Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Should I get guitar lessons

5 posts in this topic

Posted

so I've been debating in my head whether or not to get guitar lessons. I've been teaching myself for about a year and a half now, and while thats cool and all, I've made progress and can play a couple tabs, I still suck at things like actual chords that aren't power chords and stuff like that. So I think I might get guitar lessons, just so I can learn the proper technique for it. but what do you guys think? I understand plenty of you know how to play so I figured I would ask you guys if I should pay for lessons or continue to rip tabs from the internet. whaddyafink?

Posted

I think you should try a little more, maybe even look stuff up on Youtube. If you still cannot get it, i'd say go for guitar lessons.

Posted

you can get good at chords if you teach yourself to learn the chords.

if your not going to bother / be able to teach yourself these chords (only has to be simple major / minor chords that all guitarists should know) then get a teacher.

Posted

Yes. If you get online lessons, you will pick up really bad habits like you wouldn't believe. Having a good teacher prevents this.

Posted

Lessons helped me. It's really up to you, though. If you feel like they might help it can't hurt to try it out. :)

It can also help correct/prevent any bad habits.