The Zelda Chat Network Beta

10 posts in this topic

Posted

The Zelda Chat Network is returning!

A few years ago, almost every Zelda website on the internet had a Zelda chat that connected to the same Zelda chat room: The Zelda Chat Network! The Zelda Chat Network, or TZCN for short, was well known throughout the Zelda community. It tied all Zelda communities together so that all Zelda fans could chat and communicate. The chat was not for one specific website; it was for all of them.

Today we begin the process of restoring that chat community! The beta chat is online and available at http://www.hyrule.net/chat/ Soon sites will be able to register and add a few lines of code to their site to link into the great Zelda Chat Network community! Check it out.

After the finishing touches are made, registrations will be made available and this will be posted on the front page. If you would like to go ahead and add this site to your chat, send me and email and I will add you into the system and provide you the code to use.

Once the code is placed on your site, they chat from WITHIN your site. The visitors never have to leave. To them it looks like they are chatting in your site's own personel chatroom. By combining Zelda fans from multiple sites into one chatroom, the chatroom is much more likely to have people in it at various times so more people will stay and chat. As far as users know, they are chatting in your personal site's chatroom.

Posted

well, it shure is a cool idea...

but it doesn't work

please PM me when it does..

Posted

works fine for me...

Posted

well not here? wich plugins do you've got?

Posted

think it uses java, but i might go check again...

Posted

i updated my flashplayer when flash 8 was coming out... and i tought my java plug-ins where fine aswell, I'll just check again.

Posted

Doesnt work for me neither. I hsve sll the required things i need and still nothing..

I thik its because every part of this website that is www.hyrule is not working. It has to be hyrule.net without the www. For instance try clicking on the Hyrule.net link at the top right in the red area, Wont work.

Posted

<_< *walks in and shows a piece of paper*

Here's what it sas for me:

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Access denied for user: 'hyrule@localhost' (Using password: YES) in C:\www\LocalUser\hyrule\hyrule.net\header.php on line 19

Error1

Posted

I also think its great.

Posted

works all fine for me now, im on www.hyrule.net and on dial-up, so i can;t see what the problem is...