Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

A question about events past

7 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I was browsing thru the old topics here, and saw that a user by the SN of Hyrule Boy started to create a GB version of Majora's Mask to be played on the PC.

My questions---

Did he ever finish?

He hasn't been active in over a year. Does anybody know how to contact him now/anymore?

(Only anser if the answer to the first question is no) Why didn't he finish the project? Do you think he'd hand over the files to someone willing to give him credit for what he has done, and finish it?

I really want to know, because I think it is a GREAT idea, and I'd hate to see it fail. :cry:

And does anybody know what program he was using to create the game, in the event that I can't find him or the finished project?

Edited by Yuna_Rikku_Paine_Fanboy!! (see edit history)

Posted

Never heard of him, or his project. Sorry.

Posted

Never heard of him, or his project. Sorry.

*throws head the side like Napoleon Dynamite* Dang it, Kip!! You ate all the friggin' chips! xD

Posted

Last time I heard he had given up on the project.

Sorry :zelda:

Posted

Last time I heard he had given up on the project.

Sorry :zelda:

:cry::cry::cry:

That's what I was afraid of. Do you know anything else about it? Like what program he used, or how I can contact him now?

Posted

I hope you know what you're in for if you decide to take on this project; If you haven't done any forms of scripting, spriting, etc. then this is going to be harder than you can imagine. Do what I did; If you're a beginner game designer, start out slow. Go with easy-to-edit games like Pokemon Ruby or Leaf Green, and become familiar with tools like PokeScript, Advanced Map, and stuff of the like. Then move on to more difficult things.

If you're a veteran designer, then ignore all that. If you like, however, and you do decide to start this up again, I can be your grammar editor. That's one of my few strengths when it comes to helping people out.

Which isn't very often...

Posted

I hope you know what you're in for if you decide to take on this project; If you haven't done any forms of scripting, spriting, etc. then this is going to be harder than you can imagine. Do what I did; If you're a beginner game designer, start out slow. Go with easy-to-edit games like Pokemon Ruby or Leaf Green, and become familiar with tools like PokeScript, Advanced Map, and stuff of the like. Then move on to more difficult things.

If you're a veteran designer, then ignore all that. If you like, however, and you do decide to start this up again, I can be your grammar editor. That's one of my few strengths when it comes to helping people out.

Which isn't very often...

I already have a program that can create games like Pokemon and stuff. I know spriting pretty well, my only weakness is spriting from total scratch, but I can get help with that when/if I need it.

The only thing you mentioned that I haven't done is scripting, but I know somebody who is a total code monkey when it comes to programming things, and he has an interest in games like I do, so I have that covered if the need arises.

Plus, if any needs come up that I can't fulfill, there's people at the various forums I go to that do almost anything imaginable. I'm sure I could convince them to help me.