Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks

8 posts in this topic

Posted

01-Story1.png

This is a tale from long ago. It's the tale of the first settlers of this land. In the beginning, the people followed the spirits of good and all was peaceful.

01-Story2.png

But that era of peace soon came to an end, the evil Demon King rose to power, destroying everything in his path.

01-Story3.png

The spirits of good has no choice but to face him in battle. The war that ensued seemed to last an eternity, and much blood was shed. Finally the spirits subdued the Demon King, though they could not destroy him. Their powers were greatly depleted.

01-Story4.png

With their remaining power, they buried the Demon King's spirit in the ground. They built shackles to imprison him, and a tower that acted as a lock. These shackles cover the land to this day.

01-Story5.png

With their power drained, the spirits of good returned to the heavens. Suddenly bereft of both demons and spirits, this land was entrusted to us.

Chapter One: Aboda Village

Niko an elderly pirate who had seen many adventures in his long life placed the last story card on top of the pile and smirked.

"You like it, I call it Spirits and Demons at War." Niko looked down and saw Link his roommate/soundingboard asleep on the floor.

"Ok, ok I can take a hint sorry for boring you!" Niko said

Link opened his eyes.

"It was a little long Niko." Link said yawning.

Niko took his cane a playfully rapped the youth atop his head.

"Aye but the kids love my stories." Niko said smiling

Link flipped through the cards, admiring the artowrk.

"Is it true Niko?" Link asked

"Of course it is boy, you forget I was here when this land was colonized a century ago." Niko said

"And that would make you how old Niko 150?" Link asked.

"My age is none of your concern...oh would you look at the time." Niko said looking at his bare wrist.

"But you aren't wearing a watch." Link said as Niko rushed him out of the room.

As Link stepped out the door a large shadow fell over him, turning Link saw a familiar face.

"Ah I was just coming to fetch you Link, it's time."

Alfonzo reached out and handed Link a hat, the red hat of a Train Engineer.

"This is for you." Alfonzo said

"Thanks...but I already have a hat." Link said.

"This was mine when I was an Apprentice, it's my lucky charm I want you to have some of my luck for today."

Link took off his hat and placed Alfonzo's own on his head.

"I'll prepare the train for departure, don't be late." Alfonzo said as he walked off.

Link looked around his small town, Aboda village and saw his young neighbor Tyla standing confused infront of her door.

"Look at this Link!" Tyla said

Link walked over and saw a large pile of rocks blocking the door.

"Did you do this Link?" Tyla asked.

"No it wasn't me." Link said slightly confused.

"I went to pick flowers and when I got back, this pile of rocks was blocking my path, it was probably my no good brother Tylo!" Tyla said.

Link rolled up his sleeves and quickly moved the rocks out of the way.

"Thanks Link, hey shouldn't you be at the castle now?" Tyla asked walking into her home.

Link made his way to Alfonzo's house when he was stopped by a young boy wearing a blue and white engineer's cap.

"Helo Tylo." Link said trying to sidestep the boy.

"Check this out!" Tylo said grabbing Links hand.

Link tried to pull away, but the boy was a lot stronger than he looked.

"I've been trying to knock down that beehive with no luck, maybe you can do it?" Tylo asked.

Link picked up a rock and tossed it at the hive, it fell and smashed to the ground.

"Link you klutz not like that!" Tylo screamed as he was swarmed by bees.

Link made his way Alfonzo's house, which was also the roundhouse for the Aboda Train and he walked up the steps to the rail platform.

"You're late Link, we must get going." Alfonzo said

"Your final exam is to get us to the castle on time and without crossing paths with any other trains out on the tracks."

Link jumped up the the train and saluted Alfonzo.

"All aboard!" he shouted.

Posted

This is exactly the game. This is not original content at all.

Posted

Indeed it is, but.. I somehow like it. I must admit, but only if he is doing the whole game, of course, than I would really like it. :)

Posted

Chapter Two: Making Tracks to Hyrule Castle

Link could feel his pulse quicken as he reached for the gearbox handle.

"Good just ease us into it." Alfonzo said

Link flipped the handle up and the train started it's forward momentum.

"Don't forget to..." Before Alfonzo could finish Link pulled the Whistle cable splitting the air with a loud steam driven whine.

"Good now open her up Link."

Link flipped the switch into the full open position and looked back as Aboda village shrank in the distance.

"Now chart our course to Hyrule Castle Link, pay close attention to the location of other trains on the tracks."

Link looked at his rail map and sketched his course with his quill pen.

"How will I know where the other trains are?" Link asked

"It's second nature to an engineer to know where other trains are."

"Like a sixth sence?" Link asked confused.

"Yes of sorts, just trust your instincts." Alfonzo said

Link sat back and watched as the entirety of new Hyrule unfolded before him, like throngs of subjects bowing to the steel, steam driven master of all he surveyed.

"There's something on the tracks Link focus!" Alfonzo shouted.

Link snapped out of his daydream and grabbed for the whistle, a quick tute drove the Moink's from the tracks.

"Their are many hazards on the Spirit Tracks Link, just remember to keep your wits about you and you will be fine." Alfonzo said.

Link stood ready and watched as a greyish spire came into view on the horizion.

"Oh look it's so clear that you can see the entire Tower of Spirits today." Alfonzo said

"And there is our destination, Hyrule castle Town."

Link reached for the gear shift and eased back on the handle, the speed reduced significiantly and the Train came to a casual stop next to the Castle T own Rail station.

"Congragulations Link, you passed your final test."

Link walked off the train and onto the polished marble of the Castle Town Rail Station.

"I'll go to the castle and get everything set up for the ceremony, you can take in the sights here but don't loiter to long the Princess is a very busy woman afterall." Alfonzo said.

Link looked across the alien landscape of Castle Town and admired the carved stones at his feet, the bubbling fountains and the Dancing Postbox...wait a minute!

Link walked over and watched as a man hurried over miming a train as he walked.

"Were you waiting for me to come over...never mind." Link said shaking his head.

"Howdy I'm the friendly Postman." he said saluting

"Ok well...um I have to be going." Link said

"Hold on, I have a letter for you." the Postman said rooting through his bag.

"Here ya go kid." He said handing the boy a letter.

"Oh come on, this was the only letter in your pack did you really have to search for it?" Link asked

The postman just stared, a creepy soulless stare

"I mean, Gee thanks." Link said placing it in his sachel.

"Aren't you gonna read it?"

"Not right now, maybe later."

Link sighed as the postman's cheerful expression vanished and was replaced with a frown.

"Or I could do it now." Link said opening the letter.

"Oh I see the new postal system is up and running, I had no idea." Link said feining suprise.

"Good to know right, well now that my job is done I guess i'll be moving on." The Postman said

Link shook his head as je watched the weird apparition vanish in the distance.

"What are the chances I'll never see that guy again?" he asked himself.

"Oh pay no attention to Garth, he's a little touched if you know what I mean." a guy said.

"By the way you wanna buy some Cuccos?" He asked.

"No thanks...umm."

"Oh it's Hal, well if you change your mind I'll be here...in this exact spot...unmoving for the rest of the game!"

Link smaled and nodded and cautiously backed away.

"Did he just say game?" Link though to himself.

"Got any fish?" A woman shouted running up to him

"No I don't, sorry." Link said quite afraid.

"Oh well if you get any fish just bring them my way, Fish fish my only wish!"

"What's with this place, have they all just escaped from an institution?"

Posted

This is exactly the game. This is not original content at all.

Indeed it is not. He's adapting the game into a text story.

//Continue//

Posted

Chapter Three: The Ceremony

Link left the Castle Town courtyard and entered the castle, surpassing the front door guards with relative ease. But he could already tell that the inner door guard was gonna be a tough nut to crack.

"Nobody's allowed in kid, by order of Chancellor Cole."

"But I'm here to..."

"Don't care, get lost!"

"What's going on here?" Chancellor Cole, a squat man with red hair and two hats on his head shouted exiting the door.

"Oh good day Chancellor Cole, apologies for the disturbance."

"Never you mind Garth, just dispose of the Urchin." Cole said

"But I'm here for the Ceremony." Link said.

"I told Zelda to cancel that pointless ceremony!" Cole said

"Oh well, come along boy. we must get you to your ceremony. Follow me." Cole said turning back towards the door.

Link could feel his heart pounding as he took a knee and lowered his head down in respect.

Zelda, the young Princess of Hyrule walked in wearing a regal dress. Awestruck Link rose his head and caught the gaze of the Princess...and Chancellor Cole.

"Raising your head without permission, you ill-mannered urchin!" Cole said.

Zelda held up her hand waving off Link's supposed slight.

"Ever since our ancestors came to this land the Engineers have been an integral part of our livelyhood, and so to this day we choose only the best and brightest to control the trains. And so on this day I hearby recognise our newest Engineer." Zelda handed Link a rolled parchment.

Link presented his certificate to the court a big smile plastered across his face.

"Shh...Take this letter and read it later." Zelda said slipping a small envelope in his hand.

"The ceremony's over boy now it's time for you to go. Why don't you polish your train or something The thing will be useless before long."

As Link walked out he could have sworn that Cole's eyes glowed red.

Link walked down the stairs and opened Zelda's letter.

"I have a great favor that I must ask of you in person, please meet me." Zelda said.

Link looked in the envelope and found a map pointing to a secret entrance on the second floor.

"What could this be about?" he asked himself.

Posted

Cool!

I loved Spirit Tracks!

More!

Posted

You have so many typos that I won't point out. Please, fix them. My eyes are hurting.