Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Dwarf/Subrosian Theory

10 posts in this topic

Posted

The world of the Zelda games is inhabited by a wide variety of fantastic and unusual creatures. The Octorocks, the Moblins, the Gibdos, the Kees, and many, many others. Along with these beasts are more civilized beings, like the Gorons, the Zora, the Rito, and of corse the Hylians. Even more fantastic and mysterious are Subrosians, the odd little hooded dwellers of Subrosia. However, there is another race of creatures that have appeared in Hyrule that are also surrounded by mystery. Few fans can remember them, yet they were of invaluable assistance.

I am speaking of the Dwarves.

They only appeared in one game, a Link to the Past, and only two of them were presented. Their race was hardly even touched upon. But they’re still described as Dwarves in official information, and the only two ever seen. No other characters have been specified as Dwarves. So where did they come from?

Let’s take a closer look at these strange little men. They are smiths. They work at a smithy, making and tempering swords. Their house rest on top of a cave containing some bizarre fairy creature that tries to “cures

Posted

an interesting theory, there's one thing i must say though being a smith myself. Every time you said "timbering", i cringed, the correct term is tempering. im not surprised you got it wrong though blacksmithing is a nearly lost art.

Posted

an interesting theory, there's one thing i must say though being a smith myself. Every time you said "timbering", i cringed, the correct term is tempering. im not surprised you got it wrong though blacksmithing is a nearly lost art.

Sorry. I typed this one Wordperfect, so the first time a spelled the word wrong it gave me another word to use instead.:P Any other thoughts on the theory's logic?

Posted

Sorry. I typed this one Wordperfect, so the first time a spelled the word wrong it gave me another word to use instead.:P Any other thoughts on the theory's logic?

other than the fact that nintendo shot down all time lines, it looks like the logic is sound.

Posted

other than the fact that nintendo shot down all time lines, it looks like the logic is sound.

This theory is sound timeline or no timeline. A Link to the Past, Oracle of Ages, Oracle of Seasons, and Link's Awakening are almost totally, undeniably linked. It's extremely unlikely that they aren't meant to be sequals to each other. Even if they aren't linked, I still think the main idea of the theory, that the Subrosians are Dwarves, checks out alright.

Posted (edited)

Someone finally made a theory in the theory section.

I like this.

Sahaqiel

Edited by Sahaqiel (see edit history)

Posted

I wouldnt go so far as to call them the same, but they may be related given all their similarities.

Posted

Someone finally made a theory in the theory section.

I like this.

Sahaqiel

Thank you Sahaqiel. You have no idea what that means to me.:)

Goron Merchant came up with some pretty cool theories. His "Goron's Thoughts" were very impressive and well thought-out.

Posted

Good theory. Of course, I always thought the title of dwarf was merely because of their short size and not because of their race.

Posted

Good theory. Of course, I always thought the title of dwarf was merely because of their short size and not because of their race.

Well, some offical sources called them Dwarves, and it overall seems to be that they are in fact ment to be taken as a separate race. Were it not for the appearance of the Subrosians, I probably wouldn't have seen them as much more than a sparce race of short folks. However, the possiblity of a connection between them was too good to pass up. So I came up with this.