Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

HyruleWiki Rules

1 post in this topic

Posted

Ok, it might not be my place to say something but...

Me and Gingerlink have been working hard to add content to the new Hyrule Wiki. And, more importantly, clean it up. I hate to sound like an old person, but the copied articles are a disgrace!

Ok here goes:

1. No copying. Unless you intend to go through the whole article, sort everything out, remove all irrelevant information and change and/or remove un-needed links, write your own articles.
  2. No major changes to any article that you haven't created. You can make small changes, add information, change spelling etc. But do not go removing the whole article without discussing it with the article creator. The only exceptions to this rule is User pages and articles copied from Wikipedia.
  3. No changes to User pages unless it is your own.
  4. Categorize your pages, here are the current categories that should be used (in no particular order):
    • Enemies
    • Characters
    • Places
    • Games

A category can be added by putting [[Category:<categoryname>]] in the edit box, replacing <categoryname> with the name of the category.

[*]Use the templates. Here are some templates that can be used:

• stub -- use the Stub template for an article that is completed, but contains very little information.
  • incomplete -- use the Incomplete template for an uncompleted article.
  • fanfic -- the Fanfic template should be used when you post a fan fiction story.
  • spoiler -- use this when you are about to give a spoiler
  • see -- use this point a user to an article containing more information
  • main -- use this to point to the main article of a section.

To add an template put {{<templatename>}} at the place you want to add the template. Replacing <templatename> with the name of the template. go to this page for more information on a specific template.

I will also be posting these rules in the HyruleWiki help.