Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

This brings "Luck of the Draw" to a whole new level...

13 posts in this topic

Posted

well, long story short, we were force dto draw cards to determine the subject of our Taking a Stand essays in College Prep English. The card I drew was an 8 of Hearts, whic is associated with the topic "How HPV vaccinations are BAD." How the hell do I do that?! I'm at a loss. XP Suggestions are welcome (Dropping out of the class DOESN'T COUNT - I'M PAYING 219 DOLLARS FOR THIS DUAL-CREDIT CRAP.)

Posted

I would start by looking up how HPV vaccinations are bad, then work my way through with more and more information about HPV, how and when a vaccine came about, and more about how the vaccine is bad.

Taking the advice of a dude in freshman english might not be a great idea, though. However, my essays are always good, so whatever. It's your choice.

Posted

HPV vaccinations are bad because, since it makes young girls feel like they are invincible to STDs, they are more likely ho have sex at an earlier age.

Work with that.

Posted

HPV vaccinations are bad because, since it makes young girls feel like they are invincible to STDs, they are more likely ho have sex at an earlier age.

Work with that.

actually hes got a good point. talk about how an hpv vaccination can makekids want to expirement at younger and younger ages. you know, before they understand responsibilities and stuff.

Posted

actually hes got a good point. talk about how an hpv vaccination can makekids want to expirement at younger and younger ages. you know, before they understand responsibilities and stuff.

totally didn't even think about that. (Obviously XD)

Posted

There have also been no long term studies of the drugs. Doctors don't know if this will last for the rest of your life or for the next month. They also don't know if it'll kill you or not. And some people HAVE died from it.

Also, the commercials imply that it will keep away HPV and, consequently, cervical cancer. However, not all strains of the HPV virus cause cervical cancer. Many of the strains that the shot provides immunity to do not even cause cervical cancer in the first place. The particularly potent strains are the ones you're not protected from.

Posted

yeah, talk about how it shouldn't be administered until its a completely safe drug (just for the sake of the essay) and how its also deadly. and the whole sex before your ready or too much sex thing.

Posted

"How HPV vaccinations are BAD."

Because when it's in debate it spawns stupid opinions like this.

Posted

these aren't my real opinions, in fact im pretty sure most people on this thread are pro HPV vaccinations. we're just trying to help this guy out with his unlucky essay topic.

Posted

Eh, HPV vaccinations suck. Series of 3 shots :( But I mean, HPV is also a widely spread STD, so it's worth it. (I know that last statement wasn't any help.)

Other than that...just go with what GMP said.

Posted

I don't buy into the whole "makes girls feel invincible to STD's" bit, the only other STD caused by HPV is GEnital warts, which s generally low on people worry list. Besides, you need no sexual contact to get Human Papiloma Virus. You can get it anywhere, not just through sex. Now and AIDS, Gonorrhea, syphilis combined booster, that would make people feel invincible to STD's, I don't think this would.

I think you should stick on the medical angle, the ethical is pretty weak, in my eyes at least.

Posted

what is a HPV vacation in the first place?