Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cave of Ordeals Walkthrough

14 posts in this topic

Posted

Wrote a pretty comprehensive walkthough guide for the Cave of Ordeals in Twilight Princess. It is based off of the Wii version of the game and does contain spoilers for possible items that can be obtained in the game. Such as the dungeon items.

[url="http://www.hyrule.net/wiki/index.php?title=Cave_of_Ordeals"]Twilight Princess Cave of Ordeals Guide[/url]

I have not yet transcribed the guide into a form other than that of what is on the Wiki page. This means it is not in the main site's walkthrough sections as of right now.

All comments and help would of course be greatly appreciated but one main thing is that the first time you play through the Cave of Ordeals the numbers of monsters are slightly different than subsequent visits. So if you know that a room has different numbers of monsters in it than what I have done then please let me know so I can add that information into the guide since I didn't start keeping track until I had already beaten the Cave of Ordeals several times.

Posted

Nice! I'll check it out!

Posted

WoW. I didn't know even that cave existed! :huh:

Posted

i have all the stuff i need to complete it already but i didnt no that but now i do thanks!!! :D :embarrassed: :D

Posted

who needs a cave of ordeals guide anyway?

its just 50 rooms with monsters inside em that u have to kill, who needs a guide to fiqure that out?

no offence if i offened any1...

Posted

this guide is awsome! :D just one point though: when i got to floor 45, instead of having 3 moblin archers on watchtowers, i had only 2 on watchtowers, and there were also chu jellies in there - one of them being a rare one.

I'm not sure if they're going to be there again in subsequent playthroughs of the cave though, as i've only beaten it once...... :embarrassed:

Posted

[quote name='euro_asian08' post='25237' date='Jan 16 2007, 01:03 AM']this guide is awsome! :D just one point though: when i got to floor 45, instead of having 3 moblin archers on watchtowers, i had only 2 on watchtowers, and there were also chu jellies in there - one of them being a rare one.

I'm not sure if they're going to be there again in subsequent playthroughs of the cave though, as i've only beaten it once...... :embarrassed:[/quote]

Yeah that is probably because that room is different on the first play through. Thank you for letting me know.

This would probably explain why while writing the guide that I was surprised to find that room 45 had 3 watchtowers instead of 2 as I was initially thinking :unsure:

I don't suppose you remember the numbers of things? Like one giant jelly and a rare or an approximation on number of purples and a rare?

Posted

I really actually liked this walkthrough it wuz great if i were to use any of these ideas i wouldnt of died on my first run through stupid ice people :embarrassed:

Posted

[quote name='Tai' post='25293' date='Jan 17 2007, 11:09 AM']Yeah that is probably because that room is different on the first play through. Thank you for letting me know.

This would probably explain why while writing the guide that I was surprised to find that room 45 had 3 watchtowers instead of 2 as I was initially thinking :unsure:

I don't suppose you remember the numbers of things? Like one giant jelly and a rare or an approximation on number of purples and a rare?[/quote]

Well, i loaded up a previous save file - before i completed the cave. For floor 45, i got 8x purple chu jellies, 1x red chu jelly, 1x blue chu jelly, 1x rare chu jelly, 5x redeads and 2x moblin archers on watchtowers.

Also, on floor 36, for the first playthough through the cave, i think there were only 5x ice knights instead of 7, but im not too sure about that - i might play through the cave again, taking note of all the monsters on each level.

Posted

um....ok, i got two more......on floor 9, on your first playthrough, there are only 2x lizalfos, and 2x moblin archers, and on floor 36, where i said that there might be only 5 ice nights, well, there are only 4 the first time around. Also, on floor 50, the postman isn't on the balcony.

well, hope that helps :D

Posted

Good job. But have do find the time to write such a walktrough??

Posted

Wow thanks for all the help :D If you notice anything else different, especially with the first time to play through the Cave of Ordeals, then let me know. Sadly with how the Cave of Ordeals is set up, progression within it and all, I can't "simply" make a new file and go through a first playthrough like that. I would sort of have to get pretty near the end of the game for that >_< Especially since I would naturally think, and expect, the later rooms to be the ones to have the most changes.

Lol, I don't have time to make these guides. I filled it out a few days before classes started back from Christmas break. Needless to say, if I decided to make this now in this present time I wouldn't have the time for it at all :cry:

Posted

I knew the Cave already existed because I have the guide. The Cave wasn't too difficult for me. When you go there make sure you have bottles of healing potions, the largest quiver, the largest bomb bags, 1,000 Rupees, and the Magic Armor. Maybe I didn't have difficulty because I had all these things.

Posted

The first time I just play it to see how far I could get.
the second time I reached the floor 50 with 3 hearts left... And I died :cry:

I'm trying again this weekend :unsure: