Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Allow Haitian Refugees?

25 posts in this topic

Posted

Why don't we just divvy it up a little between the countries?

Or you know what, we could just send every single person to a different country. Individually, not in families. Fake countries like Waterland included.

This is serious-Are you on drugs?

Posted

I'm not saying we should let them all in and be the heroes of the year or anything, but I don't think we should let financial troubles stop us from saving some lives. I think we just need to calm down and get a bit more organized and communicated. Just sayin.

^ This.

The relief effort is not organized at all right now.

Posted

This is serious-Are you on drugs?

This is serious-When are you going to stop asking people that when they start making jokes?

Thank you Kimmy :]

Posted

I AM NOT ON DRUGS. I JUST THINK MY PLAN IS FLAWLESS.

Posted

It is, Pheeny. It is :3

Posted

The "Me me me" attitude is exactly why the U.S. is so ill perceived by many countries. Haiti is THE poorest country in the Western Hemisphere and I believe it is hard for many Americans to even fathom how bad the conditions are there even without their current crisis. That said, the U.S. get so much poo, because as the world's leading political hegemon, the U.S. expected to LEAD and set and example. I don't believe it deserves the rip it gets from the press; however, I could live without the imbeciles saying, "Would Haiti help us in our hour of peril?" The U.S. has about a third of the world's wealth. Haiti, in comparison, has about 0.01% of the world's wealth and the wealthy 1% of Haiti own HALF of the entire wealth of the nation. Out of all of the nearby central American nations, only Costa Rica, Brazil and Mexico might be stable enough to lend some aid, and they could not nearly lend enough aid to match what the U.S. has pledged to provide.

It's not an issue of what's fair; it's helping a poor nation whose troubles are compounded by widespread destruction and death toll estimates that are climbing into the hundreds of thousands.

And even stupider than being a selfish prick is to seriously believe the media's doggiepooing and moaning about lack of involvement. Doing something is good enough. The truth is, no matter how much the U.S. contributes, it's not going to be enough for the media. Obama has pledged $100 million in aid to Haiti, and that's doing something and it's good enough of a contribution, methinks. I don't think it's so much other countries complaining, but the media in general.

On the issue of refugees, the U.S. is the closest superpower to Haiti. France, Germany and Britain are all across the ocean, so it's only logical that the U.S. should take the bulk of the load.

Posted

Naw, I feel like only Brazil.

Like, Brazil has been kicking some ass lately. <3

Helping is good. But fff I don't like the expectations and the fact that nothing's good enough.

I understand that we're closest but that does not mean nobody else can lakjsdflkjsdf.

Posted

yeah, what about England? they're an Island, too. Its essentially the same thing. Nobody would notice the difference.

Posted

Also, we might donate enormous amounts of cash to relif efforts, but the cash isnt spent on the right things.

I.E. For first aid kits to Haiti, we sent open heart surgery kits.

Posted

GMP, do you have any puppying idea what you are talking about? First aid kits don't do everything, and with the right equipment trained professionals can help.

Shut up. Seriously.