Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

The Swordless Link Challenge!

7 posts in this topic

Posted

So, I recently completed OoT again, but with a new twist: I made link swordless at the beginning of the game and kept him that way for the rest of the game! Basically, I'm challenging other people to try this out and get feedback on how challenging they think it is.

Just a few tips and facts:

-You should never have to touch your sword as a kid. This requires that you skip the bottom of the well (or play master quest where the temple is different) because you can't kill the Dead Hand miniboss guarding the Lens of Truth without your sword.

-As an adult, you will have to use your sword in the shadow temple for two fights (the Dead Hand miniboss and Bongo Bongo). You also have to use it against Ganon for obvious reasons.

-As an adult, you will be using the megaton hammer as your melee weapon. It is much slower and weaker than the master sword, so use the hookshot to stun fast foes. (Master Quest players will need to complete the Forest temple up to getting the fairy bow, go to the Fire temple and pick up the megaton hammer, then go back to the Forest temple and complete it.)

-As a kid, you will need to use deku sticks as melee weapons. This requires that you conserve sticks by choosing your battles wisely and buying all of the stick capacity upgrades asap. You migh also want to get the boomerang early, since it is your only way of killing the withered deku babas for free deku sticks.

-With no Sword, the stalfos become a MAJOR threat, especially in master quest and the forest temple. Use your hookshot to stun them, then throw a bomb or smack them with your megaton hammer.

-Dark Link will be your worst nightmare. Your megaton hammer is too slow, and the hookshot is easily dodged. Use Din's Fire and bring some green/blue potions.

Feel free to post any questions and or comments here! Good luck!

Posted

Hey Knuckle! :D

Long time no seen brother!

I'm gonna try this, I wanted to play OOT again anyways. :)

I probably gonna record it too. (With my Capture device.)

I'm bookmarking this topic, just in case I can't find it anymore.

Posted

Good to see you again Adr990! I wish I could visit more than I have been and see you guys, but life's a lot different now.

Posted

Im definitely going to try this. After I beat the 3-heart challenge(haven't played in a long time...)I'll try it joy.gif

Sounds insanely difficult.

Posted

this is hard i cant beat the frist boss XD

Posted

Gohma is tough since you have only 10 sticks to use at the time. Be conservative with your hits and use jump strikes.

Posted

I remember I did all the Young Link temples with Deku Sticks without getting the Kokiri Sword at all, thanks to Crooked Cartridge! *Glares at dusty N64*Well, I did play you yesterday....:P