Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

I would do Elliott Smith.

3 posts in this topic

Posted

I don't know how I went so long without knowing about this man. His name is Elliott Smith and he is absolutely a gift to the human race. Almost every song he's ever composed and performed is vastly different from the one before. In a few tracks he plays with sound effects, but for the most part he has this really raw, acoustic sound that I like a lot in a song. I think that everyone should check him out. He might not be your cup of tea, but I feel like he does have a sound that is universally likable without being the same cookie cutter pop, top 40, utter piece of crap every time.

I would do Elliott Smith even though he is dead. He followed that same rockstar kind of path, did heroin, and offed himself in 2003, at a fairly young age. I don't know for sure. He looks in his early to mid 20's in every picture. I doubt he hit 30. I've been told he stabbed himself in the heart?

Whatever. He was a tortured soul, but from it the world got something pretty awesome. So everyone, listen to Elliott Smith.

Posted (edited)

Yeah, if im thinking of the right person, he is sort of famous for his depressing songs. maybe his depression was his inspiration?

Edited by ZuZu (see edit history)

Posted

Not all of them are like that. And yeah, I guess it was. A lot of his songs aren't as depressing. Toward the end of his life, however, they got more so.