Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

New Super Mario Bros. Wii (Wii) - New Screens & Trailer

2 posts in this topic

Posted

The Wii console finally makes that dream come true for everyonethis holiday season. Now players can navigate the side-scrolling worlds alone as before or invite up to three others to join them at the same time on the same level at any point in the game for competitive and cooperative multiplayer fun. With the multiplayer mode, the newest installment of the most popular video game franchise is designed to bring yet another type of family entertainment into living rooms and engage groups of friends in fast-paced Super Mario Bros. fun.

------

229106.jpg

Get New Super Mario Bros. Wii [Wii] Trailer off WP (102mb)

Key Features:

* New Super Mario Bros. Wii offers a combination of cooperation and competition. Players can pick each other up to save them from danger or toss them into it.

* Mario, Luigi and two Toads are all playable characters, while many others from the Mushroom Kingdom make appearances throughout the game. Players can even ride different Yoshi characters and use their tongues to swallow enemies – or their fellow players.

* In some areas, players use the motion abilities of the Wii Remote controller. The first player to reach a seesaw might make it tilt to help his or her character reach a higher platform – and then tilt it incorrectly just to mess with other players.

* New items include the propeller suit, which will shoot players high into the sky with just a shake of the Wii Remote and Mario’s new ability to transform into Penguin Mario.

* At the end of each stage during the simultaneous multiplayer mode, players are ranked based on their score, the coins collected and the number of enemies defeated.

Source: worthplaying.com

Posted

Info to Add

Using Mario Wii's Super Guide makes Miyamoto regretful

Source: Gamespot

During a demo of the upcoming New Super Mario Bros. Wii with creator Shigeru Miyamoto, I finally had a chance to see the much-talked-about "demo play" in action. This mode, actually called "Super Guide," is the mode everyone whined would "let Nintendo play the game for them," essentially taking out all of the difficult and skill.

In practice, that's not entirely true. Miyamoto openly admits that New Super Mario Bros. Wii is a difficult title, more so the relatively easy to complete New Super Mario Bros. DS. Playing even the earliest stages of the Wii title, this is obvious; jumps are trickier and enemies are more plentiful, making quick thinking and timing all the more important. Not everyone, Miyamoto says, will have the skill set (or the patience) to complete every world. But he sure wants them to.

That's where "Super Guide" comes into play.

When a players dies eight times on one of the game's 80 stages, they'll have a chance to hit a green "Super Guide" block. This will trigger a video in which you'll watch Luigi play through the stage. This isn't designed to give away all of the game's secrets -- it won't show you hidden paths or all of the hidden coins, for instance.

It will however give players the opportunity to see how the stage could be completed. At any time, the player can jump into the action and take over, which would give them the opportunity to let the game itself guide them through some of the nastier sections. If the player decides, letting the game complete the level will allow them to move to the next stage.

According to Miyamoto, there are a few disadvantages to using the "Super Guide." Players who persevere and decide not to use any "Super Guide" blocks will be awarded with something special (like some cool indicator on the game's title screen), where as those who rely on them will miss out. There's another downside to using the guides -- shame.

"I find that when [the "Super Guide" block] does appear," he says. "I kind of feel regretful and guilty that I've let that happen. So I've often found that playing the game, when that happens, it kind of inspires me [to say] 'I've already done this bad, now I have to clear the level on my own.'"

So let's come clean right now folks -- will you or will you not be using New Super Mario Bros. Wii's "Super Guide" when the game ships on November 15? Or will you, like Miyamoto, take it as that extra bit of kick in the pants to get your gaming act together?

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0