Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

100 million DS units shipped

9 posts in this topic

Posted

Nintendo has just announced that it has shipped the 100 millionth DS unit worldwide.

------

This count includes the DS Lite and the new DSi. As the original DS was first released in late 2004, this makes for around 25 million sold each year, making it the fastest selling console in history.

"Consumers have shown their love for Nintendo DS -- 100 million times over," said Reggie Fils-Aime, president of Nintendo of America. "We are grateful that people of all ages continue to respond to our products, and we will continue to look for ways to please current gamers and create new ones."

Furthermore, DS software has proven to be equally successful; 83 titles have exceeded one million copies in sales, with seven passing the 10 million mark. [i]Nintendogs[/i] is currently the DS' best selling title, with over 15 million units sold.

Posted

Cool. In about 51 weeks or so I'll have enough money for the DSi, Pokemon Platnem, and a new action replay. Though my parents might buy me the DSi for my birthday. So yay.

Posted

I still play on an original...

Posted

Wow, thats cool. I've got an original DS, but I can't play it anymore because I've lost the charger :( But I have got a new job, so a new DSi will be mine soon!

Posted

well time to dust off that old sd card

Posted

Coolio.

YLA: You do realize that 51 weeks is about a year, right?

Posted

[quote name='Arcanelord' post='209745' date='Mar 11 2009, 10:02 PM']Coolio.

YLA: You do realize that 51 weeks is about a year, right?[/quote]
He's probably narrowing down the terms to make the wait seem shorter.

Posted

yipee!Can't wait to get 1!I should have enough money 1 or 2 days after it was released

Posted

[quote name='Arcanelord' post='209745' date='Mar 12 2009, 12:02 AM']Coolio.

YLA: You do realize that 51 weeks is about a year, right?[/quote]
I know. It was a joke. I still might get it for my birthday if I'm lucky though.