Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Fierce Deity Link

14 posts in this topic

Posted

What's everyone theory on him? I think of him maybe as a God of War or something......maybe because he has a partial resemblance to the Dark Interlopers who later became the Twili in The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. It could perhaps be that the Fierce Deity was a war god that the Interlopers worshiped before they were banished to the Twilight Realm. Since he would have aided his worshipers during their war against the other races of Hyrule, he too would have been punished. In his case, the Goddesses sealed him away in a mask.

That's just my theory what's your's?

Posted

That's actually pretty good... I can definitely see the similarities between FD and the Interlopers and it could make sense that they'd be connected.

Posted

I like your Theory,

I think Fierce Deity, not Link per say, but the god that the mask resembles and transforms people into, is the opposite of Majora, Fierce Deity being the Good one ,and Majora The bad.

Posted

You have to have proof to back up your theory, or it's not allowed.

Please understand, it's just a thing to help reduce clutter and make good examples for future theorizers.

Don't make a thread in the theory section asking about other peoples' theories.

Sahaqiel

Posted

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, It does have merit. And Saha, this is the 'theories' forum, do you really need proof! Do you need somebody in the series to say "oh, the fierce deity mask is a mask that a god of war that the dark interlopers worshipped was sealed in"?

Posted

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, It does have merit. And Saha, this is the 'theories' forum, do you really need proof! Do you need somebody in the series to say "oh, the fierce deity mask is a mask that a god of war that the dark interlopers worshipped was sealed in"?

No kidding, Sahaqiel. It's simply a place for people to discuss their THEORIES. Theories are little tidbits of a story that CANNOT be directly proven, but certain aspects of the storyline allow theories to make sense.

As for your theory, I think I do remember thinknig vaguely of the Fierce Deity Mask when seeing the Dark Interlopers.

But I've heard another theory that neither Majora and Oni (fierce deity) are evil or good, they simply hate each other's guts.

Posted

Fierce Deity Link is Young Link when he puts on the mask to kill Majora faster. XD

Serioiusly though I heard that Fierce Deity or Oni or whatever you want to call it is like God to the Termainians. Majora is like the devil.

Posted

in the original manga for majoras mask, fierce diety link (this is thousands of years before majoras mask) found a big boar like creature called majora, he slayed it because mojara danced for eternitery and he wanted to rest. so made fierce diety link kill him and carve the reamins into a mask. sooo FD link mask's origins came from that version of the hero that wasent ever mentionedsweat.gifdizzy.gif

Posted

I don't think Majora is evil, it's his mask that's evil.

Posted

^But wouldn't Majora's spirit be locked up inside the mask?

Posted

in the original manga for majoras mask, fierce diety link (this is thousands of years before majoras mask) found a big boar like creature called majora, he slayed it because mojara danced for eternitery and he wanted to rest. so made fierce diety link kill him and carve the reamins into a mask. sooo FD link mask's origins came from that version of the hero that wasent ever mentionedsweat.gifdizzy.gif

Yes however the manga is not cannon in other words its not directly linked to the creators of majoras mask and thus not reliable or correct.

Posted

^But wouldn't Majora's spirit be locked up inside the mask?

no i think just his anger and resentment is. from what i can tell he was just a sad little child that no one would play with. [i think he said something about his mask being weak.]

Posted

he said his mask was weak?

Posted

no majora said "you have only weak masks" when you talk to him.