Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Stars = Point?

4 posts in this topic

Posted

Just a rumor, but it has been suggested the Nintendo UK VIPs can use their stars as points in the Wii Shop channel, I don't know whether there is a similar system in the USA of anywhere else but...

I will dig and see if I can find anything to confirm this.

Posted

I have found proof, Eurogamer has an article on it. Stars can be used to buy points in the stars catalogue, Though it is uncertain how many points you get per star.

Posted

although its a bit confusing, it sounds like a good idea :)

Posted

Just something for any americans who don't know about the stars system in the UK, when you buy a game or console, you get a star card with it with a unique pin, normally 500 for a console and 250 for a game. These stars can then be registered onto your account on the Nintendo UK website and before could be used to buy mobile phone stuff, wallpapers, icons and other relatively pointless things, although every once in a while, they sold a batch of 200 or so games on there, basically you could spend your stars to get them while stocks lasted, although they were relatively expensive (4000 stars i think)

Luckily, they have said that they're soon going to add the option of converting stars to wii points to use to download software and old games from the virtual console, this is mentioned in a news article on the site, they will also allow you to claim stars for virtual console downloads (which seems somewhat counter productive, spend stars to get them!)

The wierd thing is i linked my account on the main site(if you set your country to UK on the wii, it's asks for your Nintnedo UK account name and password if you want to link it), now shows that i've bought a couple of VC games and it's only from the wii telling it directly, so it shows the system is somewhat in place already.