Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

The Wanna-Be's

8 posts in this topic

Posted

In Venture City, Captain Atlas is the big numero uno super hero. He's got the strength of one hundred men, can fly faster than a speeding...well you know, and hear a cricket fart on Pluto. But he isn't the only hero Venture City has. And although they call us posers, wanna-be's and hacks we know in our hearts that we have what it takes to be great.

We're not your classic Super Heroes, we're the other guys!

We're the Wanna-Be's!

Here's what you fill out:

Super Identity:

Secret Identity:

Powers:

Weaknesses: (mental or physical, say your guy can fly, but he's afraid to fly)

History:

Here's mine: (use as an example also)

Super Identity: High Voltage

Secret Identity: Bobby Hardwick

Powers: Control and Manipulate Electricity

Weaknesses: Water, own abilities (burns and or shocks self every time powers are used), must be near electrical devices

History: Bobby Hardwick was a Janitor at Mason Genetic Labs "Improving on nature since 1985!" One night while mopping the floor near a tank of genetically engineered electric eels he broke the tank and had the eels and a super conductive sludge they lived in spilled all over him. He was instantly hit with enough power to light Las Vegas for three years. Amazingly he survived and discovered that he could now hold and expel electricity like a human battery, but every time he does it (depending on the voltage) either slightly burns or severly shocks him. Another thing he discovered was that if he isn't near electrical devices (or powerlines) he uses his own Neuro-electrical impulses and severely weakens himself.

Posted

Surprised no one has replied yet! :o

Super Identity: Hydra

Secret Identity: Kyle Savion

Powers: Limb Regrowth, infinite Breath Capacity, larger then other humans.

Weaknesses: His limbs are more fragile then before, but they still grow back. He also grows smaller when not near water for a while.

History: After winning 4.8 million dollars in the lottery, his life instantly changed to complete luxury. He bought a large mansion and a lot of video games that he wanted. He liked to spend time at local places like the Library and the Beach. one day he won ANOTHER 9 million dollars. Trillions of People heard of this, they thought that it was rigged, but it wasn't, and the people handed over the money. Kyle got a large expansion to his large mansion, but then he realized, a lot of people REALLY don't like him. He wanted to do something that would get everyone to like him again, but he couldn't think of anything. So one day at the beach, a group of teenagers came over and threw eggs at him and insulted him. Kyle was depressed, so he went for a swim, but was then sucked under by a rip current. then he found himself in a underwater cave. he didn't know what to do, so he looked around, then he found a small blue stone. He grabbed the stone and immediately felt a large shock throughout his body. He then woke up on the shore, people shouting at him, asking if he was okay, but he was so light headed he couldn't make out what they were saying. but then he said he was okay, and he asked others to stop yelling. But then he stood up and he was HUGE, about 9 feet tall. the others marveled at him. the teens who egged him earlier stared at him wide eyed, then ran away. Kyle went back to his house, thinking about what happened.

Doc do good? :D

Posted

Bobby sat at the counter of "Romita's" a bar that caters exclusively to the "Cape and Cowl" crowd. "Those pricks are gonna be sorry they didn't take me Johnny!" Bobby said to the Bartender. "You betcha kid, top you off?" Bobby looked at his glass, that was completly empty. "Yeah sure Johnny." he said pushing the glass forward.

The door opened and another costumed guy walked in. "Those stupid jerks...those mother humpin..." "Pricks?" Bobby said as he quickly downed his beer. "Yeah pricks, all of 'em can suck my knob!" the new guy said. "Especially that Dick Captain Atlas!" Bobby said pointing his glass to the hanging photo on the wall. "Names Bob..er um I mean High Voltage." he said holding out his hand. "Yeah I saw your audition, you were good! I can't believe they didn't take you. Names Hydra." the guy said holding out his hand.

Earlier that day...at the Auditions:

Bobby Hardwick could feel it. Today was his day, the day that he finally joins "The Venture City Champions" the greatest superteam on Earth.

Bobby walked to the Hall of Supertude, passing the statues of the Champions founding members, "The Amazon", "Quickster", "Eagle Babe", "Blue Torch", "Little Green Man", "Ratman" and "Captain Atlas" Venture City's greatest Champion.

Bobby stood facing the fifteen foot tall bronze statue. "Welcome to the team." he imagined the statue saying. "Thank you sir." Bobby said outloud, drawing stares from other applicants.

Every year The Venture City Champions hold Tryouts, people with abilities from all over come to test themselves agianst the greatest.

"Next is...High Voltage, will High Voltage get in here please." a voice said. Bobby took a deep breath and heroicly walked in. "I am High Voltage!" Bobby shouted sending showers of sparks into the air. He tried his hardesf but winced as he did it.

"show us your stuff." Atlas said. "Yes sir!" Bobby said enthusiastically. The floor opened revealing some of the "Champion's" greatest rogues.

Evil Genius Max Mason, bane of Captain Atlas, Ratman's arch nemisis The Mime and Amazon's foe Lioness. "Relax kid their just robots!" Atlas said. Bobby closed his eyes and went to work.

"You destroyed every one of them, and in record time. I can't believe you didn't get in!" Hydra said. "I would've if not for..." Bobby started to say. "If not for what?" Hydra asked. "It hurts me." Bobby said. "What does?" Hydra asked. "Every time I use my powers, it hurts." Bobby said whispering. "Really?" Hydra asked. "Why didn't they take you?" Bobby asked. "I can regrow my limbs...but they're weak and they said that the team already has a member who can breath under water, Freakin' Troutman!" Hydra said. "Yeah screw that guy oh "I can talk to fish, that's cool!" I'm way better than him!" Bobby said. "He's only on the team because of Affirmative Action!" Hydra said.

"Who needs them...you know what we should do!" "What?" Hydra asked. "We should start our own team." "Yeah, there were dozens of rejects at the tryouts, I bet anyone of them would join in a second!" Hydra said. "Yeah let's do it!" Bobby said. "Call em up Hydra." he said "Kyle...names Kyle." he said. "I'm Bobby, put her there!" Bobby said holding out his hand.

Posted

Kyle put together most of it, him being rich and everything, but Bobby helped.

"Wait, so the teams name is 'The Wanna-Be's?'" said Kyle "Yep! perfect name for us, it describes us perfectly!" said Bobby.

"Well.... don't you think that would discourage people from joining? i mean, would you rather be saved by 'Venture City Champions' or 'The Wanna-Be's' ?" "Fine, then You come up with a name" said Bobby "How about the Gamma Gladiators?" said Kyle

Posted

Kyle put together most of it, him being rich and everything, but Bobby helped.

"Wait, so the teams name is 'The Wanna-Be's?'" said Kyle "Yep! perfect name for us, it describes us perfectly!" said Bobby.

"Well.... don't you think that would discourage people from joining? i mean, would you rather be saved by 'Venture City Champions' or 'The Wanna-Be's' ?" "Fine, then You come up with a name" said Bobby "How about the Gamma Gladiators?" said Kyle

Kinda fast, I had a whole thing planned. If more people join that is!

Posted

"We need to recruit members." Kyle said. "The problem is where do we look?" he added. "I know many would be heroes." Bobby said. "You do?" Kyle asked. "Oh yeah lots, I'm always at comic shops, Karate stores, workshops. Making connections." "Got any names?" Kyle asked. "Oh yeah a few lets see...Dr. Chaos, Nightling, Lucky Pete, French Tickler and White Flight & Black Menace (they work together)." Bobby said.

Kyle looked at his list. "I'm not sure, a lot of these guys don't sound very heroic." "Well how about tryouts, we can put the word out!" Bobby said. "Tryouts can work." Kyle said. "Of course with this crowd a Keg and a pool go a long way." "A Keg?" Kyle asked. "Oh yeah, the mooch factor's really big with this crowd." Bobby said.

Posted

Super Identity: Miss Magnet ((Since both Kristen and I are terrible with names XD))

Secret Identity: Kristen Powers

Powers: Ability to generate and manipulate magnetic fields

Weaknesses: She has little control over this power and tries to avoid being near electronic devices or objects that rely on magnetic fields, like compasses, so she gets lost even more than she did before. Kristen also sticks to using plastic objects, including plastic silverware and plates, just to be safe.

History: Having already decided to pursue a career in Physics, Kristen Powers was a dedicated and hard-working college student determined to make her way in the world as a top scientist. For one of her projects, she decided to go all out and sought to create a special kind of electromagnet "borrowing" a newly-discovered and still untested metal that her professor had acquired from one of his less-than-legal sources. Kristen performed a few experiments and learned that prolonged exposure to the radioactive and highly magnetic metal could prove disastrous to one's physical health. Months after suffering from acute radiation poisoning, she discovered that she could generate electromagnetic fields, occasionally disrupting the flow of household appliances and making things disastrous whenever she neared a refrigerator. When she figured out how to control this ability to a lesser extent, she learned that she could manipulate magnetic metals (and alloys containing such metals) as well, though it took a great amount of effort.

Posted

Bobby stirred his coffee and put the spoon on the table, only to see it jump to the floor.

"Oh No!" Bobby said looking around.

"What, what's wrong?" Kyle asked.

"It's Miss Magnet, don't look maybe she won't see us."

The door to the diner flew open and in stepped Kristen Powers aka Miss Magnet. As she did everything metal began to shake.

"Why's she here?" Kyle asked.

"I guess the words out, she's tried to join the Venture City Champions as much as I have, each time failing." Bobby said

"Controlling Magnetism seems pretty cool, why was she rejected?" Kyle asked.

"She can't control her powers, that's why!" Bobby said.

Kristen looked around and saw Bobby and Kyle sitting, avoiding eye contact. She giggled and walked over. "Hello High Voltage, long time no see." she said smirking.

"What are you doing here Miss Magnet?" Bobby asked.

"A little birdy said that you two were putting together a superteam." she said.

"And who exactly said that?" Bobby asked.

"Little Birdy, the guy dressed as a Blue Jay who hangs out by the Red Robin on 5th Street."

"Oh right, but no he must've been mistaken because were not..."

Kristen noticed a piece of yellow lined paper and grabbed it.

"Lucky Pete, Doctor Chaos, White Flight, Black Menace...you are putting together a team! I want in!" she said.

"No Kristen absolutly NOT!" Bobby said.

"Why not we need all the help we can get." Kyle said.

"Why not, oh well lets see." Bobby said.

"Kristen, touch my hand." Bobby said.

"No I don't want to!" She shot back.

"You want to be on our team and yet you won't touch me, why?" Bobby asked.

"You know why." Kristen said.

"But Kyle doesn't, show him." Bobby said holding out his hand.

Kristen looked at Kyle, then at Bobby's hand and gently glanced it with her finger. The millisecond contact generated a loud static crack the caused the power to dim tremendously.

"That's why, her Magnetic abilities and my Electric powers are volitile together." Bobby said

"But still you have to admit that's pretty awesome, you two generate your own EMP! Imagine how helpful that would be against Tinker-Toy's army of ErectoRobots." Kyle said

Bobby sighed and looked at the list, then to Kyle and settling on Kristen. "Fine, welcome to The Wanna-Be's Miss Magnet!"