Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Shigeru Miyamoto Keynote at Digital Contents Expo Coverage

2 posts in this topic

Posted

Shigeru Miyamoto's keynote at the Digital Contents Expo began at 12:30 am eastern time and is now over. Read a quick summary below and then hit the jump for the full google translated details.

Nothing was announced.

View it all after the jump!

------

miyamoto-mario-luigi.jpg

That’s right, nothing. The only thing we had to go by were Japanese Twitter accounts and Google Translate made things pretty confusing. From what I gathered, it seems Miyamoto just talked about his Lifetime Achievement Award, detailing his life’s work. They showed an old video of Miyamoto and then he began to talk. He talked about how he wanted to design puppet dolls in elementary school and draw comics when he was in junior high. He then went on to talk about many of the games he worked on, like Donkey Kong, Super Mario Bros., The Legend of Zelda, Super Mario 64, Ocarina of Time, and more.

He discussed things like how Nintendo didn’t like the idea of the original Zelda at first. Kirby was originally named Tinkle Popo. Random things like that. And then he finished by saying he wants to go back to the basics and said that the gaming industry is at its finest when the games are easy to understand and easy to play. And with that, the keynote was over. Nothing announced.

Full Details on Miyamoto’s keynote (Note: Most everything below are Google translations from Japanese Twitter accounts or translations by members of the NeoGAF forums)…

- Miyamoto entered to a crowded room, some people had to stand.

- Discovery Asia Awards 2009 presented graphs.

- Shigeru Miyamoto, the most recent to receive a Lifetime Achievement Award, is still active, he says.

- Miyamoto: I was doing band, playing bluegrass music. Was a pretty child with long hair at the time.

- Intro video begins (an old video of Miyamoto?)

- Miyamoto: Wii is going to go back to the basics that made the game

- Asked if he was related to Miyamoto Musashi and he said no and laughed.

- Miyamoto: in-house work and not call. Throughout the house I called to make products. Because they lead from the audience.

- Miyamoto: elementary school when I wanted to do comics. Mr. Akatsuka, Dr. Tezuka. I wanted a puppet. I ran right? Island Dongabacho gourd characters like Mario

- Miyamoto: The shining star was the Kuni Noi engineering, industrial design to the road but I can never forget the pictures.

- Miyamoto: Inbedagemu see, Nintendo has focused on developing a full-fledged game

- “Shigeru Miyamoto, known as work, not products. Around the elementary school wanted to create a puppet doll. Cookie-cutter comics in junior high. After studying industrial design.

Posted

This looks like it was put through a rough Japanese translator.

But I kind of understood it.

Miyamoto is a pretty interesting person.

Sahaqiel

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0