Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Habitat

2 posts in this topic

Posted

The Earth was dying, the pollution humanity dumped was slowly killing it. Finally the Waring nations set aside their differences and worked together to create "Habitat" a massive spacecraft made up of Enviro-Spheres, moon size recreations of Earth like locations. As the world died humanity struck out for the stars looking for a new planet to call home...but something went wrong.

As each subsequent generation took over knowledge of "Habitat" slowly vanished until it was no more than Legend.

Now 350 years after it's launch "Habitat" is dying as it's powercores dwindle. But for the citizens of "Habitat" it is darkest before the dawn.

Posted

Chapter One: A strange discovery

In a darkened area a screen flickers to life. "Self scan in progress" flashing across it. "Systems critical, complete overhaul required". Those words wait for a few minutes then fade away. "Scanning bridge area." The space lights revealing Skeletons strewn about. "Command crew deceased, atmospheric disruption detected." The screen turns off, then abruptly turns back on. "Secondary protocol active, scanning "Habitat" for assistance."

Kyle woke up just as the sun was rising. He opened the windows and noticed that his father was already awake and in the fields. "Hey Pa!" he shouted. "Morning, get yer but downstairs." Jon his father shouted. Kyle burst out the door and into the yard. "Yeah pa?" he asked. "The Tractor's acting up, give it a looksee ok." Kyle walked over and opened the hood. "It's the Headers warn out, need to replace em!"

An unseen object looked on, connected to the command bridge. "Engineer located, open access hatch?"

Kyle closed the hood as his sister came running up. "The Cows go out, and Honey ran into the woods!" Jenny said. "I'm swamped here, Kyle you mind?" Jon asked. "Sure Pa, I'll find the little calf." Kyle ran into the woods looking for the calf and a few yards in ge found her. "Always causing trouble Honey?" Kyle said tying a rope around her neck.

"Authorisation accepted opening access hatch 247."

A cliff face shifted opening up a cave like tunnel. "I've never seen that cave before!" Kyle said. "Stay here Honey." he said tying the Calf up. Kyle walked into the cave and found himself in a large open area. As he set foot in it lights switched on. "Habitat 247 open." a voice said. "Excuse me, what did you say?" Kyle asked. "Open Habitat 246?" the voice asked. "What?" Kyle asked. "Habitat 246, do you wish to access?" it asked. "Yes activate Habitat 246." Kyle said not sure what exactly. A door similar to the one he exited opened. "What is this Strange Place?" he asked himself