and apparently others do, as well, because Arcane pointed out that Link wasn't an elf. It's only common knowledge that Link is an elf until you talk to people who know otherwise.

Posted

Do you think he would be abandoned with such a hat and attire if he were not an elf. I thought it was common knowledge he was an elf, the fairy, the hat, being abandoned in a forest not a town. Where in Hyrule or highland do you find people with similar attire anyways?

If you can find a reliable source that says "only elves can have pointy green hats and live in the forest with fairies", then I'll buy into this.

Also, Link has never once been called an elf in any game or other form of media I've seen, canon or not. Link is Hylian (or Hyrulian in the case of MC), and he's actually been called "human" in the games, and is thus undeniably more human than elf, no matter what your viewpoint is.

Also, who said anything about anyone dressing in similar attire? Notice how I said his outfit is probably "old Hylian culture". Do Scottish people walk down the city streets in kilts? No. They wear more modern clothes, but they still have old culture. Also, there are occasionally people dressed like Link. For instance, Tingle.

Posted

how about i call him the hyliander since it is my personal theory the highlander was based on some epic of his. And excuse me, i know the elf thing is too stereo typical that would be like calling a volcan from star trek an elf, which i would maybe you see spock probebly isn't as an actor as graceful as a pure logic being as probebly most of the volcanic race meaning they were great forgers in volcanos and probebly really hot see volcanization in the dictionary. I think your right about the Hylian people being close to gods with pointed wars, i meant ears but who isn't to say with how old the story of link is telling by the ruins and the places described that elfs may be a breed of hylians that later left or perfected some way of living. Mind also that maybe santa is like an adopted parent and the north pole is where lost elf children go or maybe as an immortal race they are still young so most are small, maybe this maybe that there are many theories. What i want to know is what do you dislike about the stereo types about elfs that turns you off from saying link is one, or is it just because you would say a volcan is not an elf type thing. Note that it goes both ways i could be saying the hylians are elfs , elfs are hylian.

Side note did you know, now forgive me for saying this, there was a people at a time that split themselves in two. One half the half their full conciousness was in would carry all of their choosen attributes coolness in face of danger etcetra, they under a great leaders wise instruction all did the ritual together as a community, that community was known as elf they liked living in towers and high places for their fear of hights was gone as well, anything irrational. The ritual was a complete success they lived along time seperated and while they slept lived the other lives, the other half of them became dwarfs that went underground and did all the opposite, but being that the other side found out the dwarf race was ruined they came out of the ground and showed they had the curage to face all fears and became the most fearsome with very advanced adrenaline glands for their hearts always got pumping mad about anything. Its really quite a story, i think they should incorperate it into the link story or have like an anti link game, later link makes friends with his other self and they do a rebirth together to grow up like twins also known as pot and pan, the story goes both played in the kitchen they had pots and pans and being opposite one choose pot the other choose pan the pot fit better so pot wore his on longer. It's a true story pot is what you call mariwana or weed because of this guy, he wore the pot all the way into highschool and smoked it before anyone did, back in their day pot was a marriage drug that pan would like never smoke and was super sensitive in ways to it but pot was the opposite and loved it. Since he is link and this is links earth he started the trend of pot smoking in high schools actually going and smoking people up and setting up dealers. well enough bable, I agree he is not the stereo type about elves but not all they say of elfs are untrue.

soory you can skip the long reply if you want here is my short answer. I believe you are correct he is hylian, hylian are like humans, but also i am saying the hylians could be the start of the elf culture what with him always learning more and more magic. Also at the rate of his return to childhood he'll be over a million before he stays grown up for good if ever. If you knew the stroy of the elfs i'm pretty sure they are just at the point before they are called elves they didn't fear hights so they lived in highlands or hylands or hyrule.

Side point you know how those masks can make him transform, well he looks elf already and has magic plus if he learns from the masks then he could easily just change into an elf oneday and change back human at will therefore become an elf.

I gotta get me a long green tea shirt and a belt hahahaha thats all a poor orphane was given

Posted

Ok. That was really random, and strangely reminiscent of Terry Brook's book, The Sword of Shannara... The Shannara books sound right up your alley.

Anyways, I don't really see how this applied to the topic...

Posted (edited)

Hey, dude, I'm all for theorizing, but I have to tell you, these things aren't theorizable subjects. Each of the threads you've pumped into our quiet forums are nothing but cries of ignorance. I really don't know what to tell you. For one, they're not considered "elves", their race is called, "Hylian".

This forum isn't for threads like "is Link Santa Claus" or some other random thoughts like that. I suggest you either pick up and play, pay attention to, and think about, legitimate Zelda titles and read topics that AREN'T locked like 100% of the ones you have here. I'm about to start raising your warning level.

If I see another thread like this, I will assume you're trolling and delete all your topics here and warn you.

As some added trivia, it's not a shirt/skirt, whatever, it's called a tunic. Familiar characters such as Marth and Ike wear these in Brawl if you get the chance to see them.

Affording something doesn't really apply to this and neither does your concept of "elves" because they're not called elves and even if they were, they are under behavioral circumstance of whatever Nintendo, not other fantasy writers, give them.

Link is not completely proven an orphan in the sense his parents may or may not be dead.

Link is the only Hylian recorded to my knowledge, to have worn those white leggings. Most others dress in normal everyday clothing.

In all seriousness, stop making up random nonsense things. There's a fan fiction section you can go to to do things like that.

Sahaqiel

Edited by Sahaqiel (see edit history)