Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

LoZ: The Power of Dreams

5 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Chapter one: the end of the world

Link was running. He didn't know where, it was too dark, but it seemed dark and damp, and the ground was smooth, like a tunnel.

The 14-year-old boy couldn't see what was chasing him, but he could hear it, and tell that it was big. He was groping on the walls, trying to find a way out, soon he felt his hand go into nothingness and flung himself to the right. He felt the creature rush past, not noticing it's prey had escaped.

Suddenly light was everywhere and he was floating in the Sacred Realm. The symbols of the sages dark, and Rauru was hovering over him. He was on his back against the Triforce symbol.

"Link." Rauru said, in his deep, commanding voice.

"Yeah?" Link replied, with his light, normally cheery voice.

"You must be called upon to save Hyrule again, but this time, you will not have the Master Sword."

"Wait, aint I dreaming right now?"

"Yes, we are losing power, I only had the ability to reach you in a dream."

"So, what's hitting this time? Ganondorf?"

"No, it is a man named Roredel. He has the power over dreams, to make them real. That creature that was attacking you? If it had caught you, you'd be dead." The fat man heaved a great sigh. "You must gather the pieces to a sword, the Dream Sword, there is rhe Hilt, the Blade, the Magic, the Anvil. It will allow you to negate his powers, he can instantly put you to sleep. But even then, we do not know what other powers he holds."

"So where do I start?"

"You must leave the land of Hyrule and go north, south, east, west. There is to the east, past Death Mountain is a snowy mountain, from there, you must find the lone Kokiri tribe, they are the ones who have left the forest, that is you first destination, they hold the hilt of the dream sword. I will now awaken you, be wary of your dreams, hero..."

As Rauru's voice faded, so did the Sacred Realm.

Link gasped and sat up straight in bed. He still felt like he was in that coridor of stone, he was sweating the same way. He stood up, his blonde locks falling over his sea-blue eyes. His green tunic was on, he quickly changed into a new tunic and stepped through the curtain to his front porch. He clipped on his belt and sword and sheild on his way out.

"Hi Link!"

"Oh god, it's her..."

Saria, the Forest Sage was right beneath him. He honestly thought she was a stalker.

"Um, hi, Saria..."

"I'm guessing Rauru told you?"

"Yeah, and I better get started, so... BYE!"

Link jumped over Saria and through the tunnel into Hyrule.

Chapter 2: Town Life for our Hero

"Ho! Link!"

Link was running through the big, open space that was Hyrule field.

"Yeah, running man?" Link asked the bunny hood-wearing man.

"Just wanted to say HO! And gotta GO!" The man ran off.

"Nut..." Link muttered, entering the Hyrule Castle town gates as night fell....

He needed somewhere to sleep, so he decided to look in some of the new buildings, he had 200 rubies, and that should be enough.

He entered a place marked "Hyrule Stay!" Not exactly the most amazing name, but it sounded okay. The young boy entered the place and put fifty rubies on the table.

"Is this enough for a room and breakfast?" Link asked.

In the small entryway, there was a man behind a counter. The man looked about 40, with short black hair to his shoulders and a large build.

"Yes, Mr....."

"Link."

"Mr. Link, well, head up to your room."

"Thank you." Tomorrow Link would spend some time resting and getting supplies in the town, then at about noon head east.

Link awoke and dressed with an extra tunic he left in the dresser across the room. There was a small bedside table and a window both next to the bed.

He left the room and waved at the man he knew now as Barls.

"Nice stay, Link?"

"Yeah, thanks Barls."

"No problem, have a good day now."

"You too."

Link decided to have a bite to eat before he left on his journey.

As he finished and moved to leave, another giant man moved to block his way.

"Can I help you?" Link asked, hand moving to his sword...

"Yow mast comes wit mah." The man replied, his face covered.

"Don't count on it." Link slid under the giant and pulled out his sword.

The man was fast, and spun and knocked Link to the ground.

"AH!" Link yelled.

"Is willz-" the creature fell forward on him and he pushed it off.

A young man of about 20 was standing above him with a blue-bladed sword and a red hilt, with black hair to the small of his back, and a long cloak to his feet.

"I am Bearga," the young man said in a quiet voice, holding his hand out to Link. "That was a close shave."

Link took the hand and pulled himself up.

"Link, thank you."

Link walked over to the giant, removing the hood to reveal.....an empty hood. A shiver ran up Link's spine.

A nightmare creature from Roredel, he thought to himself.

"What brings such a young one here?" Bearga said in that low voice.

"I am on a quest, would you like to come along?"Link replied, throwing caution to the winds.

"Certainly," Bearga muttered.

"Okay, first stop, is the snowy mountains beyond Death Mountain.

"Let us leave."

They set out from the castle town, and set off east, to begin the journey....

I put this on another site, I will post new chapters every time I post one on THAT site.

Edited by zeldamaster17 (see edit history)

Posted

It's really good. Nice story. I can't wait for the next part. :D

Posted

Thanks, ILL. Next chapter will be out soon. (hopefully)

Posted

Chapter 3:

The man Bearga had excepted so willingly, Link felt odd, as if the man was hiding something....

They were on the tip of the Death Mountain Trail, with its winding road and deep drop.

"Gods it's hot up here...." Link muttered as he and Bearga stood at the drop, looking at the other side which felt a mile away over that 50-foot incline straight down.

"How will we get across?" Bearga asked.

"Simple, my good friend," Link replied, withdrawing his hookshot from his magical pocket and shooting himself over. "Catch." Link tossed it back over and Bearga shot across like he owned one himself.

"Neat toy, let us move on," the older of the two said without emotion, climbing up first.

So this is the boundary of Hyrule, the hero of time thought to himself. I wonder what is next...

As they crossed the small hill, they stopped dead in awe. Beyond the hill was a huge tundra, and they were on top of a large mountain which seemed to go down and end at the tundra. The vast space of ice was incredible.

Link ran forward first, running down the mountain with his older companion seemingly walking but still managing to keep up with the young Hylian.

They soon stumbled across a cave as night drew near and decided to camp out the night, but were surprised at what they saw....

There were about fifty Kokiris all around a large fire, with the meat of some animals roasting, and it made Link drool. But Bearga remained un-phased.

"Excuse us?" he asked.

All the Kokiri looked startled and hid their faces in fear, except the largest who was tending the fire. This Kokiri was obviously the leader and was about 4'5, only a few inches shorter than Link.

"What do you want, Hylian? Though you wear the clothes of our kin, young one, you are not one of us, it is clear by your height that you are not Kokiri."

"You are right," Link said."I was raised by the Kokiri of the Forest."

"And I am Bearga of the Gerudo," Bearga chimed in.

Link gasped. Was this to be the new Gerudo King? But weren't males only born every thousand years?

"Okay, I see the truth in your eyes," the large, red haired, freckled face Kokiri replied. "I am Merthly. We will allow you to share our dinner and cave, there is enough to go around."

"Actually, I wish to ask you something," Link said to Merthly. "May we speak outside?"

Merthly nodded and called a small, white-haired Kokiri to tend the fire. Link approached Merthly when they were both outside.

"Do you know of the Dream Sword?"

"Yes, I have heard of it....it is a story passed down from the elders," the Kokiri sighed. "The Hilt is supposedly supposed to be carried with my tribe, it was moved to a safe place with a magical guardian to protect it-"

"HOLD UP! YOU MEAN I HAVE TO GO THROUGH ANOTHER SET OF TEMPLES?!?" Link interrupted.

"Another?"

"I am the Hero of Time, I guess I better get to work, where is this Temple?"

"East, but you can't plan to go tonight?!? You must rest here and leave tomorrow."

"Right, well, we need sleep and food, is it almost ready?"

"Yes, I think so," Merthly hurried back inside, and Link followed.

Ugh, I knew there was more than what Rauru let on... Link thought to himself. What have I gotten myself into?

NEW CHAPTER YAY!

Posted

Dude. In OoT one of the Kokoris tell you that if they leave the forest they'll die.