Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Zelda Spirit Tracks Discussion

14 posts in this topic

Posted

What are your theories on Spirit Tracks? Timeline, story and stuff. I think it might take place before Wind Waker and will explain about the great flood.

Posted

Well as long as this game is a DREAM then it will go after WW seeing as trains came before boats and they found new Hyrule.

Posted

Well as long as this game is a DREAM then it will go after WW seeing as trains came before boats and they found new Hyrule.

Since when were trains invented before boats?

Posted

Trains were made in the 1800's and boats were around a lot longer before.

Posted

Yeah for us. This is Hyrule not the U.S.

In my opinion I agree, I think this Hyrule before the flood.

Posted

What are you talking about? It doesn't even look like Hyrule.

Posted

Maybe not. But it is their version of it. But with train tracks everywhere.

Posted (edited)

I'm convinced it's Hyrule post-flood. Remember how at the end of WW Tetra and Link went off in search of a new land above the waters that they would make their "New Hyrule" or "land they can make their own" like the king at the end of WW said?

I just finished watching a video on gametrailers.com, and in one of them I saw Princess Zelda/Tetra wearing the same garb you see her wearing when she's revealed as Zelda in WW. She's also reading a letter/document that appears to be written in Hylian. Which I thought was kinda weird cuz didn't the Hylian language "die out" once the land was flooded? Y'know, how Jabun, Valoo, the Great Deku Tree and the Red King are the only ones able to remember/speak ancient Hylian? My only guess on that is somehow Tetra/Zelda learned to speak/read/write in Hylian between WW and ST, and in that time period was also able to "re-educate" their new civilization into how to speak and understand a forgotten language?

PS. On a side note, I wonder how long it'll take for the "Theory Police" to read this and come shut me down...

Edited by DorkLink (see edit history)

Posted

who is to say that he doesnt/didnt dream the future being as a post-WW state?

this game, if it is a dream, will be difficult to place in the time line. maybe if we had some of the references to characters or heroes in the game we may be able to place it better.

Posted

who is to say that he doesnt/didnt dream the future being as a post-WW state?

this game, if it is a dream, will be difficult to place in the time line. maybe if we had some of the references to characters or heroes in the game we may be able to place it better.

I'd rather see a different way for them to do the story instead of it being "just a dream" or "time fixes everything". It almost feels like a slap in the face to play a game, go through all the story and see whatever events that happen, and then hit the ending only to have everything you've done wiped out (in case of time travel, change the future) or waved off like it never happened (dreams).

I'm not saying I hated OoT's time travel function or Link's Awakening's "wake from a dream" ending, I enjoyed it cuz it was a "new" concept for Zelda games at the time, but to be honest I really don't think I could take another Zelda with a story that finishes like other previous titles, for example Link's Awakening with everything being a dream and then some godly whale wakes up and it's like it never happened; or at the end of PH where they find out they were only gone for 10 mins and assume they were just dreaming (yes, but I know you see Linebeck's ship in the distance after the "dreaming" bit).

Now if it was something like dreams affecting reality ala Freddy Krueger, that'd be cool. Some entity or whatever invading Link's thoughts while he sleeps, and making his dreams reality. Link dreaming about finding a new world for him, Tetra, the pirates and the rest of the ocean civilization? And then the entity making it real? That'd be cool.

Posted

i dont get it why does nintendo get the idea of giving link a whip is he Idiana Jones or something

Posted (edited)

i dont get it why does nintendo get the idea of giving link a whip is he Idiana Jones or something

Let's be honest, a whip isn't the oddest item/weapon Link's ever had in his inventory. The Spinner comes to mind (Beyblade anyone?), the Ball 'n' Chain (big, bulky 'n' slow).. just to name a couple. And it's not like Link's never used a whip-like weapon before, we saw that with the Grappling Hook and how Link used it to swing over gaps too wide to otherwise jump over.

And another thing I don't quite follow; if Hyrule's been flooded for centuries prior to the events of WW, that's a long time that the world's been underwater. And then after PH 100 years later, all of a sudden a large, dry land-mass just pops up out of nowhere? Hm.

Edited by DorkLink (see edit history)

Posted (edited)

i think it's pre-flood cause there was land and a lot of it then there is a chance that it's post-flood cause the seas do subside and it's all screwed up and eroded and rusty and dirty eventually King Harkinian rebuilds it and calls it new hyrule and the whip ain't so bad it was used a long time ago i think the weirdest weapon link had was the spinner thing in TP

Edited by TriforceLink (see edit history)