What do you think of toon styled Zelda games?

60 posts in this topic

Posted

What do you think? I think that it is great, with the storyline. I mean, you gotta rebuild the Triforce of Courage in WW, remake a legendary sword to defeat Bellum in PH, what could be better?!

And Toon Link's look is cool!

I really like him in WW with his flowy hair :)

How do you feel about the Toon Link era?

Posted

Toon Link is not an era.

It is a style that is used in some of the games. There is little evidence dictating that it is a section of time in Hyrule. The timeline would be much more clear if that were so.

Sahaqiel

Posted

Saha, you are such a stick in the mud lately.

He only means WW/PH/ST. Which obviously do go together. Lighten up.

Posted

Well I typed this last night as a first post, but my internet died. So here it is.

*Cracks knuckles.*

Where to begin... Well it sucks.

Wind Waker. 3rd worst game ever. Graphics were horrid and had the power to give people migrains, plot was really horrid and made no sense what so ever, my copy of the game very very very horrid and glitched because I never got light arrows and the songs on the Wind Waker wouldn't work. I mean when I was getting the triforce charts you had to play the Wind Gods Aria, but it said Winds recleum on the guide. Then I played every song and it never worked. Until I had to restart. Also Toon Link looks like a retarded cat the whole time. He also meows. Point proven that he is a cat.

Phantom Hourglass. 2nd worse game ever. It was too short, too easy, and too repetivive. I hated how you had to go the the Temple and always restart the thing. I mean it was so repetitive that it got boring. Not to mention that it was all a dream. That makes it worse because none of it happened so it doesn't do anything for the time line. AT ALL!

Spirit Tracks. WORST GAME EVER. Don't give that "it's not out" crap. It still sucks and I know it. For one it's a sequal to WW so it's going to suck. It has f***ing trains. That ruins the whole entire game. That may be all I know, but it will still be terrible just like the other 2 crappy games.

There you go that's what I think.

Also no arguing back. Whe asked "What do you think." So I posted what I think.

Posted

Wind Waker. 3rd worst game ever, which I justify with no good reason. Graphics were horrid and had the power to give pretty much only me migrains which are probably just made up anyway, I didn't pay attention to the plot, and I'm too biased to even try to understand it, my copy of the game was perfectly fine, but because of my own errors, I got "requiem" and "god's aria" mixed up and I'm too stubborn to admit it was my fault and my fault alone. I mean when I was getting the triforce charts you had to play Wind's Requiem, and whenever I read guides I still continued to mix up the totally two different set of words, "requiem" and "god's aria". Then I played only one song and it didn't work. Until I had to restart. Also Toon Link looks like a retarded cat the whole time just because I feel like using another retarded example of why I think this game is bad. He also meows. Point proven that he is a cat, which there is nothing wrong with, but whatever, I think a Inuyasha sucks because I didn't understand it when I jumped into it in the middle of the season, as opposed to watching it from the start and learning why it sucks otherwise, because I am a biased person like that.

Phantom Hourglass. 2nd worse game ever. It was too short, too easy, and too repetivive. I hated how you had to go the the Temple and always restart the thing. I mean it was so repetitive that it got boring. Not to mention that it was all a dream, and I say this without realizing both Link and Zelda had the dream and Linebeck's ship was seen departing the site, which both hint at it not being a dream and me being completely thick in the head. That makes it worse because none of it happened so it doesn't do anything for the time line, even though I don't pay attention to the timeline and the various species in the game, such as landwalking Octoroks and clear continuity with Wind Waker that totally apparently does nothing for the timeline. AT ALL!

Spirit Tracks. IT IS A GAME THAT IS NOT OUT, AND I HAVE NEVER PLAYED IT, BUT I'VE ALREADY GONE STRAIGHT TO THE CONCLUSION THAT IT IS BAD, BECAUSE THAT IS HOW BIASED I AM. It still sucks and I don't know it, I'm just assuming this because I don't have the sense or patience to play through a game and notice finer points, instead looking at the big picture and judging it by things totally unrelated to it at all. For one it's a sequal to WW so it's going to be pretty decent at best, because the controls and animations were fluid. It has f***ing trains. I don't even know how the trains will work, but I think they will be bad just because. That may be all I know, but it will still be terrible just like the other 2 games that I don't like just because.

There you go that's what I think, and not know.

Well, I didn't argue back.

Posted

You just love to make me look like a lying asshole, don't you.

My version

Wind Waker. 3rd worst game ever. Graphics were horrid and had the power to give people migrains, plot was really horrid and made no sense what so ever, my copy of the game very very very horrid and glitched because I never got light arrows and the songs on the Wind Waker wouldn't work. I mean when I was getting the triforce charts you had to play the Wind Gods Aria, but it said Winds recleum on the guide. Then I played every song and it never worked. Until I had to restart. Also Toon Link looks like a retarded cat the whole time. He also meows. Point proven that he is a cat.

Phantom Hourglass. 2nd worse game ever. It was too short, too easy, and too repetivive. I hated how you had to go the the Temple and always restart the thing. I mean it was so repetitive that it got boring. Not to mention that it was all a dream. That makes it worse because none of it happened so it doesn't do anything for the time line. AT ALL!

Spirit Tracks. WORST GAME EVER. Don't give that "it's not out" crap. It still sucks and I know it. For one it's a sequal to WW so it's going to suck. It has f***ing trains. That ruins the whole entire game. That may be all I know, but it will still be terrible just like the other 2 crappy games.

There you go that's what I think.

Your version

Wind Waker. 3rd worst game ever, which I justify with no good reason. Graphics were horrid and had the power to give pretty much only me migrains which are probably just made up anyway, I didn't pay attention to the plot, and I'm too biased to even try to understand it, my copy of the game was perfectly fine, but because of my own errors, I got "requiem" and "god's aria" mixed up and I'm too stubborn to admit it was my fault and my fault alone. I mean when I was getting the triforce charts you had to play Wind's Requiem, and whenever I read guides I still continued to mix up the totally two different set of words, "requiem" and "god's aria". Then I played only one song and it didn't work. Until I had to restart. Also Toon Link looks like a retarded cat the whole time just because I feel like using another retarded example of why I think this game is bad. He also meows. Point proven that he is a cat, which there is nothing wrong with, but whatever, I think a Inuyasha sucks because I didn't understand it when I jumped into it in the middle of the season, as opposed to watching it from the start and learning why it sucks otherwise, because I am a biased person like that.

Phantom Hourglass. 2nd worse game ever. It was too short, too easy, and too repetivive. I hated how you had to go the the Temple and always restart the thing. I mean it was so repetitive that it got boring. Not to mention that it was all a dream, and I say this without realizing both Link and Zelda had the dream and Linebeck's ship was seen departing the site, which both hint at it not being a dream and me being completely thick in the head. That makes it worse because none of it happened so it doesn't do anything for the time line, even though I don't pay attention to the timeline and the various species in the game, such as landwalking Octoroks and clear continuity with Wind Waker that totally apparently does nothing for the timeline. AT ALL!

Spirit Tracks. IT IS A GAME THAT IS NOT OUT, AND I HAVE NEVER PLAYED IT, BUT I'VE ALREADY GONE STRAIGHT TO THE CONCLUSION THAT IT IS BAD, BECAUSE THAT IS HOW BIASED I AM. It still sucks and I don't know it, I'm just assuming this because I don't have the sense or patience to play through a game and notice finer points, instead looking at the big picture and judging it by things totally unrelated to it at all. For one it's a sequal to WW so it's going to be pretty decent at best, because the controls and animations were fluid. It has f***ing trains. I don't even know how the trains will work, but I think they will be bad just because. That may be all I know, but it will still be terrible just like the other 2 games that I don't like just because.

There you go that's what I think, and not know.

Everything in mine was compleatly opinon and facts. Though you say that I lie about the headaches. YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT IT'S LIKE GETTING THOSE F***ING HEADACHES EVERYTIME YOU PLAY THE GAME. It's worse than staring into the sun. It's worse than bashing your head against a wall as hard as you can.

You can lie about me being biased all you want, but you know it's not true.

Posted

Everything in mine was compleatly badly formed opinon. Though you say that I lie about the headaches. YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT IT'S LIKE GETTING THOSE F***ING HEADACHES EVERYTIME YOU PLAY THE GAME, EVEN THOUGH I BEAT THE GAME WITH THEM APPARENTLY AND ORIGINALLY STATED THAT THEY WERE JUST MILDLY ANNOYING AND PROGRESSIVELY, IT GOT WORSE THE MORE I GOT BIASED. It's worse than staring into a dim lightbulb. It's worse than bashing your head against a styrofoam block gently.

You can lie about me being biased all you want, but you know it's so true.

Young Link Addict, you've already admitted you're biased, and the definition of biased says you're biased against Spirit Tracks just because it's related to Wind Waker and has trains.

Bias is a term used to described a tendency or preference towards a particular perspective, ideology or result, especially when the tendency interferes with the ability to be impartial, unprejudiced, or objective.

You are prejudiced against Toon Link and things relating to Wind Waker, and you automatically assume a perspective on something just because they involve these factors.

You are biased, so please get over it.

Sahaqiel

Posted

I just said that so he would stop bugging me about it.

Also I'm not being biased. I'm using evedence to prove a point.

I hate WW and PH. ST if a sequal to 2 games I compleatly hate. So naturally I would have the ST too. You can call it whatever, but I call it... Ok I forgot the term, but still.

Posted

Young Link Addict. :/

That's called being biased.

Let me explain bias very clearly. Say you're weighing something on a set of scales. You put three peanuts on the left and four on the right. The right is more heavy and leans to one side more. That is a bias. It's when you lean to one side because of your predetermined opinions. You lean towards Spirit Tracks being a bad game because you thought Wind Waker and Phantom Hourglass were bad games. You have a bias, and you just confirmed it. You are biased. This whole time you were denying being biased, you only did because it sounded bad. In fact, you once admitted you didn't even know what it was, but you thought you weren't.

And all of that wasn't evidence. It was opinion and your own defects. The game didn't tell you to mix up "Wind God's Aria" with "Wind's Requiem". The game wasn't designed to give you a headache. Those things are exclusive to you, and weren't caused by bad development, no matter how many times you say it. Your opinions only stem from half-baked reasons. No one cares if Link looks like a cat. It's a style thing. Looking like a cat doesn't make the game bad. You also didn't pay attention to the plot, because most of the forum agrees it makes sense. It's pretty logical. In fact, the original Legend of Zelda makes less sense than Wind Waker's. Hardly anything is explained in that game, but you never talk about how it doesn't make sense.

The only thing your opinions can come from is a bias.

Sahaqiel

Posted

I know what biased it. I've always known that it was when you prefered one thing over another because you didn't like something else, but this is compleatly different. The word I was thinking of meant taking everything you know and not liking another thing because of those things...................................................................................................................... Dammit. I just said the same thing twice... STILL IT DOESN'T MEAN ANYTHING. It doesn't make me sound bad when I say it the way I do, but your reading it as if everything I say is wrong. It may be wrong to you, but it's right to me.

Posted

No, I read it as if you have really stupid not-well-thought-out reasons that have nothing to do with how good the game is.

Sahaqiel

Posted

YLA, you are actually being biased.

and Saha, if YLA didn't like WW and PH, then there's a very strong chance that he won't like Spirit Tracks.

Posted

I know.

But I might never let go of how bad his reasons are.

Sahaqiel

Posted

This is supposed to be a discussion thread, not fighting.

Posted

Exactly. I was trying to make peace between them.