Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

The A-Team

3 posts in this topic

Posted

So it seems another 80's property (Transformers, Smurfs, G.I. Joe, ect) is getting the movie trestment. This time its "The A-Team".

The A-Team was an 80's action/comedy series about a group of Army guys, falsely convicted of a crime in during the Vietnam war. They escaped from Military Prison and traveled the country helping the innocent fight injustice (usually criminals or greedy white rich guys).

The movie stars Liam Neeson (Star Wars Episode 1, Taken) as Hannibal Smith, Bradley Cooper (The Hangover, All about Steve) as Templeton "Faceman", Quinton "Rampage" Jackson (UFC Fighter) as B.A. Baracus and Hollywood newcomer Sharito Coplay (District 9) as Howling Mad Murdock,

It's surprising to see so many well knowns in this movie.

Also I saw a photo from the set and they even have an updated version of the A-Team GMC Van (Black with red stripes up the side which meet a spoiler across the top).

Posted

I'm not sure people are going to accept a new cast instead of the original actors. Unless they make the movie completely different in style from the series, like Michael Mann did with Miami Vice. But then the fans of the series will probably not like this movie.

Also never heard of the director, Joe Carnahan

Posted

He's a great action/drama/comedy director. He directed Smokin' Aces and Pride and Glory.