Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

The Goron Connection

14 posts in this topic

Posted

In my previous article, “Dwarves and Subrosians, the Same Species?

Posted

I think this is a great theory. You have mentioned connections between those races that I have never considered, like the Lava Soup. Well done!

It could be that the Gorons and Subrosians were once one race. But they started to differentiate. That could explain why the Lava Soup recipe was only known to the Subrosians, maybe only part of that ancient race knew the recipe (the later Subrosians), and then they parted ways, maybe because of a civil war. Both species went their own way, and evolution did the rest...

Posted

Bravo. There is a very logical connection.

I'd like to say I believe this, but I don't believe Nintendo really thought about it like that. It'd be cool, though.

I'll say I support it, then.

One qualm, other than some typos.

human-like beings smaller than a child.

If you look in the manual, they're pretty tall.

Like, taller than Link tall.

Sahaqiel

Posted

Bravo. There is a very logical connection.

I'd like to say I believe this, but I don't believe Nintendo really thought about it like that. It'd be cool, though.

I'll say I support it, then.

One qualm, other than some typos.

If you look in the manual, they're pretty tall.

Like, taller than Link tall.

Sahaqiel

Thanks again Sahaqiel.

Since when has anyone ever realy paid attension to what Nintendo says? You know, not counting when they made that infamous "all time lines are wrong" thing, or when they said Ocarina of Time came first in the series, and some other vaguely conflicting stuff...

Wait, who is taller than Link? The Subrosians? I've seen one peice of offical art of them and has Link looking DOWN at them quizzicly, and they barely come up to his waste...

How many spelling error? After seeing all the mistakes that made it into my last article, I double checked the whole thing!:P

I think this is a great theory. You have mentioned connections between those races that I have never considered, like the Lava Soup. Well done!

It could be that the Gorons and Subrosians were once one race. But they started to differentiate. That could explain why the Lava Soup recipe was only known to the Subrosians, maybe only part of that ancient race knew the recipe (the later Subrosians), and then they parted ways, maybe because of a civil war. Both species went their own way, and evolution did the rest...

Excellent thought! That's precisely what I was going for! Once they started to look different, they began to segregate and stop working together, dispite still having the same culture. Eventually, they began to become competetive, trying to out do each other for better homes and resources. At one point they changed into totally independent tribes, then the Great Hyrule Civil War was all they needed to start fighting. The Gorons drove them away, but regreted the voilence they had wrought, and swore to become more accepting to other races, as well as pacifists. The scattered and frightened Subrosians fled far away, intent on hiding from what they now perceived as a dangerous and unwelcomeing world. Thus they became as we know them now...

Thanks for the kind words!

Posted

This is possibly a faulty memory, so just disregard it.

And you did have a few spelling mistakes, like, "There"/"Their".

Their implies ownership of something, there is for a location.

But if bombs don’t grow naturally in Subrosia, how did they get their?

Unless you meant, "How did they get theirs?", which would be asking how Subrosia got its Bomb Flowers.

Come to think of it, if they are that size, my imagined Link-Rosa dating scenario is so much more adorable.

I think I prefer it this way.

But I remember the pictures in the manual depicting really tall Subrosians.

Sahaqiel

Posted

Arr-gh!:facepalm: How is it I keep mixing there/their up! I know the difference between them.>_< It's supposed to say "How did they get -there-", that is, how did the Bomb Flowers get in Subrosia. I'll try to fix them.

I've seen a few very cute Link/Rosa dating imaginings, one of which involved the problem of Subrosian's joy of lava baths... You can picture Link's delima.

That particular image I mentioned can be found on Zeldapedia (I'm still kinda new to forums, so I'm not sure how to link to the site), though since my copy of Seasons is an used one a relative gave me, I don't have the manual to confirm or deny your memory. The image, however, used the same art style as the Ages manual (which I do have), and I'm certain I've seen the same picture else where, so I'll stick to my conception.

*visualizes Link and Rosa's date* Man, that is adorable....

Posted

Very interesting. We could use more members like you. :)

Oh, and because Saha brought it up, allow me to correct you a little bit too. I noticed you said "sense" instead of "since" a couple times.

Sense when has anyone ever realy paid attension to what Nintendo says?

though sense my copy of Seasons is an used one a relative gave me

Posted

I'm flattered, honestly.

Thanks for pointing those out. Some times my own poor spelling gives me a head ache.T_T

Posted

Oh people get annoyed over small errors like that? Well you will just have to live with my many grammer and spelling errors then.

Posted

If you're trying to make a snappy insult, I think your plan just backfired.

Sahaqiel

Posted

Brilliant!

Good read, my friend! You've convinced me.

Posted

Gasp! I don't believe it! Goron Merchant complemented my theory! At last, I AM COMPLETE!!!

Thank you thatnk thankyuthankyo;uthankyou!!!!1!!!1!1!!1oone1eleven11one1!!!

Posted

:fear: your genius scares me... :fear:

Posted

Yes, I know..... my genius is intoxicating. Now if only I didn't make so many spelling mistakes!>_< Then I'd have it made!