Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Sleeper Cell: A Cade Foster Mystery

2 posts in this topic

Posted

Chapter One: Sleepless nights

Cade Foster sat on the edge of his bed, sweat pouring down his face. Next to him his wife April Foster, slept comfortably.

Cade's dreams of late had been terrible. Standing among flames, cries of pain lifting into the air, dark smoke filling his lungs.

Cade slipped out of bed and went to the kitchen, he grabbed bottle of whiskey and poured a generous portion into a glass. As he brought the glass to his lips the ground shuttered violently. "Cade!" April shouted. April ran out and found her husband on the kitchen floor. "Was that an Earthquake?" she asked.

Cade sat there, clutching his chest and struggling to breath. "I don't think so!" he said his voice breaking. "Check on Amanda." Cade said standing up. "I'll get the phone." he said reaching for the handset. "But it didn't run..." April's voice was interupted by a loud ring. "Foster, get to work right away it's..." "I know Amanda, I'll be there." Foster said hanging up.

April walked into the room, Amanda Michelle in her arms. "What is it Cadence, What happened?" Cade sighed. "The Hewett building collapsed." he said shakily. "My god how?" she asked. "They think it was a structural defect but..." "But what?" April asked. "It was a bomb!" Foster said. "Terrorists, are you sure?" Foster nodded. "It's just beginning!"

Foster exited his car amid the rubble of the Hewett Building, a massive Investment Firm in The Cascade Financial District. "How'd it happen?" Mallone asked. "I won't know till we get back to tfhe lab, but judging from the blast radius I'd have to say Potassium Nitrate and Gasoline." "A Fertilizer Bomb great!" "Was anybody in there?" Foster asked. "No luckly who ever planted the bomb didn't know that the building opens at 7A.M, a hour later and hundreds might've been killed."

Foster remembered his dream, the cries of pain, the flames and black smoke. "It's not over." he said to himself.

Posted (edited)

Chapter Two: Who in the world is Carmen Mayer?

The Offices of The Cascade Police Department were frantic, writhe with frenzied activity. There hadn't been a bombing of a building since the OSP was instituted. Somehow the bomber of the Hewett Building avoided the attention of the OSP scanners. "Where were your psychics this morning Foster?" Mallone asked. "I have no idea." he said. "I had a dream shortly before it happened, I suprised they didn't. The Scanners are the elite, they live to scan the ether searching for any malaise." he added.

"They did until they were shut down, people didn't like the thought of Psychic boogiemen wriggling their way into their brains." Foster heard the voice, he didn't even need to turn around to know who it was. "Carmen Mayer, I was wondering when you'd show up." Foster said standing up. "Cade Foster, I heard you got married." "And had a kid." he added. "Is the kid showing yet?" Carmen asked. "The second best OSP psychic and Watcher having a kid, just screams massive potential." "Oh second best, so I guess that makes you...?" "The best, was their ever any doubt, that's why the FBI chose me and not you." Carmen said. "I thought it was because you knew how to kiss ass better, besides working Cascade PD keeps me busy." Foster said grinning.

"any idea what exactly happened?" Foster asked. "It seems that a group of religious fanatics are to blame, we've been tracking them for weeks." Carmen said. "Why bomb the Hewett Building, there wasn't anyone in it?" Mallone asked. "We're hoping that they made a mistake, but one can never be sure." Foster stood up

Edited by Savanti Romero (see edit history)