Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Twilight Princess - #1 Game of year 2006

14 posts in this topic

Posted

It seems that the Wii version of the Twilight Princess has acheived the near impossible, once again. Just after the new year began, the popular and reputable site, [url="http://www.gamespy.com"]Gamespy.com[/url] has announced a 2006 '[url="http://goty.gamespy.com/2006/overall/index15.html"]Top 10 Games Of The Year list[/url]', with Twilight princess having the honour of the #1 spot. Many dedicated Zelda fans believe TP rightly deserves its title of #1 game of the year, though other game review sites are not so enthusiastic about the game.

------

[quote name='Gamespy']The story and gameplay mechanics are spot-on as always, so veterans of the 3D Zelda games will have no problems slicing their way through the meat of the game. And while the visuals remain distinctly more GameCube than Wii, Twilight Princess still manages to impress at most every level. The dungeons are deviously crafted to give up some of the coolest seen in the series thus far, and the open-ended nature of the non-dungeon content is equally as engaging.

The sense of adventure and achievement offered up by Twilight Princess is about as epic as it gets, and I had a magical experience from start to finish. I'll be the first to admit that I'm a total Zelda fan, but when the games are this good, it's really not that hard to understand why. Fabulous, fabulous stuff indeed. (for the rest of the article, see [url="http://goty.gamespy.com/2006/overall/index14.html"]here[/url][/quote]

Twilight princess has also done well on other sites, scoring the #7 spot on [url="http://www.gamespot.com/special_features/bestof2006/gameofyear/index.html?page=2"]gamespot.com[/url] and it scored the #2 spot on [url="http://www.gameslave.co.uk/newscomments.cfm?news=5090&title=Game-of-the-Year-2006"]gameslave.co.uk[/url]. It just missed out from taking the #1 spot by 3 votes. Though there are sites that criticize Twilight Princess, saying that it is over-rated and that though it is a good game, doesnt quite deserve the #1 spot. Personally, I love and always will love the Zelda series, but the one thing it has always been lacking is multiplayer. And it must be added that on all the top 10 lists, its common to see three games in particular constantly appearing, these games being Twilight Princess (Wii), Gears of War (Xbox 360) and The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (PC).

Posted

Hmm, i'm surprised really, cos, red steel knocked twilight princess down to number 2 on the wii chart, so i'm surprised red steel didn't make it in there.

Ah well, at least a wii game is first xD

Posted

Awsome!

HEY Mr. ZuZu The Magic COW. WERE ARE YOU FROM?

Posted

I knew it tp was a great game that defiatly desrves game of the year go wii and ds

Posted

saying it's the near impossible is stupid, places like IGN have already said it's better than Ocarina of time (although not given it such a high score, because of other things expected in this day and age, e.g. orchestrated music (the game music was all midi based) and voice overs (possibly)).

Also, it getting number 7 on gamespot is pretty impressive, consdering gamespot savaged it for anything they could and i think their review score for it was 8.6...

most places do say that it's the best game of the year anyway, stole a bit of gears of war fire as the 360s killer ap, huh?

and the reason red steel knocked twilight princess from the #1 spot on the wii sales charts was because twilight princess sold immensly in the first few weeks and now almost everybody with a wii has it or all the stores near them have sold out.

Posted

theres no doubt about twilight princess being the game of the year. It got the highest score in all the big newspapers and webistes in norway, gears of war got high scores but zelda got better.

Posted

[quote name='gingerlink' post='24455' date='Jan 11 2007, 11:55 AM']saying it's the near impossible is stupid, places like IGN have already said it's better than Ocarina of time (although not given it such a high score, because of other things expected in this day and age, e.g. orchestrated music (the game music was all midi based) and voice overs (possibly)).

Also, it getting number 7 on gamespot is pretty impressive, consdering gamespot savaged it for anything they could and i think their review score for it was 8.6...

most places do say that it's the best game of the year anyway, stole a bit of gears of war fire as the 360s killer ap, huh?

and the reason red steel knocked twilight princess from the #1 spot on the wii sales charts was because twilight princess sold immensly in the first few weeks and now almost everybody with a wii has it or all the stores near them have sold out.[/quote]

Actually, gamespot didn't give it number seven. All the top games they listed were out of order.

Posted

[quote name='Daniel' post='24397' date='Jan 10 2007, 11:16 PM']Awsome!
HEY Mr. ZuZu The Magic COW. WERE ARE YOU FROM?[/quote]

LEAVE 'ER ALONE! *Takes out Shotgun and Aims it at Daniel* Ye beter run, magget. (Note: I'm only joking. He's Cool. *Pats him on the Head* )

But that is Awesome. But those other sites Shall die. TWILIGHT PRINCESS SHALL BE THE NO.1 GAME OF THE YEAR EVEN IF I HAVE TO DIE FOR IT!!!!!!!! Ok, Maybe not....:embarrassed:

Posted

There's been arguments in YouTube between Gears of War and Twilight Princess. Some people think TP sucks, the people who say this are obviously fans of GOW or don't know a good game, even when it kicks them in the rear end. Personally, I think that they should play TP before deciding to give there opinions about it. It's a shame, having people like those GOW fools insult TP ... Hmmph!

Posted

To be honest, I think that there are better games than Twilight Princess. I just don't know why.

Posted

I'm glad Twilight Princess is the #1 game of the year 2006. I think it deserves it. :D

Posted

I don't agree with this at all. It may have been a good game, but it's most certainly not worth the title game of the year. In my opinion, Gears of War should earn the prize. I've played both, I can definately say GoW is the far better. TP was far too easy, it was just a free for all Zelda made to please the fans angry over the wind waker art style. I personally loved the wind waker, much better then TP in terms of graphics, gameplay design, and above all storywise. You need a decent story to support a large franchise like Zelda. TP's wasn't as good as it's counterparts, felt like a LTTP 2 in some points. Also, the final battle in TP was a joke, Ganon was so easy in this.

Posted

[i]Gameinformer[/i] the mag thingy gave TP #1 game of the year :D

they also rated the Wii A- and the Ps3 B

Posted

I just knew Twilight Princess would be the #1 Game of the Year 2006!