Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Mirror of Twilight

5 posts in this topic

Posted

OK, so i was wondering, why does Midna shatter the Mirror when returning to her own land? I have been thinking this over and have come up with a few suggestions.

1. Zelda says that "shadow and light are two sides of the same coin, one cannot exist without the other", also implying that they can't mix otherwise they will no longer be two completely different 'worlds', therefore, if they mix, the product of this combination will not survive because the balance will be thrown off and there will be nothing to counteract it. So...Midna shatters the Mirror in an attempt to make sure this never happens again.

2. Midna also says something like "as long as the mirror exists, then we will meet again," again, this overlaps with No.1 so she smashes the mirror and sacrifices never seeing Link or Zelda again to avoid putting either world at risk.

3. Duringt the game, Midna says that only the true ruler of her land can ultimately destroy the mirror, proving that Zant was not the rightful King because he could only break it into four pieces. So...by having Midna actually shatter the mirror into hundreds of pieces, the difference between her and Zant, and also their power, is made very clear. But, it didn't really seem nessecary for this to happen cos from Zant's defeat onwards, Midna's power is shown a lot...so I dunno...

These are the only reasons I came up with but they don't really seem strong enough, plus they are a little hard to explain...

What's your opinion??????????????

Posted

These are pretty much the reasons.

I'll move this since it's nothing new, per se.

Sahaqiel

Posted

Number 1 is the main reason as far as I'm concerned, but it can also go the other way, with a light-dweller invading the Twilight realm for self-rightious reasons, which adds a layer of national security to Midna's reasons.

Posted

Another reason that the game implies is that the mirror is actually evil, corrupting characters like Yeta and creating creatures like Armoghoma intuitively.

Posted

Hm, I never really wondered about that. I just thought of other ways of entering the Twilight. However, I do think she sacrificed not seeing Link and/or Zelda ever again so a disaster of world's colliding could be avoided. None the less it's still a said scene.