Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ocarina of Time to be released on EU VC in Q1

11 posts in this topic

Posted

Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of time is among the games that have been announced as in the line up to be release in Q1 on the virtual console in Europe. Other great's the be released before the end of March are Super mario world and Mario kart 64. Although there is currently no official line up for the American virtual console during the same period, it would seem likely that similar games will come out in the same period (it only seems to be Japan getting the games months before anybody else).

------

Although any self respecting Zelda fan has already played/owned/completed ocarina of time and the version downloadable onto the virtual console is unlikely to have any bonus features, it will still be nice to see it there.

Among the games released during Q1 in Europe will be:

-Mario Kart 64
-The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
-Street Fighter II: World Warrior (CAPCOM)
-Super Probotector
-Super Mario World

-Streets of Rage
-Bio-Hazard Battle
-Bonanza Bros.
-Comix Zone
-Soldier Blade
-Double Dungeons
-New Adventure Island.

Posted

>.> Why does places like Europe get the best stuff?

Where did you get this, GL?

Posted

this particualr one was on ign, release list's are relatively big news, so this is actually spread around on a lot of sites at the moment.

What seems to be happening at the moment is that for a big chunk of wii games it's going:

America-->Japan-->Europe (although america and japan are swapped for about half of the stuff)

and for virtual console releases

Japan--->Europe---> America

Also, you've got to remember that you got the wii for the equivalent of about $100 less over there, games are slightly cheaper and most of the games are released first, by quite some way (for instance we won't be getting elebits, or eledees as it's going to be called over here now, until late spring, it's already out over there and I want it!).

Some games are coming out here before america though which is wierd, warioware comes out this friday here, but you don't get it until mid next week.

The wonders of release schedules...

Posted

Why dod they always change the names for the games to be released in Europe? For example, Starfox is called Lylat Wars, and now Elebits will be changed to Eledees... What's the problem with keeping names the same? :mellow:

Posted

SUCK MY DUST, PZ! :wacko:

Posted

[quote name='Lupinlink' post='24230' date='Jan 9 2007, 02:50 PM']Why dod they always change the names for the games to be released in Europe? For example, Starfox is called Lylat Wars, and now Elebits will be changed to Eledees... What's the problem with keeping names the same? :mellow:[/quote]

>.> Cause .... Actually, thats a good question!

Posted

Great to have Europe in it so much :D

Posted

starfox did not change name in europe Lupinlink. Ive got it. its called star fox

Posted

only starfox 64 was called lylat wars, the original starfox was called starwing, which i think waws the same in america.

Plus i think eledees is a better name considering the connection with LEDs

o, and what's your problem Hyrulian master?

Posted

[quote name='forbiddenforest' post='24343' date='Jan 10 2007, 09:03 AM']starfox did not change name in europe Lupinlink. Ive got it. its called star fox[/quote]

Actually ive got Lylatwars 64.

And the NES game "Starfox" is called "Starwing"

I also have that.

Posted

[quote name='FLIP' post='24358' date='Jan 10 2007, 06:02 PM']Actually ive got Lylatwars 64.

And the NES game "Starfox" is called "Starwing"

I also have that.[/quote]

I never new that.

The line up is pretty cool. I'm still waiting for them, to release "OoT: Maser Quest" For virtual console even thought I don't have a Wii. :embarrassed:

oh, and HM, Suck MY Dust. Jerk. <_<