Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

the split time line

11 posts in this topic

Posted

ever herd of the split timeline thorie?

where in oot Zelda send Link back to live his past and there was no hero of time?

I realized that it was fake the seconed that link was sent back he would have been back next to zelda or he would have told the king and gannondorf would be banshied.

also in the begning of oot (or was it the ott manga) when link finds Zelda gannondorf seems to recanize link. Maybe OOT was one of the last ones and gannondorf remembers him from lttp or tp or 4sa.

my othe rthorie is that lttp was either first on the time line or seconed to last. Because it seems that either the master swoord turned into the 4 sword or the 4 sword turned into the master sword.

Posted

Hm I don't know what I think about it.

Also it must've been the manga you're thinking of. When they first meet Ganondorf just thinks that Link is a useless kid.

Posted

ever herd of the split timeline thorie?

where in oot Zelda send Link back to live his past and there was no hero of time?

I realized that it was fake the seconed that link was sent back he would have been back next to zelda or he would have told the king and gannondorf would be banshied.

also in the begning of oot (or was it the ott manga) when link finds Zelda gannondorf seems to recanize link. Maybe OOT was one of the last ones and gannondorf remembers him from lttp or tp or 4sa.

my othe rthorie is that lttp was either first on the time line or seconed to last. Because it seems that either the master swoord turned into the 4 sword or the 4 sword turned into the master sword.

Ocarina of Time is the officially beginning of the Zelda timeline. I'm pretty sure the bigwigs at Nintendo have already confirmed this.

And yes, the split timeline does exist. A child, and an adult timeline. In one timeline, the Hero of Time goes missing from Hyrule, Hyrule falls into a land of ruin on the verge of being taken over by a released Ganondorf, the land is flooded, hence Wind Waker begins. This is the timeline that happened once Adult Link was sent back to his own timeline at the end of OoT. With Adult OoT Hero of Time gone, there's no one to fill the role of the Hero... until WW Link is found and takes on his trials to become a new Hero... the Hero of Winds.

In the other timelime, with child OoT Link, when he's sent back to his time he's sent with a foreknowledge of what Ganondorf is capable of; Link rats him out and Ganondorf is arrested and sentenced to death for plotting to overthrow Hyrule and turn it into a land of chaos. They can't kill Ganondorf because the Triforce of Power is mysteriously still bonded to him, Ganondorf kills the Water Sage, and they're forced to banish him into the Twilight Realm. Thus, Twilight Princess starts.

I've always wondered though... OoT is the Hero of Time, WW is the Hero of Winds... what would TP Link be? Hero of Light?

Posted

I do disagree with WW Link being the new Hero of Time

Um I'm sure that TP Link was announced in the game the Hero of Twilight.

Posted

Ya I couldn't recall if it was Hero of Light or Twilight... I thought Light at first because he was trying to bring light back to Hyrule... but Hero of Twilight makes sense too. I was gonna say that for my second guess, but it didn't sound right at the time cuz I thought Link was trying to save Hyrule, not the Twilight Realm... but you can't save Hyrule without saving the Twilight Realm too I guess since they're both connected in a way.

Posted

Yeah. Because he saved Hyrule from the Twilight and he also saved the Twilight Realm.

Posted

Ok cool that makes more sense. Is he called the Hero of Twilight at the end of the game? I can't remember at the moment. I'm playing through again though and I can't remember if I've seen him receive that title yet or not :(

Posted

Not sure. I haven't played it since January.

Posted

Link isn't given a "Hero of ___" title in TP, but the light spirits call him "The Hero chosen by the Gods" at least four times.

Posted

Yeah, he's right. I checked the game script of Gamefaqs, and sure enough, no mention of either Hero of Light or Twilight... just Hero chosen by the Gods.

That kinda sucks. TP Link was kickass, why can't he get a unique "Hero of 'X'" title? Sure, the Hero of Time and Hero of Winds were chosen by the Gods too, but at least they had cool titles to flash around :P

Posted (edited)

So like, Eiji Aonuma confirmed this back in TP's development.

Locking.

Incidentally, Link was never given a title in TP.

He was just Link, I recall.

Sahaqiel

Edited by Sahaqiel (see edit history)