Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

It's a Party

4 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Had to write a 3-5 paragraph story for Literature.

It was kind of rushed; my day has been a bit stressed to its limits.

Hope you enjoy.

There were green trees and a perfect sky in this scene. Nothing but a sign of good will towards earth-bound inhabitants from the windy, energetic atmosphere. The sun had grown weary of this party, strolling smoothly into the horizon to brighten someone else's day. Insects of all sorts conversed casually. Black smoke rose into the air, unresisting to the dancing breeze. A woman in a suit had the mic in this festivity, and she was telling a story. There was some fire behind her, wildly twisting and waving around near a market.

People were present in this celebration, their figures piled over the ruins of some wreck. Cars, seemingly discarded, littered the ground. Their faces, twisted as if they didn't like the music, stared upward almost venemously, their arsenic glare reaching no one in particular. Limbs were strewn across the ground, unattached, near their original owners.

The woman with the microphone kept talking. Near the building full of fruit, that seemed destined to be in a hat for a congo line, was a dog, barking wildly as if to not lose to the droning insects. There was a loud sound. More fire.

The manservant barked louder and louder, and tugged harder against his leash, like a partygoer trying to catch the attention of his date across the room. Good feelings emanated from this picture, like watching a couple get married, and everyone was just given delicious cake.

The stiff bodies that once occupied the vehicles now strewn across the ground were silent during this. It seemed awfully rude for them to ignore such a joyous occasion. The festivities were headed south no time soon. Everyone had left their houses, staring emotionally at the fire. The stench of something burning pervaded the atmosphere, but no one cared. The unidentified people occupying indifferent positions on the ground didn't look like they were having fun. Their faces were serious, as if they were in a tomb and there was no escape. The party raved on into the night. The bodies didn't move. A car was positioned upside-down on top of one of them.

The woman with the microphone finished talking, drawing the conclusion that summer wasn't complete without a bonfire. There were cheers from behind her, glasses and bottles raised in agreement, spilling froth, quenching the dry earth. A lone child took the remote out of her sleeping older brother's hand, and, turning off the TV, decided it was time for bed. She put away all her toy cars and action figures as the moon crept skyward. The child stretched as she threw the plastic vehicles into the toy bin that sat in front of the television, taking care to pick up the various plastic limbs that littered the carpet.

She decided she'd clean her room in the morning.

Edited by Sahaqiel (see edit history)

Posted

Wow. That was cool. Very interesting.

Posted

BET YOU DIDN'T SEE THAT ENDING COMING...

Well actually, I wanted to put more feeling into it, but I feel it's a bit rough.

Sahaqiel

Posted

BET YOU DIDN'T SEE THAT ENDING COMING...

Well actually, I wanted to put more feeling into it, but I feel it's a bit rough.

Sahaqiel

Lolwut. Nice story.