Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Zelda Classic

20 posts in this topic

Posted

Settra, jpeg's fail...

Upon seeing this, I am greatly impressed. c: It is far better than any maps that I have ever concieved while I mated with ZC. If that entire thing is Castle Town, it appears to be very large. I do not know if I recommend this size, I feel as if it is too big. Also, I don't like how the sprites are from a variety of seperate Zelda games, I can see some pure GameBoy sprites, while seeing LTTP sprites. I even spot some custom sprites. While you do pull them off very well in specific areas, I find that less appealing.

If it is a relatively short game, however... Probably one that only focuses around a particular area (Castle Town, in this case), then it's size and variety of land types are fine with me.

There are very few errors that I can actually come across, and they were things that I couldn't notice right away. It required further inspection. Such as the stone pavement in the middle section of town. In SOME of the stone pavement area corners, you have included a tile in which there is a stone simply in a corner of the tile. While in other positions that also seem deserving of this particular set of tiles, do not have it.

I wish you luck with this game. c: The mapping is really done well. Hopefully, your game will be as well. o: Don't be afraid to post your game on the site if it's ever finished.

Posted

Makes me wish I knew jack crap about making Flashes or Games.

Posted

Settra: Nice job, but it's rather large. It'll be slower to load that whole thing, and walking around would be a pain, and you could get lost. In games like these, it's recommended that town areas are small and to the point. Not to say that you can't have extra things, just don't get too carried away. But then again, what do I know? Knock yourself out. :)

Posted

Makes me wish I knew jack crap about making Flashes or Games.

Same... But with ZC, you really don't require all the knowledge for that. o:

Posted

I used to love this program. I created three games on it (a ZII:TAoL remake, a TAoL backstory game, and a completely original game) but I never posted any of them for some reason.

Now I'm into RPG Maker and find it MUCH more useful.